Hi From Devon!

Buck
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just started looking into giving airsoft a try and came across this forum which seems like a good place to be.

Growing up me and a group of friends use to play alot of airsoft in a friends woods on his farm, building bunkers and all sorts of fun stuff. Then years later I got into scenario paintball and had a great time playing some awesome scenario games with the team I was in, but sadly circumstances changed and I stopped playing. Lately I've been thinking back to the good old airsoft days so I'm thinking of dusting off the paintball kitbag and swapping out the paintball gun for an airsoft to give it a try properly. 

Going to do alot of reading on this forum and get myself along to a game somewhere to see what it's all about. Any advice or guidance is always welcome.

So yeah, Hi 😃

Welcome welcome, only advice I have is get some eye and face pro and take a good pair of boots. Assuming that your old kit isn't in any working condition.

Otherwise rent for your first few games until you find a gun you like. Make friends with your locals so that they insist you try out their shiny pew pews of joy. No really they will insist because we love showing off our toys.

All my kit seems in pretty good nick luckily, been sat in the loft for 7 years apart from my mask which I've lent out over the time for mates going to birthday paintball games. Thanks for the advice 😃

Hi

Welecome to the forum.

Cheers

G

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

Welcome, where abouts in Devon are you ? There are sites in Exeter and Newton Abbot , or if you are in the North or Mid the site at Torrington is a cracker.

5 hours ago, Nick G said:

Welcome, where abouts in Devon are you ? There are sites in Exeter and Newton Abbot , or if you are in the North or Mid the site at Torrington is a cracker.

Hi, I'm near Exeter so that's probably where I will end up heading I think =). Need to check how often the Exeter sites have walk on days, are they fairly popular?

http://www.bunkerexeter.com/airsoft.html

This is a CQB site in an old cold war bunker.

Not played either of the Exeter sites so cant comment on what they are like. Was going to try Newton Abbot a few weeks ago but the forecast was very wet so didn't go.  I know a few folk who have played at the Bunker and say its fun is you like CQB, will probably try it later in the year when running around an outdoor site starts to lose its appeal Lol

• Supporters

Skirmish Exeter is a big well organised site, games can be a bit samey.  They do 2 games a month on alternating sundays.  Facebook is the place to go for info. 

UCZ Bunker is a similar deal, only once a month on a Friday evening though.  I’ve stopped going as you pay £15 for 7-10pm but the ‘breaks’ in between games last 20 mins every time and the last game always seems to end at about 9:40.  Marshalling can be very hit and miss, have also never seen a working chrono there! 

Crackshots paintball do regular Airsoft games now, ‘crackshots Airsoft exeter’ is the group on Facebook I think.  Only been once, but it was a decent site with a reasonable bunch of players. 

Archived