New guy from the north east

Dotc0m
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys looking into joining an airsoft club/team/group - not sure what the collective is known as yet!

I'm an electrical engineer by trade and I work 4 on 4 off rotations but looking to get into a new team hobby I can pick up and fit around my work commitments. I'm based primarily around the north east but will be looking to play around the country if possible!

i was initially looking into paintball but airsoft caught my eye as I liked the guns/loadouts I saw online. I'm looking forward to getting into a battle and seeing how I do

dotcom

• Head Moderator

Welcome :)

Collective term for an airsoft team is a Muppet / Cluster / Thicket / Confusion... take your pick.  ;)

• Supporters

Welcome! :)

The CM16 series is indeed a great place to start! Are there any particular guns you're a fan of? M4, AK, G36, etc..

Whilst I recommend renting first to get a bit of experience I'm sure there's a few brands we could refer you to if/when you decide to buy your own.

Have a look at this website. It contains a pretty decent sized list of events/skirmishes in the UK.

There's a few teams but the majority of players just turn up whenever. Not something I'd worry about initially. Most sites have Facebook groups you can join, so you can usually plan stuff through that. Additionally the forum has a section dedicated to teams but it's not getting much use: https://airsoft-forums.uk/clubs/

I'm a pretty big fan of the g36 and the scar-l so I'd be looking at one of them if I enjoy the hobby as much as I think I will. I'll be looking at picking myself a rif once I have my defence sorted in a few months time. 

I was wondering what some good reputable websites are to buy things from online - I'm talking protection and accessories more than weapons- I'd prefer to hold one before spending on one. 

Archived