Airsoft Pro Cylinder

P13
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

4 hours ago, Countryman said:

Im just going to add my recent experience here and hope I get a resolution. (I may add that my luck with Airsoft kit so far can only be discribed as "completely shit")

Started looking at upgrades to my Cyma 702 week before last. Found some of the descriptions on Airsoft Pro's site really confusing, M24, VSR, Snow Wolf etc seems to be fairly indistinct so pinged a message to Radek "Tech Guru" who suggested a couple of parts I might want to think about.

Put an oder in for north of £200. Pinged a note of this at Radek for a final nod. Shipping notice arrived. Got a note that I might want to consider a tighter barrel. Asked to amend my order. Nothing back

Parcel arrived (£27 of shipping well spent) Opened the package and toyed with the parts. Cylinder head doesnt fit the cylinder supplied. Mailed Radek, who was very aplogetic, told to return for refund. Wonder how much return of £15 part will be? Then last night I started assembly in earnest only to find that the Trigger Unit and Piston dont fit the 702. Labelled as "for VSR and copies".

Have, mailed and rung today but clearly they arent in. £120 of my £244 order doesnt fit. Thats not very confidence inspiring!

Will update when I receive word back.

Update Radek Emailed me. Recognises he didnt see this in my mail. Suggested replacements and asked me to return with them covering postage.

Cannot really say fairer than that!

You can only really tell a good company when something goes wrong.

Which cylinder did you go for? I’m looking to get a new one for my vsr

• Root Admin

I know you're not asking me, but I've had two Airsoft Pro ones and they've both performed really quite well. Don't think there's a bad choice for cylinders though - the PDI and ASPUK (which I suspect are just Airsoft Pro ones) perform just as well. What matters more is that piston you put inside it. Muzzle energy limits in the UK mean that the cylinders we buy just don't get stressed enough to come near to breaking.

12 minutes ago, proffrink said:

I know you're not asking me, but I've had two Airsoft Pro ones and they've both performed really quite well. Don't think there's a bad choice for cylinders though - the PDI and ASPUK (which I suspect are just Airsoft Pro ones) perform just as well. What matters more is that piston you put inside it. Muzzle energy limits in the UK mean that the cylinders we buy just don't get stressed enough to come near to breaking.

I’ve just fitted the v4 trigger set, so was going to marry it with the steel nickel cylinder, open to all advice really 

4 minutes ago, proffrink said:

Could do. I found it way too shiny and actually chemically darkened it so it was more like a dark grey, but it is nice. Won't give any performance gains, however.

Unless I go for the black version? I’m ocd with things and need them all matching 😂

i quite like the idea of a black cylinder but it seems almost too cheap

To be honest I’m stuck for a decision, as my monthly treat it is a new cylinder or a BFG 😎

I’ve gone for the black steel one. Frankly getting to 500fps is a breeze. The spring guide adds a lot of smoothness. The M150 gives it plenty of power. If the air seal is good then the rest is the hop and barrel.

Black is way better than the silver. Looks like the inside of a coke can!

Well I bought the Airsoft Pro one and will see this morning what it will hop. I have a selection of BB’s to test.

8 hours ago, P13 said:

To be honest I’m stuck for a decision, as my monthly treat it is a new cylinder or a BFG 😎

Go BFG.

I have so many grenades now it’s clearly a problem. The Dynatex ones are excellent and the aftersales is superb.

Nothing like seeing all the little sad faces on a line of blokes filing off to respawn after you snuck up and fragged em!

7 minutes ago, Countryman said:

Well I bought the Airsoft Pro one and will see this morning what it will hop. I have a selection of BB’s to test.

Go BFG.

I have so many grenades now it’s clearly a problem. The Dynatex ones are excellent and the aftersales is superb.

Nothing like seeing all the little sad faces on a line of blokes filing off to respawn after you snuck up and fragged em!

