Airsoft sites South west of London ? (Surbiton)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

(YES I AM NEW TO AIRSOFT)
so I am located in Surbiton, and I am currently trying to find fields local to me at the moment I'm really struggling I know there is elite action games in Dorking but their website is having issues with the calendar I also know of the billet by ambush adventures but I also can't find any game dates at that site either. so I really don't know what to do in this sense I down want to travel far no longer than an hour and thirty minutes, I know of tactical airsoft in Croydon but I looked at a couple reviews of the site online and they said the site is bad and the player and refs are rude I know that's only a few peoples experiences but its still put me off if anyone has had good experiences or is a regular to the site please let me know or if anyone knows of sites local that would be great I know I'm probably, missing more local field but I have also heard of bunker 51 but I don't know anything about the field and haven't seen any reviews of the field so if anyone has any experience or is a regular please tell me what its like or if people know of any other sites near Surbiton that would be awesome thank you. 

P.S I know the mall in reading but its like 2 hours and always booked so not an option I would love to try in the future because hear good things about it.

Hi

I am further North than you, and close to the M25, so the sites I chose may be a bit further out for you.

However, I think you will need to travel out of London, both Ambush Adventures and Gunman have sites in Eversley.  Reforger is north of Watford and a new site starting up this week in High Wycombe on the old Xsite site.

The Billet is also run by Ambush, but has been closed for months due to the MOD doing work on the site.

Don't know where you are in Surbiton, but would say it will be much less that 2 hours to Reading early on a Sunday morning, I would say closer to 1 hour than 2, maybe 2 hours worst case to get back if the roads are bad with people coming in to Lonon for the week to work.

Absolute is also in Reading.

Bunker 51 is in Greenwich and nowhere near the tube station, so will probably take you longer than getting to Eversley.  Even though it is one of the closest sites to me as the crow files, I am unlikely to go as I wouldn't want to carry all my gear across London on the Tube.  I have heard it can be quite manic at times.

There are vids and reviews all over the internet, Youtube etc that you can look at.

Cheers

G

Check the EAG Dorking FB, as far as I am aware the site is still running with no issues, I bloody hope so as I wana get own there next month as its one of my fave woodland sites!

57 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Check the EAG Dorking FB, as far as I am aware the site is still running with no issues, I bloody hope so as I wana get own there next month as its one of my fave woodland sites!

Oooh I might be down to accompany you sir as I don't have any dates booked for August yet. Give me a holler if you'd like some company.

1 hour ago, Albiscuit said:

well at the moment the website is having issues as i cant see the calender 

1 hour ago, MisterG said:

Hi

I am further North than you, and close to the M25, so the sites I chose may be a bit further out for you.

However, I think you will need to travel out of London, both Ambush Adventures and Gunman have sites in Eversley.  Reforger is north of Watford and a new site starting up this week in High Wycombe on the old Xsite site.

The Billet is also run by Ambush, but has been closed for months due to the MOD doing work on the site.

Don't know where you are in Surbiton, but would say it will be much less that 2 hours to Reading early on a Sunday morning, I would say closer to 1 hour than 2, maybe 2 hours worst case to get back if the roads are bad with people coming in to Lonon for the week to work.

Absolute is also in Reading.

Bunker 51 is in Greenwich and nowhere near the tube station, so will probably take you longer than getting to Eversley.  Even though it is one of the closest sites to me as the crow files, I am unlikely to go as I wouldn't want to carry all my gear across London on the Tube.  I have heard it can be quite manic at times.

There are vids and reviews all over the internet, Youtube etc that you can look at.

Cheers

G

lots of information brilliant thank you so much, there are plenty of videos, yeah but none are high-quality videos and atm I don't have my driving licence so travel is a restriction of min. thank you for telling me about the billet I played there once and was really looking forward to going back, however, there was no news on their website that MOD was working on it do you know if ambush will be able to get it back after or if MOD have fully reclaimed the site if not nether the less thank you for info you were really helpful sir.

When I last played at Ambush 4 weeks ago they still didn't have a date from the MOD, the work was originally supposed to have finished by April, so they are well behind.

Just checked their facebook page and there is no news.

Cheers

G

9 minutes ago, MisterG said:

When I last played at Ambush 4 weeks ago they still didn't have a date from the MOD, the work was originally supposed to have finished by April, so they are well behind.

Just checked their facebook page and there is no news.

Cheers

G

okay awesome thank you 

• 5 weeks later...

EAG Dorking is absolutely brilliant, it's my new regular site. I live near Croydon and normally play at Dorking and The Mall. Both of which are a little bit of a trek but worth it. 

Bunker51 looks fun but their pricing confuses me and it seems like you pay per 2 hour game slot rather than a whole day Airsofting? That's a deal breaker for me. Plus having to carry all my kit on public transport because sod driving there.

