Help with my Gladius 17

ProPain87
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So yesterday at the end of the day I emptied off my mags, gun shot fine but once empty and the slide locked back I noticed this spring has come out of its place and stuck ( see pictures ) as I said the gun still works, for now so I’d rather fix it before anything detrimental happens to it. 

Cheers 👍

69B4D3E3-C0B2-45C2-AFF2-92A74239A0BC.jpeg

B60550F9-419E-4B8F-93BA-8726A0CB2B16.jpeg

734137C6-5917-42AD-A12A-10A44CC3518C.jpeg

4A028AFB-6377-4C5E-BBEC-2D21F6ED054E.jpeg

3F2C834E-D183-49CF-AAC6-BF5C8989F94D.jpeg

3C00165B-0E3A-4D44-8ABE-29B24E51D90D.jpeg

Looks like it’s probably the nozzle return spring, take the slide apart and have a look, without dismantling though can’t be sure

17 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Looks like it’s probably the nozzle return spring, take the slide apart and have a look, without dismantling though can’t be sure

Im not very clued up on pistols and there’s not much out there for parts that I’ve found for the gladius, which is slightly annoying. I’m willing to try and fit a new spring if I can find the right one 

that picture any better?

image.jpg

Take it apart, you’ll have to take it apart to repair it anyway.

Looks to be TM compatible,  so parts should do

Cheers for the help I’ll try stripping it tomorrow when the wife’s on nights and report back 👍

Finally got round to stripping the gun down, here is what I found.

now to find a replacement.

also while the gun is stripped could anyone suggest what maintenance I need to do. I’m also planning on changing the hop up nub 

image.jpg

image.jpg

I can’t find a spring which says it’s for my pistol, only really tm or we, which should I go for or should I just get both lol

TM or WE re very similar, it’s  only for the nozzle return, so doesn’t really matter which you get, you could even get an upgraded one.

I’d be more interested to know how it got mangled tbh. might be better to get some spares just in case lol

What brands should I look for, for an upgraded spring, I’m going to get a new nozzle while I’m at it but going to get a stock one since it’s co2. The nozzle

looks fine but I’ve had it a year so might as well change it. I’m planning on getting a few spare springs once i find one that fits. As for how it happened I have no idea 

Found a we spring on eBay for £4 so ordered that and will give that one a try for now and go from there 

• 3 weeks later...

Had this happen to me the first day I got my gladius! Stripped the nozzle too and jammed the bugger tight so getting the slide off was a nightmare. Luckily mine came with a spare nozzle and tracking down the spring wasn’t as tricky as I thought.  WE or TM parts will work but £4 + shipping for a spring is extortion in my book, I got a spring manufacturer to make up 50 for just over a tenner, send me a DM and I’ll post you a couple..

Archived