Eye protection over glasses...?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I wear glasses, dont get on with contacts, i have bought amd tried bole tracker IIs with inserts whole thing including getting perscription was 50 quid but they fogged like a bitch. Bit more expebsive were the bolle blast, which are blue so not quite tacticool but do the job when paired with revision antifog wipes.

https://www.thesafetysupplycompany.co.uk/p/1112311/bolle---blast-safety-goggles---ventilated-safety-spectacles---anti-scratch-anti-fog-lens---en1661b39-en170---bo-blapsi.html

https://www.thesafetysupplycompany.co.uk/p/4573697/bolle-prescription-insert-only---fits-into-most-makes-of-safety-goggle---bo-sosblast.html

On 05/07/2018 at 08:40, Cleaners inc said:

https://www.military1st.co.uk/15636000-bolle-pilot-goggles.html

swaying towards these, anyone have experience 

I use pilopsi or something to that effect, wear big glasses with no issues. Never had them fog either. 

My googles are the tinted version of the ones you’ve linked. £15 on Amazon

downside to having a double up with goggles and glasses is that you now have to set of lenses which can fog up.  so if you're hot under the goggles youre going to get a nice amount of fogging and moisture build up. Thats if youre like me any way and a heavy sweater.

I opted for a set of ESS glasses which I picked up from a surplus store for £15 then took an old pair of glasses that I had and cut the lenses down so that they fit into the insert. cheapest opition I can think of that is comfortable and doesnt fog up at all.

19 hours ago, Da_sheriff said:

downside to having a double up with goggles and glasses is that you now have to set of lenses which can fog up.  so if you're hot under the goggles youre going to get a nice amount of fogging and moisture build up. Thats if youre like me any way and a heavy sweater.

I opted for a set of ESS glasses which I picked up from a surplus store for £15 then took an old pair of glasses that I had and cut the lenses down so that they fit into the insert. cheapest opition I can think of that is comfortable and doesnt fog up at all.

Hi

How did you cut down the lenses?

Cheers

G

On 09/07/2018 at 09:23, MisterG said:

Hi

How did you cut down the lenses?

Cheers

G

Few ways you can do it really;

Jewellers saw

circular sander 

rotary tool with cutting disk 

rotary tool with sanding drum

Most people have access to sanding paper and a power drill so a circular sanding method is mostly used. often favoured.

Just draw the outline of the inner part of the blastic prescription insert onto a bit of masking tape (get the thick stuff) make sure it s nice thick black marker youre using then just grind it down to the outer of the black marker and test the fit. apply a little bit of glue to hold it in place and then youre sorted.

Probs takes about 30 mins in all to do but take longer to get it right first time as you cant reverse the fuck up (unless you have lots of spare lenses about)

Now it is worth noting something first that you will need to consider when doing this. the lense is set to the width of your eyes in that frame. so you want to make sure that you mark where your pupil needs to sit with each lense so that it matches up atfer youve cut them up and put them in a differnt frame.

not sure if ive made the best of sense of this but if need be Ive got a new set I need to do (thanks to prescription changing) so can do a video if you really need a visual guide or maybe look up youtube, im sure there isa  video there.

Thanks, I'll give it a go with the rotary tool.

Cheers

G

This brings back memories 😂 Used to work on a building site and you had to wear goggles over your glasses which is a special kind of hell on a hot day.

I would just go with the rentals the first time and see if he wants to play again before you buy some goggles and start cutting them up. 

I am so happy that I don't have to put up with this problem anymore, didn't start wearing glasses until I was 18 or so (tried my bosses on and could see so much better lol didn't even know I needed them) its not until you wear glasses that you realose a lot of things are really not glasses friendly. Laser eye surgery the best thing I ever did in my life!

Turns out if you take the arms off a regular pair of metal frame glasses you can get it to fit in the slot for prescription inserts in a pair of Bullet Ant googles, as long as the frame is thin enough.

Didn't fog while indoors, will see on the field once I remove the foam and use Revision wipes.

Cheers

G

DSC_0037[1].JPG

Oh wow cool. Proper double glazing. Pretty much hiw motox goggle inserts work.

Still better off with contacts imo.

Well something I tried today. never got around to cutting my new lenses down so resorted to using clear blu-tac to stick the lenses to the ballastic lens. I was surprised that it actually worked. so if you want a cheaper temp opition I guess that works too.

Archived