Airsoft Forums UK
STORMZOMBIES

Airsoft sites South west of London ? (Surbiton)

(YES I AM NEW TO AIRSOFT)
so I am located in Surbiton, and I am currently trying to find fields local to me at the moment I'm really struggling I know there is elite action games in Dorking but their website is having issues with the calendar I also know of the billet by ambush adventures but I also can't find any game dates at that site either. so I really don't know what to do in this sense I down want to travel far no longer than an hour and thirty minutes, I know of tactical airsoft in Croydon but I looked at a couple reviews of the site online and they said the site is bad and the player and refs are rude I know that's only a few peoples experiences but its still put me off if anyone has had good experiences or is a regular to the site please let me know or if anyone knows of sites local that would be great I know I'm probably, missing more local field but I have also heard of bunker 51 but I don't know anything about the field and haven't seen any reviews of the field so if anyone has any experience or is a regular please tell me what its like or if people know of any other sites near Surbiton that would be awesome thank you. 

P.S I know the mall in reading but its like 2 hours and always booked so not an option I would love to try in the future because hear good things about it.

Hi

I am further North than you, and close to the M25, so the sites I chose may be a bit further out for you.

However, I think you will need to travel out of London, both Ambush Adventures and Gunman have sites in Eversley.  Reforger is north of Watford and a new site starting up this week in High Wycombe on the old Xsite site.

The Billet is also run by Ambush, but has been closed for months due to the MOD doing work on the site.

Don't know where you are in Surbiton, but would say it will be much less that 2 hours to Reading early on a Sunday morning, I would say closer to 1 hour than 2, maybe 2 hours worst case to get back if the roads are bad with people coming in to Lonon for the week to work.

Absolute is also in Reading.

Bunker 51 is in Greenwich and nowhere near the tube station, so will probably take you longer than getting to Eversley.  Even though it is one of the closest sites to me as the crow files, I am unlikely to go as I wouldn't want to carry all my gear across London on the Tube.  I have heard it can be quite manic at times.

There are vids and reviews all over the internet, Youtube etc that you can look at.

Cheers

G

Check the EAG Dorking FB, as far as I am aware the site is still running with no issues, I bloody hope so as I wana get own there next month as its one of my fave woodland sites!

57 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Check the EAG Dorking FB, as far as I am aware the site is still running with no issues, I bloody hope so as I wana get own there next month as its one of my fave woodland sites!

Oooh I might be down to accompany you sir as I don't have any dates booked for August yet. Give me a holler if you'd like some company.

1 hour ago, Albiscuit said:

well at the moment the website is having issues as i cant see the calender 

1 hour ago, MisterG said:

Hi

I am further North than you, and close to the M25, so the sites I chose may be a bit further out for you.

However, I think you will need to travel out of London, both Ambush Adventures and Gunman have sites in Eversley.  Reforger is north of Watford and a new site starting up this week in High Wycombe on the old Xsite site.

The Billet is also run by Ambush, but has been closed for months due to the MOD doing work on the site.

Don't know where you are in Surbiton, but would say it will be much less that 2 hours to Reading early on a Sunday morning, I would say closer to 1 hour than 2, maybe 2 hours worst case to get back if the roads are bad with people coming in to Lonon for the week to work.

Absolute is also in Reading.

Bunker 51 is in Greenwich and nowhere near the tube station, so will probably take you longer than getting to Eversley.  Even though it is one of the closest sites to me as the crow files, I am unlikely to go as I wouldn't want to carry all my gear across London on the Tube.  I have heard it can be quite manic at times.

There are vids and reviews all over the internet, Youtube etc that you can look at.

Cheers

G

lots of information brilliant thank you so much, there are plenty of videos, yeah but none are high-quality videos and atm I don't have my driving licence so travel is a restriction of min. thank you for telling me about the billet I played there once and was really looking forward to going back, however, there was no news on their website that MOD was working on it do you know if ambush will be able to get it back after or if MOD have fully reclaimed the site if not nether the less thank you for info you were really helpful sir.

When I last played at Ambush 4 weeks ago they still didn't have a date from the MOD, the work was originally supposed to have finished by April, so they are well behind.

Just checked their facebook page and there is no news.

Cheers

G

9 minutes ago, MisterG said:

When I last played at Ambush 4 weeks ago they still didn't have a date from the MOD, the work was originally supposed to have finished by April, so they are well behind.

Just checked their facebook page and there is no news.

Cheers

G

okay awesome thank you