Ess v12 problem, marked lense?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Following on from my previous topic about eye protection I Purchased some second hand ess v12s, I removed the vent foam and wore them for the first time yesterday at the mall, overall I was very impressed with them and noticed very little fogging and when it did fog slightly going for a run/walk quickly cured the issue. 

I didn’t put any anti fog on them as I’m still waiting for that in the post.

I noticed after a few games that the inside lense seemed to be getting blurry, after inspection it was due to what seemed like a layer of skin on the inside lense spider webbing, coming away, disappearing. The areas with this also seemed to fog a lot easier. It’s As if it’s had a fine layer of protection, anti fog or something on it. I tried to wipe them with a tissue but made little difference 

Is this antifog from a previous owner breaking up under use or is this an actual protective layer of the actual lense  that is now ruined? I did use my Tshirt to wipe sweat of them a few times so maybe this caused it?

What should I do to cure the problem? Does anti fog stuff clean of easy? Is it even anti fog?

Hope someone understands what I mean as hard to explain it and i have no experience with any goggles other then mesh

Many thanks

Can’t help with the issue but if you need replacements they’re about £5 on eBay. 

Oh oh the joys of buying second hand! 

Should always wipe with an anti fog cloth. I discovered this yesterday when I poked a piece of tissue up mine to wipe away some sweat and they instantly fogged up. 

I had the same thing with mine, that film is the manufactures anti fog coating. I used cheapo anti fog wipes that were alcohol based and it started to take that film off. Completly buggered that set of lenses. The only way forwards is to get a new set .I would recommend revision fog wipes. To use with them as well

Yes I had the same with mine,used copious amounts of anti-fog so I expect a massive mix of different chemicals causes the issues.

The yellow lenses are mad in woodland but not good for bright sunny days(3 x a year),smoked are ok.

• Supporters

For your anti fog wipes. Pop down to Halfords and have a look at Rainex’ anti fog wipes, dirt cheap and work perfectly.

Rainex is awesome stuff, even better if you can get hold of Canadian stuff. 

22 hours ago, Cleaners inc said:

How long does one fog cloth normally last?

The ESS NoFog cloth? I've been using the same one since I bought my first pair of ESS ICE glasses about... 8 years ago? And it's still going strong. It's a bit tatty and manky by now, maybe I'll consider buying a new one.

• Moderators
On 02/07/2018 at 08:55, Cleaners inc said:

Is this antifog from a previous owner breaking up under use or is this an actual protective layer of the actual lense  that is now ruined

as all mentioned above,

This happened to a pair i had, i have been using them fine with various anti fog sprays but i accidentally used a cloth i clean lenses with and it started to do the same. Just switched to the other lenses while a new clear set was sent via ebay.....now keeps cloths separate

Archived