Complete range of TM aegs in English

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Where can I find a complete catalogue with specifications in English.

I would like to see what is available, and what the differences are between the different grades of product.

Retailers are no good since they only stock certain items, and the TM website is not user friendly at all.

With G&G and other makers you can see the full range online with details, so that you know why some guns are more expensive than others.

And if anybody could explain to me what exactly Marui sopmod batteries are, I'd be most grateful. I assume they are nimh type batteries in special format. Can normal nimh types be used in the TM guns? Will they fit or does a different connection have to be put in?

How on earth is TM able to achieve over 20 rounds a second with an 8.4 battery?

I’m not sure where you would find that but the only ones worth looking at are the Recoil shocks and the high cycles in my opinion.

Thanks.

And what exactly is the difference between them? I assume the high cycles have no blow back effect.

There seems to be some kind of difference between recoil and recoil shock too. All a bit confusing for somebody like me.

I assume the all plastic ones are older models and not recommended considering what else is available on the market..

I've also heard that some other manufacturers use grades of polymer that are superior to TM's ABS. Is this true?

Recoil shock -

has ‘recoil’ and bolt stop function, excellent performing guns! I had a Scar L and loved it!

High cycle -

standard TM AEG with no bolt stop or recoil and their Eg3000 motor, think they are short stroked which means high rate of fire! Had a MP5 HC which again was pretty good, only shot at 220 FPS but still reached out! 25 RPS on a 7.4.

• Supporters

Recoil, recoil shock, sopmod or next gen all refer to the same thing and that's the newer series of guns with recoil features etc

High cycle refers to upgraded and higher rof versions of their older plastic guns with external modifications, normally a rail and stuff

Sopmod batteries are Nimh's in a unique format made for the TM 416, 417, sopmod, cqbr and recce rifles that gives them a quick change battery kept in the stock. Unanimously they're not worth using though and pretty much everyone does the lipo mod to use regular lipo batteries instead. Basically this is just a regular battery connector soldered on to the quick change terminals

In this day and age, I’d only be looking at the recoil shocks. They’re one of the best out of the box AEG’s.  

Their standard AEG’s are very well made, but are plasticy and don’t offer anything over what most companies provided at a lower price. They used to be ‘THE’ brand of AEG, when everything China and Taiwan offered was crap, but now everyone has stepped up their game, and for me they’re no longer worth their price tag. 

Their GBBR’s are shit hot. Best guns I’ve ever used. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived