petition on knife law changes

mimozine
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Tiercel said:

Another utterly ridiculous kneejerk reaction by a government that doesn't have a damn clue what it's doing. All the Dindu Nuffins are busy Dinduing, so let's ban private ownership of classical and historical swords on display in the privacy of your own home... Because that's what the Dindus are using.

Oh wait.. no they're not. They're using Poundland kitchen knives and.. according to Harrow MPS, pencils.

harrow-mps-mpsharrow-jul-17-anes-harrow-mpscadets-local-police-confiscated-31601742.png

well thats me in danger if this goes further, i go to surveys with pencils in the equipment bag.....in fact the 'clicky' ones are more dangerous as they have  metal point :lol::lol::rolleyes:

hang on i should be fine as i wear a tactical yellow vest :lol::lol::rolleyes:

What we need is a police force that operate akin to the city guards in TES:Oblivion.

Actually would be hilarious. I just read that back, their AI is atrocious.

What about sharp sticks? Sharp sticks are OP as fuck. Ban those!

Teeth? Finger nails? Cheese wire? Karate chop to the kneck? Heavy boots? Timber? Household chemicals? Cars? Pollution? Stress? NHS? Bricks? Hammers? Bad jokes?

They must all be banned. All potential killers.

Think of all the snowflakes trembling under their duvets reading that list. FFS....

May aswell ban me too...

2 hours ago, L3wisD said:

med_1421949000_image.jpg

For those who don't take their hits 😉

Firing BBs of course

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Duff said:

Out of sight - out of mind.

As long as you're sensible I don't see a problem with tansporting them sensibly. Whether that be to a skirmish, a shop, a friends house for a backyard pew.

Being sensible is being sensible, but what the person possessing the item thinks is not relevant, it's whether they can convince someone objecting to their possessing it in a particular place which counts.

As a rule I say never possess a RIF in public unless you're taking it somewhere, and you have a good reason (which to me, and as you say, means an intent to perform maintenance of any kind, or shooting of any [legal] kind. 

Same for knives really. That being said, a lot of us carry a knife everywhere, so that's not a fool proof line of reasoning, lets lets leave that at "cutlery knives".

Just now, Sacarathe said:

Being sensible is being sensible, but what the person possessing the item thinks is not relevant, it's whether they can convince someone objecting to their possessing it in a particular place which counts.

As a rule I say never possess a RIF in public unless you're taking it somewhere, and you have a good reason (which to me, and as you say, means an intent to perform maintenance of any kind, or shooting of any [legal] kind. 

Same for knives really. That being said, a lot of us carry a knife everywhere, so that's not a fool proof line of reasoning, lets lets leave that at "cutlery knives".

True. I always have a knife on me, usually a folding blade too. Illegal I know but it's a habit I have had my entire life.

Not once have I pulled it on someone in an aggressive manner or brandished it in an unsafe way.

The laws on wielding a knife are simple, nothing longer than a 3 inch locking blade. I imagine no one realised you can murder someone quite profficiently with a 1" blade.

Believe it or not, I try to be sensible. Most of the time.

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Duff said:

True. I always have a knife on me, usually a folding blade too. Illegal I know but it's a habit I have had my entire life.

Not once have I pulled it on someone in an aggressive manner or brandished it in an unsafe way.

The laws on wielding a knife are simple, nothing longer than a 3 inch locking blade. I imagine no one realised you can murder someone quite profficiently with a 1" blade.

isn't it sub 3" locking blade is the limit for not needing to justify having it, you can carry bigger but you need a reason (and relevant, not "i need this 9" bowie knife because i'm a chef")

4 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

isn't it sub 3" locking blade is the limit for not needing to justify having it, you can carry bigger but you need a reason (and relevant, not "i need this 9" bowie knife because i'm a chef")

Ah yes it specifically say 3" or under...

What makes you think I would know the ins and outs of the laws I break on a daily basis? 🤗

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Duff said:

Ah possibly. What makes you think I would know the ins and outs of the laws I break on a daily basis? 🤗

i wouldnt worry, i just have a knack for remembering pointless things in detail and instantly forgetting important things :D

• Head Moderator

Moderator Message

Posts about carrying knives are not relevant to the original UKARA topic they were posted in, and are better placed here. 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Duff said:

Don't believe a word of it 😜

Archived