Stti MK23 or Army Armament R28

Callyourhits
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Well funnily enough I have the R28 and up until a few wks ago I had the STTi as well ! 😂

first off there both very accurate, I was getting 3’ish mags full out of one gas up with mk23 (as it’s NBB) and 1&1/2’ish out of the R28 . The 28 is running around 325fps on propane and the 23 was doing 340with out the suppressor and due to the inner barrel extender inside it with it on it was doing 405fps ! 😱

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

Well funnily enough I have the R28 and up until a few wks ago I had the STTi as well ! 😂

first off there both very accurate, I was getting 3’ish mags full out of one gas up with mk23 (as it’s NBB) and 1&1/2’ish out of the R28 . The 28 is running around 325fps on propane and the 23 was doing 340with out the suppressor and due to the inner barrel extender inside it with it on it was doing 405fps ! 😱

Thanks. I just wish the real mk23 was less plastic. I know it's a bit of a beast and has lots of room to upgrade...but then I think by the time I've spent 100+ on it I could of bought a nice stock hi capa. Then I look at the 28 and see the mags are cheaper it's gbb and comes in a nice tan and then like you said I remember it's efficiency is so so. Arhhh. 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Callyourhits said:

Thanks. I just wish the real mk23 was less plastic. I know it's a bit of a beast and has lots of room to upgrade...but then I think by the time I've spent 100+ on it I could of bought a nice stock hi capa. Then I look at the 28 and see the mags are cheaper it's gbb and comes in a nice tan and then like you said I remember it's efficiency is so so. Arhhh. 

To be honest mate a buddy had one as well and he did all the hadron upgrades and it was better than mine , but me personally I don’t think it’s as much as he spent better . 

But then on the flip side the R28 is a lovely feeling gun but I’m not very impressed with the mags that much , I bought three and one leaked like a ‘beeatch’ and when I went to remove the fill valve to grease it it sheared off , and I was using a proper valve tool so not impressed with it .

• Supporters

See, here I disagree with Druid, the STTI form Skirmshop is £40, the TDC mod from hadron is £15, the H/I plate from whoever is ~£3, the maple leaf 50 bucking is ~£10, so for roughly £60 you have a side arm capable of out ranging some primarys.  The only mod left to make it any better is the crazy jet inner barrel, I don’t have this in mine, but it’s known to improve performance.  Run the gun on red gas, feed it at least .4s and happy days.

A friend of mine had the AA R28 for about a month, it’s good, just nothing to write home about.

Archived