Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MisterG

Paintball Mask Fan Project

Recommended Posts

So with it about to hit 30 this weekend, I thought the extra ventilation holes and Revision Wipes might not be enough.

 

Adding a couple fans.  I have slimline ones, but they don't extract as air as fast.

 

I have fan goggles and one fan is not enough.

 

Will run off a spare long 7.4 LIPO battery.

 

I'll need to rig up a switch, as it is bloody noisy!

 

DSC_0018.thumb.JPG.229531d1df738e8830d327cf1985600e.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both extract, I drilled extra vent holes in the bottom, so fresh air should be sucked in from the bottom of the mask.

 

Cheers


G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got it up and running will field test it tomorrow.

 

 

DSC_0021[1].JPG

DSC_0020[1].JPG

And no you're not dreaming - wired for Deans 😀

 

Will get a shorter battery when I next order from Hobby King.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With it about to hit 30 I'd be more concerned about a LiPo strapped to the back of my head than misty goggles.

 

Go mesh for the summer bro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, callumbagshaw said:

With it about to hit 30 I'd be more concerned about a LiPo strapped to the back of my head than misty goggles.

 

Go mesh for the summer bro

 

Yeah because who needs safety rated eye pro!?!?!? 💀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, callumbagshaw said:

With it about to hit 30 I'd be more concerned about a LiPo strapped to the back of my head than misty goggles.

 

Go mesh for the summer bro

Funnly I was asked about it at Reforger, but the marshalls didn't stop me using it.  In the end I stopped using it at lunch time, I was dying under the mask.  I went with full seal fan goggles (no LIPO 😉) and mesh lower mask, which was much more comfortable.

 

I probably won't wear it again in that kind of heat, but I'll check if NiMH batteries are safer in the heat as I have a couple of them wired for Dean as well.

 

Cheers

G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/07/2018 at 15:55, MisterG said:

Funnly I was asked about it at Reforger, but the marshalls didn't stop me using it.  In the end I stopped using it at lunch time, I was dying under the mask.  I went with full seal fan goggles (no LIPO 😉) and mesh lower mask, which was much more comfortable.

 

I probably won't wear it again in that kind of heat, but I'll check if NiMH batteries are safer in the heat as I have a couple of them wired for Dean as well.

 

Cheers

G

 

I don't claim to know anything important about batteries except the horror stories/photos of LiPo explosions/fires.

By the looks of what you've done you're far more clued up than I am anyway just thought I'd point out a lipo to the back of the head could have it's drawbacks :)

 

edit - For what it's worth I wear one of these: 

http://www.airsoftmask.it/en.html

 

People will say they're not safe/mesh means bbs can smash and go in your eyes etc.... Fair enough.

 

I point blanked mine with a 500~ FPS VSR and it was fine - it's a personal choice and that's good enough for me! They're immensely comfortable and most importantly for me give you both full face protection and the ability to look down - with my old V2 half face mask I couldn't see my plate carrier so had to get mags in & out by feel alone. Very annoying while someone is plinking a thousand BBs your way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, callumbagshaw said:

 

I point blanked mine with a 500~ FPS VSR and it was fine - it's a personal choice and that's good enough for me! They're immensely comfortable and most importantly for me give you both full face protection and the ability to look down - with my old V2 half face mask I couldn't see my plate carrier so had to get mags in & out by feel alone. Very annoying while someone is plinking a thousand BBs your way. 

 

Until the next time it takes a hit as it will be significantly weakened by that pb shot. Mesh isn't safety rated AT ALL...

 

I don't see the pointing in creating a wind and air system in enclosed eyepro.

 

I'll always prefer glasses to goggles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Duff said:

 

Until the next time it takes a hit as it will be significantly weakened by that pb shot. Mesh isn't safety rated AT ALL...

 

I don't see the pointing in creating a wind and air system in enclosed eyepro.

 

I'll always prefer glasses to goggles.

 

Been wearing it  probably a couple of years now mate, it's seen it's fair share of shots to the face and it's fine.

Like I said it's personal preference.

 

You're probably right in what you're insinuating though - I shouldn't be recommending for anybody else to wear mesh from a safety perspective.

