WAS RECON compatible panels

PopRocket123
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've just bought a WAS Recon but you can't get the WAS molle panels in OD. can anyone recommend a compatible panel in green. I've had a look around and I've seen some in ranger green which would work but I don't know if the clips are compatible. A non US based retailer would also be preferred. Thanks.

• Supporters

As long as the panel comes with 1" clips it'll fit. 

What's your budget though?

Well from what I've found £20 would get you one of the WAS ones in multicam or coyote but any others in green are $50 plus postage from the US so less than that.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Lozart said:

As long as the panel comes with 1" clips it'll fit. 

Afraid not, there are the oddballs out there where the horizontal spacing is different or the length of webbing under the clip causes weird alignments that can sometimes be impracticable.

I'd say WAS are the best value for the panels, but search through tactical-kit.co.uk and hueys.co.uk.  LBX and Ferro concepts will not work, but everything else I'm seeing would be alright.  It's a system not many people are getting in to yet so there's not much stock in the UK and there's no true standard across all manufacturers; there's at least 4-5 'specs' floating around right now, though the WAS which copied from Mayflower/Velocity is the most common.

Contact UK Tac though and double check if they're ever gonna get more WAS, because it'll be the only option that's a definite guaranteed spot-on fit.

I've already contracted UKTactical. They said that WAS wasn't making any and was unlikely to in the near future. When I asked them about alternatives they said they didn't know of any and recommended getting a coyote one and spraying it with krylon so I came here for intelligent suggestions instead

• Supporters

I've mentioned 2 other stores that have alternatives, if you've exhausted those options then next thing would be ask either Flimmuur Tactical on facebook or one these guys to make a custom one:

https://www.facebook.com/MaelEoinTactical/

https://www.facebook.com/JTacCustom/

Might be cheaper than buying from the states.  If it isn't, I don't know of any other options but to wait for the July 4th sales and get something sent over.  Or if you want to spend some more but have a chest rig/placard combo with a ton of functionality get a Spiritus Systems mk3 chassis + inserts.

5 minutes ago, CKinnerley said:

I've mentioned 2 other stores that have alternatives, if you've exhausted those options then next thing would be ask either Flimmuur Tactical on facebook or one these guys to make a custom one:

https://www.facebook.com/MaelEoinTactical/

https://www.facebook.com/JTacCustom/

Might be cheaper than buying from the states.  If it isn't, I don't know of any other options but to wait for the July 4th sales and get something sent over.  Or if you want to spend some more but have a chest rig/placard combo with a ton of functionality get a Spiritus Systems mk3 chassis + inserts.

Thanks I'm looking through those sites now. I have found some cheap condor ones that I can probably adapt to make work and for £15 it's worth a try.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, PopRocket123 said:

Thanks I'm looking through those sites now. I have found some cheap condor ones that I can probably adapt to make work and for £15 it's worth a try.

@CKinnerley has a point about the webbing length actually. I bought a condor recon panel to use on my ops PC and it sits way too low! 

• Supporters

Will definitely need a beast of a sewing machine to shorten the webbing on those Condor VAS panels to make them work on the Recon.

Never recommend gambling your money on the brand personally but each to their own.

Just now, Lozart said:

@CKinnerley has a point about the webbing length actually. I bought a condor recon panel to use on my ops PC and it sits way too low! 

I saw that the straps were way too long and there's too much material at the bottom. I'm guessing the clips aren't compatible anyway so I'm probably going to cut the clips off and attach the right ones much closer to the panel and shorten the bottom.

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

I saw that the straps were way too long and there's too much material at the bottom. I'm guessing the clips aren't compatible anyway so I'm probably going to cut the clips off and attach the right ones much closer to the panel and shorten the bottom.

That was the point I was making before, the clips themselves will fit but the panel is too long and too low. 

2 minutes ago, Lozart said:

That was the point I was making before, the clips themselves will fit but the panel is too long and too low. 

I was expecting that'd be the case. For the price though I don't have a problem cutting it up to make it fit 

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

I was expecting that'd be the case. For the price though I don't have a problem cutting it up to make it fit 

Just had a quick look at the condor one , I think it would be relatively easy to alter it to match up with the WAS panel dimensions , split the top and bottom seams tuck the extra material inside its self , shorten the buckle straps , re-stitch job done . 👍

1 minute ago, Druid799 said:

Just had a quick look at the condor one , I think it would be relatively easy to alter it to match up with the WAS panel dimensions , split the top and bottom seams tuck the extra material inside its self , shorten the buckle straps , re-stitch job done . 👍

Exactly what I was thinking. If it works I'll get a couple more. It's pretty stupid that the main selling point of the Recon is the modularity for them to not sell extra panels in the different colours.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

Exactly what I was thinking. If it works I'll get a couple more. It's pretty stupid that the main selling point of the Recon is the modularity for them to not sell extra panels in the different colours.

I know what you mean bud , some times you look at some manufacturers and you do think WTF ?

4 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

I know what you mean bud , some times you look at some manufacturers and you do think WTF ?

Yeah I can understand that OD is going to be a slower seller than multicam or coyote but if that's the case just do smaller runs like they do with the rest of the OD kit. It's taken me this long to get a Recon because they're always sold out in OD because of this.

• Supporters

22 minutes ago, Lozart said:

I saw that one. I might try that if my conversion doesn't work. That's the best price I've seen for one too. Just hope I dont get shafted by postage.

• Supporters

I could be missing something or it's showing up differently for me, but that particular link is both OOS and located in Hong Kong.  Not gonna be terribly cheap to post, might get hit with import VAT/'handling'.  Not saying you shouldn't import stuff I do it all the time, but it's usually only worth the postage with multiple items.

1 hour ago, CKinnerley said:

I could be missing something or it's showing up differently for me, but that particular link is both OOS and located in Hong Kong.  Not gonna be terribly cheap to post, might get hit with import VAT/'handling'.  Not saying you shouldn't import stuff I do it all the time, but it's usually only worth the postage with multiple items.

I was planning on getting a few anyway but mainly that would be a last resort. I checked on other similar sites and postage is looking to be at least £50 

• Supporters
9 hours ago, CKinnerley said:

I recently bought the OPS AMSPC from the same guy via ebay AND the M4 front panel from the UR-Tactical site. Both came from HK via courier, postage wasn't excessive and I had no import duty to pay.

Oh...and it was all in Typhon ;)

• Supporters

I see Taiwan Gun are now selling a copy of the vest so wonder if they’ll start selling spares panels soon , looks very similar to the real one ?

Quick update the Condit panel has arrived and hop boy this isn't going to be as simple as I'd hoped. The panel is too long at both the top and bottom so the molle doesn't line up, th straps are as expected way too long, there's a random flap at the bottom that velcros to the inside of the panel and it's too wide and for some reason to hide this they made the molle loops at the edge 50% too wide. I give this a badly drawn star out of 10. Well done Condor you tried.

e74a76707d5bec44c36f4f276e72fb5c.jpg

Perhaps someone like FRV tailoring could make you one?

24 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Perhaps someone like FRV tailoring could make you one?

If I can't make this work that might be the way to go. Just a quick shot to show the size difference.

20180705_181453.jpg

20180705_181445.jpg

Archived