TWA Croydon is awful, I've been there twice and never again. First time I had a crap day because all my guns broke so I put it down to that, plus despite offering half day rates and this happening before lunch they wouldn't give any kind of  refund and simply told  me I could "rent or leave", not a great attitude. second time I went was still a crap day full of cheats and abusive players. It's basically the site owners young son and all his mates "having fun" (read cheating like mad but nobody doing anything about it because biased marshals) and it attracts all the local trackie wearing scum from Croydon and *shudder* New Addington. The site itself has no real development or facilities to speak of, it's pretty much all wild undergrowth and fighting your way through thick brambles, they've not cleared any paths or areas or put any kind of thought into the layout of game areas. Save yourself some money, don't go there.

• 2 months later...
On 02/08/2018 at 16:50, TheKempyy said:

Get yourself down to Dogtag Airsoft in Horsham mate. You won't be disappointed.

Thats the place i want to check out. Going to be heading there for their next open day 4th Nov if anyone going? Will be my first go at it. Whats it like there? Are you able to keep gear in the safe zone etc 

1 hour ago, FENSTER said:

Thats the place i want to check out. Going to be heading there for their next open day 4th Nov if anyone going? Will be my first go at it. Whats it like there? Are you able to keep gear in the safe zone etc 

I'll be there on the 4th with a few mates. It's one of the nicest venues I've played; 250acres of varied woodland, structures, helicopter wreck, etc... yes you can keep gear in the safezone, it's boothed out under cover with worktops and pub benches.

37 minutes ago, Immortal said:

I'll be there on the 4th with a few mates. It's one of the nicest venues I've played; 250acres of varied woodland, structures, helicopter wreck, etc... yes you can keep gear in the safezone, it's boothed out under cover with worktops and pub benches.

Lovely 😊 might see you there then not that i’ll recognise you lol

I'll be head to toe in either flecktarn or tropentarn camo with yellow glasses, flecktarn camo VSR rifle and maybe an mp5k hanging off my chest. Possibly an ARP9 with a drum (just for the morning warmup). We normally take a booth opposite the coffee machine...

In fact I'll be the only one in german green canvas gaiters... lol :D

1 hour ago, Immortal said:

I'll be head to toe in either flecktarn or tropentarn camo with yellow glasses, flecktarn camo VSR rifle and maybe an mp5k hanging off my chest. Possibly an ARP9 with a drum (just for the morning warmup). We normally take a booth opposite the coffee machine...

In fact I'll be the only one in german green canvas gaiters... lol :D

I will keep my eye out for you :) cant miss me, have all my own gear apart from the loadout lol. Carrying an SR4 Mamba and my sniper as aint to sure what to use yet and a beretta. Actually i have a black tac vest. But i’ll keep an eye. 👍🏻 Be good to meet some people doing the same thing. 

I second Dogtag! Went there couple weeks ago for the first time (after an airsoft hiatus ) and it was way better than the sites i used to go to! Great people and you even get a small dominos for lunch!  

Looks like i made a good choice going there for my first game then. I have a couple people coming with me when i go...does anyone know what the weapons are like that you hire?

Just now, FENSTER said:

Looks like i made a good choice going there for my first game then. I have a couple people coming with me when i go...does anyone know what the weapons are like that you hire?

from memory it was the standard G36 package 

On 03/07/2018 at 15:10, STORMZOMBIES said:

(YES I AM NEW TO AIRSOFT)
so I am located in Surbiton, and I am currently trying to find fields local to me at the moment I'm really struggling I know there is elite action games in Dorking but their website is having issues with the calendar I also know of the billet by ambush adventures but I also can't find any game dates at that site either. so I really don't know what to do in this sense I down want to travel far no longer than an hour and thirty minutes, I know of tactical airsoft in Croydon but I looked at a couple reviews of the site online and they said the site is bad and the player and refs are rude I know that's only a few peoples experiences but its still put me off if anyone has had good experiences or is a regular to the site please let me know or if anyone knows of sites local that would be great I know I'm probably, missing more local field but I have also heard of bunker 51 but I don't know anything about the field and haven't seen any reviews of the field so if anyone has any experience or is a regular please tell me what its like or if people know of any other sites near Surbiton that would be awesome thank you. 

P.S I know the mall in reading but its like 2 hours and always booked so not an option I would love to try in the future because hear good things about it.

I'm just down the road on Kingston Hill!! 

Just now, Hamisakim said:

Ah ok cool thanks. 

8 minutes ago, Hamisakim said:

I'm just down the road on Kingston Hill!! 

Not far from me either, i’m at Walton-on-Thames 😋

29 minutes ago, paradox123 said:

Kingston University student here! Where do you guys play and do you travel on public transport? 

Dogtag airsoft in crawley looks like it'll be local site in the future, and  I drive! 

Looks like we can form a little South West London group 😛

5 hours ago, Hamisakim said:

Dogtag airsoft in crawley looks like it'll be local site in the future, and  I drive! 

Looks like we can form a little South West London group 😛

You know that 👌🏻

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Immortal said:

Did either of you two goto DogTag last sunday?

Yeah i bought my daughter along. I did try looking out but didnt realise it got so busy on a sunday lol

Can have over 100 players at times.  Was a rainy day when I played, so less than that and many left at lunchtime.

Cheers

G

Archived