As a "steamer" though - any form of lens just doesn't work for me sadly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Duff said:

I don't see the pointing in creating a wind and air system in enclosed eyepro.

 

I'll always prefer glasses to goggles.

 

For CQB I would never wear glasses and always go full seal eyepro.  That is why I wear a Dye I4 paintball mask; with a fitted fan it provides enough airflow to keep me from steaming up, without it I would fog up.. 

 

On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 21:59, MisterG said:

Will run off a spare long 7.4 LIPO battery.

 

My 9v battery is in a box (on / off switch) attached by Velcro to my Fast helmet.   Not sure that I would want a LiPo battery anywhere near my head but if encased in hard plastic case should not be an issue.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wear my bolles at the Mall all the time. Had a fair few bursts direct to the eyepro within 6 metres and there isn't even a scratch on them.

 

They're rated and therefore instantly safer than mesh. I tried goggles but I sweat so much it's like a rainforest in there.

 

I honestly don't think fan installed goggles would do shit for me but I'd be willing to try them out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

 

For CQB I would never wear glasses and always go full seal eyepro.  That is why I wear a Dye I4 paintball mask; with a fitted fan it provides enough airflow to keep me from steaming up, without it I would fog up..

I got the mask for CQB at the Mall, but I found it gave better all round vision so started wearing it for outdoor skirmishes.

 

42 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

My 9v battery is in a box (on / off switch) attached by Velcro to my Fast helmet.   Not sure that I would want a LiPo battery anywhere near my head but if encased in hard plastic case should not be an issue.

 

I did orginally intend to use a 9v, but had a long LIPO looking for a home, so thought I would give it a try.

 

I might go back to the 9V idea, but this was as much about the experience of building it as well as creating something I could use.

 

I won't likely be wearing it again during the summer, so  I have some time to get it ready for the Mall.

 

Cheers


G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously try the DYEi4 guys, can’t recommend them enough, I fact if you can get one to fog up with a wipe of rainex anti fog I’ll eat my sweat covered hat.

 

Im extremely sweaty, running around Sunday I looked like I had entered a wet t shirt competition, but that mask did not show one iota of fog all day, with one wipe of anti fog in the morning.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does one try without buying hmm?

 

Don't really wanna dump £55 on a mask I'll find too hot. I really do like the Rasta paint scheme but I know how much I sweat and it'd be a greenhouse in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Seriously try the DYEi4 guys, can’t recommend them enough, I fact if you can get one to fog up with a wipe of rainex anti fog I’ll eat my sweat covered hat.

 

Im extremely sweaty, running around Sunday I looked like I had entered a wet t shirt competition, but that mask did not show one iota of fog all day, with one wipe of anti fog in the morning.

 

 

My mask didn't really fog since I started using Revision wipes, but was very humid inside, which is why I tried the fans.

 

I've been eyeing up the tiger stripes one, but in this heat I won't be wearing a paintball mask.

 

Cheers


G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the subject of eye protection. Can anyone recommend a pair that would work with glasses, I know I could wear contacts but I just don't like them. 

 

Thanks in advance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ever thought about the prescription inserts for motox goggles?

 

Screenshot_20180704-180457.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Keldon said:

On the subject of eye protection. Can anyone recommend a pair that would work with glasses, I know I could wear contacts but I just don't like them. 

 

Thanks in advance. 

I can wear glasses under mine, it is a Valken Paintball mask.

 

I've got glasses inserts for goggles, just haven't gotten round to getting lenses fitted.

 

I got cheapo plastic ones off ebay that should fit most goggles,

 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Rx-glasses-Insert-Prescription-Goggles-cycling-motorcycle-Skin-Tools/192583631880?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D49131%26meid%3D7bd72e2f807845d183e5c48f25e16975%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26sd%3D372351250272%26itm%3D192583631880&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

 

And better ones to fit ESS goggles/glasses

 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/British-Army-Issue-ESS-RX-Kit-Prescription-Lens-Carrier-for-ICE-Advancer-V12/323307817900?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

 

Cheers


G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×