G&G Firehawk Flash Hider/Amplifier issue from Patrol Base?

Jellytotz
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

Recently purchased a G&G Firehawk from Patrol Base and maybe it's my ignorance, but I thought the amplifier/flash hider was supposed to be full metal? It came pre installed with a metal BUT orange tip version and a plastic all black version (with no grub screw hole either!). 

Is this correct or have I been done over? 

More than happy to stand corrected if this what should be expected, just a bit gutted from stock the metal version wasn't all black.

5 hours ago, Duff said:

Just spray paint it satin black.

I know I could, just unexpected and more effort my end than expected.

Just heard back from Patrol Base, apparently they are now getting them shipped from a US factory hence the metal amplifier being orange tipped.

26 minutes ago, Jellytotz said:

I know I could, just unexpected and more effort my end than expected.

Just heard back from Patrol Base, apparently they are now getting them shipped from a US factory hence the metal amplifier being orange tipped.

Effort? To rattle can a 4 inch piece of metal? Wat....

2 hours ago, Duff said:

Effort? To rattle can a 4 inch piece of metal? Wat....

And if you dont have a can lying around? Then buying one for the sake of a few inches if orange. I would be hacked off too

36 minutes ago, James1989 said:

And if you dont have a can lying around? Then buying one for the sake of a few inches if orange. I would be hacked off too

I'm sorry but you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

It is no effort to grab a can of satin black from Halfords and takes even less time to spray the item. You'll literally spend twice the time shaking the can than you will painting it.

I'll chalk this up to entitlement and millennial laziness.

smh 

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Duff said:

I'm sorry but you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

It is no effort to grab a can of satin black from Halfords and takes even less time to spray the item. You'll literally spend twice the time shaking the can than you will painting it.

I'll chalk this up to entitlement and millennial laziness.

smh 

In this instance I think your wrong Duff.

If you had seen a car with black wheels being driven around, you went to a dealership, ordered said car expecting black wheels and they came out orange, you’d be pissed and want it to be replaced.

Sure you can spray put them yourself, little bit of “effort” as you put it..

But they hadn’t told said bloke that they would be orange rather than the black everyone came to expect.

2 minutes ago, Prisce said:

In this instance I think your wrong Duff.

If you had seen a car with black wheels being driven around, you went to a dealership, ordered said car expecting black wheels and they came out orange, you’d be pissed and want it to be replaced.

Sure you can spray put them yourself, little bit of “effort” as you put it..

But they hadn’t told said bloke that they would be orange rather than the black everyone came to expect.

This. Exactly my point.  Lots of things can be rectified yourself, but if something is advertised as having said thing, I expect said thing upon arrival i.e. in this case full black metal flash hider.

Nothing to do with entitlement at all.

I don't drive so halfords is a pain in the arse. I live in a one bed flat so cant just go outside and spray stuff in the garden so have to set up a work area. Plus the expense of a can which isnt massive but is still unnecessary. Overall I'm a believer in if you order something you should get what you order? And calling it millenial laziness is jut wrong you have no idea how hard I work. To be fair your comments always come across as belittling and childish which is why I commented on behalf of the OP

Well I'm glad people see my point of view and would also be a bit gutted not receiving what was advertised. 

But let's not argue amongst ourselves peeps! Or we'll just end up full autoing each other on a semi auto only airsoft site 😜. Let's just blame the Americans and their weird orange tips 😏

P.s. If you're American and reading this......yes, you're weird - kidding! x

Archived