Sold... thinking of going timed as I play outdoors predominantly.

i have the standard TM hop with airsoft pro arm, can easily hop .36 and .4, used .36 the whole day Sunday and had great fun with them 

18 minutes ago, P13 said:

Sold... thinking of going timed as I play outdoors predominantly.

i have the standard TM hop with airsoft pro arm, can easily hop .36 and .4, used .36 the whole day Sunday and had great fun with them 

Go timed. I have the impact and if the ground is soft it won’t go off. I got right in on a big bunch of the enemy team, dropped in the Chudleigh, nothing, got spotted and shot 30 times.

Still sad about that.

45 minutes ago, Countryman said:

Go timed. I have the impact and if the ground is soft it won’t go off. I got right in on a big bunch of the enemy team, dropped in the Chudleigh, nothing, got spotted and shot 30 times.

Still sad about that.

I can imagine mate, I’d be the same. Just ordered a timed BFG will pick it up from Socom in a couple of hours.

Thanks for the advice I appreciate it

No sweat! Just fitted the steel cylinder. Definitely looks better but not as smooth as the original.

May wear in. There are tooling marks on the outside that act like a very, very fine file. Bit of clatter as the nozzle enters the hop up chamber.

I’ve got the stock Tm cylinder still, but with a m160 spring in there it’s stiff to say the least 

So I’m hoping that with my mods I can drop to an M140. Same reason, ease of pull.

Interesting what I’m finding achievable compared to the Novritch I ordered ( Now cancelled due to order cock up). Results for M150 are pretty much as they advertise.

Black steel Cylinder installed.

faffing with the scope and camera set up now.

CB145585-EA85-47E8-ADA2-29A7D164124A.jpeg

• Root Admin

I have split this off into a new thread so it's in the correct section.

3 hours ago, P13 said:

I’ve got the stock Tm cylinder still, but with a m160 spring in there it’s stiff to say the least 

You'll likely end up hitting over 500 with an M160. Especially as Airsoft Pro (I'm assuming that's the brand you're using) have marginally more powerful springs than everyone else for some reason. Like Countryman says an M150 or M140 can reach 500ft/s (2.3J) quite readily.

As for it being hard to move - this will be more down to your spring guide and piston or lack of lubrication, but you'll also want to make sure you've got a little lubricant on the outside of the cylinder itself. Also be absolutely certain you've seated the spring guide stop correctly when installing the trigger. In theory a new cylinder could help a bit with this, but probably won't be too noticeable. I suspect this isn't the case though as it's less of a problem with the Airsoft Pro and LayLax triggers over the stock ones (it not seating correctly when reinstalling).

I am hitting about 550 fps with hop on, so just about to pick an m130 action army spring and will be having a play about today with it all. Will clean it all and regrease it aswell. 

550 fps with the shorter Gspec barrel is pretty hot! 

Will also be installing my new TNT barrel today and picking up a timed BFG 

• Root Admin

Is that converted from a value you're getting with your sniping weights or are you shooting .20s through a crono? If it's the latter, you need to learn about Joule creep and crono with the weight you intend to use on game day. Otherwise you might buy a spring that still shoots hot when you move weights.

Also different springs have different outputs according to their brand. Sniper forums might be best for this but the Airsoft Pro ones are notoriously overpowered (or at least have been if they've not fixed that), but I'm not sure where Action Army sits on that spectrum.

This was .2s through a chrono on game day, could get the m130 as they were out of stock. So will do a bit of reading up on springs 

Just ordered my black cylinder, and a straight cylinder head.

i did have the ASP rounded cylinder head with o ring, but i was shredding o rings on the bb catch, and the bolt slide was clunky. Anyone else had this problem?

Or maybe something else is wrong, i was thinking maybe an alignment problem. 

Have now fitted the TNT barrel, and currently awaiting some laylax spacers.

So yesterday I fitted the new cylinder, cylinder head, m130 spring and some barrel spacers. 

Have to say this cylinder looks beatiful

😍

359A4DCA-C399-4A97-BECE-D699E3C1CBF6.thumb.jpeg.aa7a7bd1a6017ee6557359d92aa3321f.jpeg3C119A58-1930-47A3-AC05-CC1552261881.thumb.jpeg.3097ee9f6c14a8673c8f8181122dc3a0.jpeg

Archived