Sniper rifle - what to do?

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Currently I have an A&K S24, which has had a:
Maple leaf hop arm
Crazy Jet 510mm barrel
Autobot bucking
However, I can't get the bugger to shoot straight at all. And despite being powerful, I can't seem to get any range.
So as I see it, I have three options:

1) Stick it on the wall and admit defeat, as it's pretty

2) Remove the new parts and buy a different sniper that I can use the barrel in - like the BAR10

3) Sell the lot and save up the rest to get an SRS.

I don't like option one, as it's a constant reminder I wasn't capable enough.
So that leaves 2 or 3.
Any thoughts / advice?
TIA

Ask a tech friend / someone you trust or ask a local shop to look at it for a fee if you really can't find the problem. 

What does the chrono say? Is it reading what you expect? 

Also I recommend taking it back to stock if you can or haven't already, then introducing your upgraded parts one at a time. Time consuming but it could be something simple. 

28 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Never admit defeat. Where abouts are you based? Are you on FaceBook?  

Yup, am on FB 😄 but defeat is looking attractive at the mo....

27 minutes ago, Callyourhits said:

Ask a tech friend / someone you trust or ask a local shop to look at it for a fee if you really can't find the problem. 

What does the chrono say? Is it reading what you expect? 

Also I recommend taking it back to stock if you can or haven't already, then introducing your upgraded parts one at a time. Time consuming but it could be something simple. 

Unfortunately I don't have any IRL airsoft friends and I don't know a decent tech near me.
The chrono comes in at pretty much spot on what I'd expect.
325 fps / 1.96J on .4's 

I tried it stock and there was a similar issue - BBs going all over the place.
But worth a punt, I guess.

I thin the thing is that, given my minimal ability, I'm loathe to spend more time on it....

• Supporters
56 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

And despite being powerful, I can't seem to get any range

It's shooting ~500fps but not travelling far?  Is it sufficiently hopped?  Can you over-hop your BBs?  What weight and brand are you using?  Is there a consistent pattern to the inconsistency, i.e. do they tend to fly off in a particular direction?

FWIW, I'm getting slightly better consistency from Specna Arms than from Geoff's, both 0.43g biodegradables.

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, PT247 said:

I hate to say it, but I'd avoid bios if running a sniper rifle, they can expand and cause issues

Second that, I've got two jammed up shotguns due to slightly older (2 year old ?) biodegradable bb's.

• Supporters

Sammo, I am still convinced that it is not VSR compatible....your bucking is probably the issue. Well the bucking cylinder head ‘meshing’.

• 4 weeks later...

Could try a bit of heatshrink over the cylinder head? May allow them to marry better? 

Well, thanks to a lovely chap called Jack, introduced to me by an equally lovely chap @Prisce, I am now in possession of a fully (nearly) working S24...
The nearly bit is that it's down to me to fit the upper and lower. And as I am a mechtard, I have yet to get the mag feeding properly.
He took it to bits, rebuilt it and added the TDC mod, for which I am ever grateful.
I'm soooooo excited to take it out tomorrow. My fingers and everything else are firmly crossed.
Will report back when I've had a play.

Archived