Custom home made airsoft

Karinexmachina
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've seen a few around the internet, mainly with a Star Wars theme.

Cheers

G

At the moment i'm looking for experienced folk in this area the idea I had to get into this was to make a simple SMG based on the UZI. The UZI gearbox was unique and is almost impossible to find.. 

The gun in question is the Cobra.image.png.8565acc456f8a10688ec092e9bd65566.png

A quick google and GBB Uzis aren't that hard to find.

Cheers

G

I was looking to make an AEG not a GBB sorry i should have stated that. Iv'e yet to find a liking to GBB guns especially green gas

I'm not sure but.. would building this gun around an UZI magazine and a Upgraded AEP gearbox be viable..

• Head Moderator

I wonder how many people are in violation of VCRA S.36 Manufacture of realistic imitation firearms

(1) A person is guilty of an offence if—

(a) he manufactures a realistic imitation firearm;

because they do not have a defence to do make one.

If someone made an IF and then someone with a valid defence painted it for them, would that comply?

Cheers

G

22 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

I wonder how many people are in violation of VCRA S.36 Manufacture of realistic imitation firearms

(1) A person is guilty of an offence if—

(a) he manufactures a realistic imitation firearm;

because they do not have a defence to do make one.

Difficult to prove if they put an AEG in it though. I mean that screams 'for airsoft'.

There is a thread on here somewhere from a guy making a custom AKM of some kind.

20 minutes ago, Sacarathe said:

Difficult to prove if they put an AEG in it though. I mean that screams 'for airsoft'.

There is a thread on here somewhere from a guy making a custom AKM of some kind.

Just to put my view on that.

I don't think an AEG on its own really screams "for airsoft" in the law's point of view, yes it's the most likely reason but...

Maybe I want a RIF to flaunt in front of the local gang members and to scare civilians and shoot old people? :P

Serious note though. Dropping a gearbox in probably won't defend someone or make it any more "difficult" on its own as it still fires, and it's still a Replica Imitation Firearm under the VCRA.

I'd imagine all they need is proof of you manufacturing (without a VCRA compliant defence) something that imitates the looks, and replicates the function of a firearm in order to book you for it?

Wait what you need some kind of paperwork for making an airsoft gun? i didnt know that. ive seen one youtuber outside of the UK make guns like the type 38,  the Ghost in the shell rifle and a china lake..

So altering an existing airsoft rifle to look like something else?? i don't get what this is about. Whats the law on turning a RIF into a different RIF like say an UZI into a Ruger MP9....

11 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Is it not virtually unprovable though? 

Pretty much. If it was for a collectors or hobbyist point of view then very few people would even know you have them or had made them in the first place.

The whole 'Defence' thing has more holes in it than my best socks!! 

I personally love the idea of turning RIFs into other RIFs as I am so impractical with these things I could never turn my hand to it :D  

I just follow the simple practice of ‘don’t be a dick with guns’. Hasn’t let me down yet. 

• Supporters

Depends on your mechanical skills and imagination really .

i wanted an SLR but couldn’t afford one so I took a king arms FAL carbine ,

C96E3D75-BFB0-4978-A45E-BA0523C9921D.jpeg

And made my own L1A1 F1 , was a slightly shorter SLR that was made in low No’s for the Gurkhas and jungle warfare .

D7E24B58-E064-4665-BFEA-725A1EC9F598.jpeg

• Supporters
30 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

And made my own L1A1 F1 , was a slightly shorter SLR that was made in low No’s for the Gurkhas and jungle warfare .

that's friggin awesome mate, been thinking about doing the same (for the same reasons lol), nearly jizzed over your mates one you posted up for him, just can't justify that kinda dough at the mo, JG here I come 😁

& yep the whole "manufacturing a rif" shit is BS, only becomes an issue if someone then goes on to commit any type of crime with it, & tbh I know the plod wouldn't care either if its use is just airsoft/recreational.

38 minutes ago, Tackle said:

& yep the whole "manufacturing a rif" shit is BS, only becomes an issue if someone then goes on to commit any type of crime with it, & tbh I know the plod wouldn't care either if its use is just airsoft/recreational.

Its like anything, only becomes an issue after a crisis or a problem. Policies only get looked at after an issue!

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Tackle said:

the whole "manufacturing a rif" shit is BS, only becomes an issue if someone then goes on to commit any type of crime with it, & tbh I know the plod wouldn't care either if its use is just airsoft/recreational.

Mite or mite not be surprised the No of plod that know absolutely nothing about Airsoft in relation to the VCR bill , where I live every yr there’s an autumn fair (been going on for 100’s of yrs aparantly) any way last yr came across a gentleman of an ethnic origin selling cheap nasty springers and ‘B.B.gunzisbestest’ quality AEGs on his stall , so I see a roaming copper go up to him inform him and he looks at me blank , a lumpy jumper joins us and she looks equally blank , he gets on the radio to his Sgt who ‘vaguely’ remembered somthing about ball bearing guns being illegal to sell without a licence but really there’s equal lack of clue from him too ! 🤦‍♂️

Couple of mins later gets back on the radio to tell the little boy playing policemen (he looked about 14 ! F**k I’m old !) to say he’d spoken to a firearms officer and I was right he shouldn’t be selling them on his market stall ! 🤦‍♂️

22 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Great now I have to spend the rest of my working day wearing pants filled with jizz... cheers arseholes! @Druid799 😁

Hmm there's just something about going to an airsoft skirmish with a unique gun that i find interesting. being different from the crowd. its already quite different when i take my KSG which there isnt any of on the site i go to. but most CQB engagements are really tight through wooded area's as well as most engagement distances being a little over the range of the shotgun. making me switch to 6 per and using quite a few rapid shots to hit a target. if only the Airsoft KSG was a 14 shot gun like the real one.. in the game i played i used it extensively shooting at targets to disorientate them while i rush in closer for a hit. It was the main reason i liked the KSG accuracy and ammo.

Anyhow i'll work on making an IF airsoft for now just to see what i can come up with.

16 hours ago, Karinexmachina said:

Wait what you need some kind of paperwork for making an airsoft gun? i didnt know that. ive seen one youtuber outside of the UK make guns like the type 38,  the Ghost in the shell rifle and a china lake..

So altering an existing airsoft rifle to look like something else?? i don't get what this is about. Whats the law on turning a RIF into a different RIF like say an UZI into a Ruger MP9....

You would  need a defence.

For example, UKARA is a defence.

Do you have an active UKARA registration?

Cheers

G

Archived