Help on buying a new gun

Joebcobra
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello I play mostly urban and woodland have a price range of £200 to £350 and can’t decide on what new gun to buy any suggestions would be great and any eaxtra information on say Asg scorpion for example would be great many thanks to the people that post :) 

If you can, visit a shop to hold some.

Or get your hands on as many as you can at your local site for a feel.

Or do what I do and buy what you think looks nice and shiny.

13 minutes ago, Duff said:

If you can, visit a shop to hold some.

Or get your hands on as many as you can at your local site for a feel.

Or do what I do and buy what you think looks nice and shiny.

I love the 416 style m4 but can’t decide on which make to get either the g&g vfc ics or tm version of the gun I know tm are known to be the best but they are expensive which other make would you suggest 

• Supporters

Just get a G&G to start with , not expensive really bomb proof and won’t let you down .

• Supporters

Not owned that particular one my self but I do have 4 other G&G guns , I hadn’t heard that but who knows ? I know I don’t listen to jackshit of what’s going on ! 😂

1 minute ago, Druid799 said:

Not owned that particular one my self but I do have 4 other G&G guns , I hadn’t heard that but who knows ? I know I don’t listen to jackshit of what’s going on ! 😂

Lol what g&g guns have you got so I could take alook at them 

I have a g&g SRXL, never let me down. I don't know many people that have had a g&g and had an issue with it.

But I agree with Duff, go somewhere and hold something. You might like the look of a vector for example and then when you actually grab one it's uncomfortable... It's your money and time and the end of the day, don't waste it on people's opinions 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Joebcobra said:

Lol what g&g guns have you got so I could take alook at them 

I’ve got there L85a2 , L85 AFV , TR16 A5 and a good old bogstandard plastic bodied combat machine M4 ! 👍

Another vote for G&G from me. You won’t do much better for the money to be honest. 

Ignore the mosfet issues, it’s mostly down to people using 7.4 Lipo instead of 11.1

• Supporters

G&G recommendation train Choo choo!

They're one of the best budget friendly AEGs on the market. 

6 minutes ago, steakandpotato said:

G&G always get a good recommendation - and for good reason.

How many guns do you currently own?

I have 1 gun and looking to buy my second my first gun is a cm 16 raider and I’m just looking for an upgrade or just a nicer rifle 

2 minutes ago, Gepard said:

G&G recommendation train Choo choo!

They're one of the best budget friendly AEGs on the market. 

Ok nice to know and suggestions on what g&g gun to get 

8 hours ago, Joebcobra said:

Is it any good not heard much about specna arms 

I'd never heard of them either til I picked one up at a too good to be true price, and it's amazing. The performance is on the sort of upper end of average. However it's the build quality that impressed me so much, it's absolutely rock solid and one of the best made guns I've ever had. And full of nice features like quick change springs.

17 hours ago, Joebcobra said:

I have 1 gun and looking to buy my second my first gun is a cm 16 raider and I’m just looking for an upgrade or just a nicer rifle 

Ok nice to know and suggestions on what g&g gun to get 

Okay well I'll always be an advocate for the firehawk. It's just a fun gun with how loud it is, and very easy to move around so great for CQB/quicker play styles.

That said - just have a browse on patrolbase looking at various guns that have a good reputation. (G&G/Ares for example) and see if you can find a gun that you like the look of.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I'll never not recommend Specna.

However, everyone is correct in saying a G&G will stand you in good stead..

If you want to avoid looking like a rookie with a raider, plump the extra few notes on a CM18.

You get the MK18 looks, and more rail space, no triangle sight post, so gives you a bit more scope for the top rail.

Plus unless you get up close you'd struggle to tell it was a G&G Combat Machine, so you won't have to worry about people looking down on you for having a newbie gun (they won't, or they shouldn't, but some new players worry about looking new, which is silly)

And they look cool with the tan body and black furniture.

Here's a post I did a few months back regarding the CM18:

Either a G&G CM18 (Looks loads better than the CM16) or a Specna Arms SA-A** or SA-B**.

You'll find they'll do you proud for long enough until you want to go to the next tier up :)

Here's the CM18 btw.. much better looking than the raider:

DTE9NjU.jpg

Then, the same gun with different furniture on:

TXoM9p7.jpg

Archived