Eye protection over glasses...?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Done some research but a lot of dated answers 

what are my options for eye pro that can fit over glasses?

its not for me, it’s for a friend who has never played Airsoft before and wants to try it, therefore probably just a one of so expensive ones are out of the question

he can’t wear contacts due to hay fever and other issues 

he is near of blind without his glasses on

any ideas guys...

I’ve seen people play using a Dye i4 mask whilst wearing glasses. Bit expensive but they’re meant to be the dogs bollocks!

40 minutes ago, BoomingHedgie said:

I’ve seen people play using a Dye i4 mask whilst wearing glasses. Bit expensive but they’re meant to be the dogs bollocks!

An option but he will literally probably ever only play one or two games over a year due to work, so couldn’t warrant the cost 

2 minutes ago, Cleaners inc said:

An option but he will literally probably ever only play one or two games over a year due to work, so couldn’t warrant the cost 

That's fair enough mate probably not worth the cost then.

I don't know the make or brand but I've also seen goggles where you can get prescription inserts so that could be a better alternative?

3 minutes ago, BoomingHedgie said:

That's fair enough mate probably not worth the cost then.

I don't know the make or brand but I've also seen goggles where you can get prescription inserts so that could be a better alternative?

But then I’m guessing he’d need to buy inserts which will probably cost a fair bit as well? (Not clues up on glasses and costs so maybe wrong)

9 minutes ago, Cleaners inc said:

But then I’m guessing he’d need to buy inserts which will probably cost a fair bit as well? (Not clues up on glasses and costs so maybe wrong)

Have a look at this:

https://www.otg-goggles.com/the-5-best-airsoft-goggles-to-wear-over-glasses/

Hopefully that will help!

You can fit glasses under a paintball mask, I would say it would it under a rental mask at some of the sites I played at.

I paid £4 for cheap frames off eBay that will fit most full seal goggles, haven't put lenses in but would expect that to be about £30 or more.

Cheers

G

31 minutes ago, Cleaners inc said:

https://www.military1st.co.uk/15636000-bolle-pilot-goggles.html

swaying towards these, anyone have experience 

No but looks like more than enough room for a pair of bins under there.

36 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

JT Flex 8 Goggles fit over glasses with loooooads of room underneath.

Here's my mask:

VxSi1SD.jpg

Cool mask.

Where did you get the battery box?

Cheers

G

40 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

JT Flex 8 Goggles fit over glasses with loooooads of room underneath.

Here's my mask:

VxSi1SD.jpg

Any links? Can’t seem to find them without being a full helmet unit, no seperate goggles. Cheers for all the help guys 

• Mostly Retired Moderators
1 hour ago, MisterG said:

Cool mask.

Where did you get the battery box?

Thanks, I like it - no fog ever! :D

The mask was pre-assembled by another forum member, I got it off of him second hand. 

But it's the same as this one: 
https://www.smallscalelights.co.uk/product/AAA_3_volt_battery_box_with_switch

Two AAAs has my fans working for around 4 Solid game days.

1 hour ago, Cleaners inc said:

Any links? Can’t seem to find them without being a full helmet unit, no seperate goggles. Cheers for all the help guys 

You'll probably have to get it as a complete mask I'm afraid.

Mine had the paintball lower removed and the Mesh lower on mine is held on with Cable ties to the ventilation holes in the bottom of the goggles.

The other option, as mentioned above, is the Dye I4.

The looks aren't to everyone's tastes, but it apparently functions superbly against fog without fans, and will fit over most specs.

1 hour ago, Cleaners inc said:

https://www.military1st.co.uk/15636000-bolle-pilot-goggles.html

swaying towards these, anyone have experience 

Can tell you these work fine to fit glasses underneath. Me and a friend are using these with glasses with no problems. 

• Supporters

I wore glasses under my Dye i4s for a time. Use contacts nowadays but they fit just fine. Inserts are also a valid option. Definitely recommend some sort of fan attachment on the top of your mask. 

13 minutes ago, HKRiceBucket said:

Can tell you these work fine to fit glasses underneath. Me and a friend are using these with glasses with no problems. 

Just what I wanted to hear 

37 minutes ago, Cleaners inc said:

Just what I wanted to hear 

Bear in mind they do fog up like a lot of goggles do. So may need to get anti fog stuff or make some DIY vents to alleviate it. 

Also use ebay or amazon. Can get that much cheaper than £20. Save yourself a few quid. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bolle-Pilot-PILOPSI-Platinum-Anti-Fog-Anti-Scratch-Clear-Lens-Safety-Goggles/263270392258?epid=1509941459&hash=item3d4c2361c2:g:b0MAAOSwO7hZ6JP9

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000VDLP4G/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P01X9KQVX701&psc=1

i use Bolle Pilopsi and cant fault them for £15.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Cleaners inc said:

£55 for DYE I4s, he could use for one game and sell on for £45. £10 is nothing for peace of mind and ease of use.

BZ Paintball for the DYE I4.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Also, while we're on the topic of Anti-fog solutions (aside from fans)... Revision Anti-Fog wipes are all you need.

Never had an issue with fog when combining the revision wipes and my fans.

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Also, while we're on the topic of Anti-fog solutions (aside from fans)... Revision Anti-Fog wipes are all you need.

Never had an issue with fog when combining the revision wipes and my fans.

also try fogtech wipes, never had any issues with those :), 

this weekend, if all good, gonna try bobs spray (forgotten name as its in loft!) for a game, abbey anti-fog spray has been working fine for me so far

but remember, everybody is different so what works for us may not work for you

• Supporters

Just use the on site rental masks , if it’s only likely he’ll play the once then he’s not going to want to spend a lot which puts you in the realms of “ooh there a bit dodgy mate !” , me personally I always spend a lot when it comes to eye safety .

Archived