Noob looking for advice

Jeepo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all, 

So quick update myself and 3 friends went for our first game last weekend - you have 4 converts. We loved it. 

I am already researching rifles and am mighty tempted by the TM 416 Devgru - maybe get the Eagle6 spring upgrade but otherwise use her stock. My question is about the battery mod to LiPo - will that screw the warranty? Would it be better to just get a adapter instead?

Finally - I just caught this video about Titan batteries - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5918b3VE_9M

It had me wondering if that was something worth considering, and if it would even FIT in the stock rifle?

Cheers lads, appreciate the help so far and can't wait to get my own gear and get some outdoor games in. 

TM 416 Devgru good choice one of the best guns out there.

Welcome! 

Nice choice of AEG, I've never heard of those batteries though the standard for most aegs is to convert them to deans and if they can, use a 7.4v lipo. So long as you get someone competent to do the mod there shouldn't be a problem. 

Thanks guys - yeah I know an AR style platform can be "boring" but I know it well from back in the day so I am OK with it. Unfortunately for me I do not have my UKARA yet. I own real guns but can't own a toy - I despair at my country sometimes! :D So I will miss the sale I spotted on landwarrior which is a bit of a pain in the ass!

• Supporters
30 minutes ago, Jeepo said:

Thanks guys - yeah I know an AR style platform can be "boring" but I know it well from back in the day so I am OK with it. Unfortunately for me I do not have my UKARA yet. I own real guns but can't own a toy - I despair at my country sometimes! :D So I will miss the sale I spotted on landwarrior which is a bit of a pain in the ass!

You could ask somebody to purchase it for you and then just hold it until you get your defense sorted, during which period you can still use it, then buy it off them. They'd have to be a pretty good mate to part with 400-odd quid though! 

Or get two tone and strip the paint at a later date. 

Not sure which product you're looking at. The one on LandWarrior isn't on sale for me and is actually a bit more expensive than it is on other websites. 

• Supporters

TM recoils are cracking guns but have you used one ? If your used to real firearms then you will be disappointed if your expecting realistic recoil , but as long as you don’t expect too much you’ll bloody love them ! 

Never seen those batts before , so had a quick look but not found a uk retailer . Looking at them yes they can run right down with little effect but for the extra cost (they seam expensive) I’m happy with my 9.9v LiFe batteries I’m using .👍

2 hours ago, Gepard said:

You could ask somebody to purchase it for you and then just hold it until you get your defense sorted, during which period you can still use it, then buy it off them. They'd have to be a pretty good mate to part with 400-odd quid though! 

Or get two tone and strip the paint at a later date. 

Not sure which product you're looking at. The one on LandWarrior isn't on sale for me and is actually a bit more expensive than it is on other websites. 

Thanks for the reply - looking at the TM 416 Devgru - they have 10% off and an extra 5% if you hover over the back button on checkout! :D

14 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

TM recoils are cracking guns but have you used one ? If your used to real firearms then you will be disappointed if your expecting realistic recoil , but as long as you don’t expect too much you’ll bloody love them ! 

Never seen those batts before , so had a quick look but not found a uk retailer . Looking at them yes they can run right down with little effect but for the extra cost (they seam expensive) I’m happy with my 9.9v LiFe batteries I’m using .👍

Not used one yet but I really dislike the idea of a plastic rifle - i realise the recoil will never be real, not even GBB can really do that i bet, but some feedback is nice. The rental I used before was fine - G36 - but a little vibration never hurt anyone! :D

2 hours ago, Jeepo said:

Hey all, 

So quick update myself and 3 friends went for our first game last weekend - you have 4 converts. We loved it. 

I am already researching rifles and am mighty tempted by the TM 416 Devgru - maybe get the Eagle6 spring upgrade but otherwise use her stock. My question is about the battery mod to LiPo - will that screw the warranty? Would it be better to just get a adapter instead?

Finally - I just caught this video about Titan batteries - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5918b3VE_9M

It had me wondering if that was something worth considering, and if it would even FIT in the stock rifle?

Cheers lads, appreciate the help so far and can't wait to get my own gear and get some outdoor games in. 

modifying the gun in any way will invalidate the warranty. if you want the gun deansed (i recommend doing so) or any upgrade get it done by the shop you buy the gun from that way the mods have to be covered by a warranty. 

I got the TM 416d recoil very similar. Love the recoil effect and the extra sound near my head when firing. 

Converted to dean's 

Fps mod to bring it up towards Urban assault limit. Upgraded gears to take extra power of the Fps mod. 

Was around 600 all in with four batteries  two sets dual wired plus charger. 

I didn't have the patience to try it before the mods but by all accounts it shoots great without them too.

• Supporters

Apart from changing to a deans , I’d recommend changing nothing else . You don’t need too (why TM EBB’s are the bench mark for all others) some players will say it’s ‘only just’ 300fps but FPS means jackshit for range AND accuracy it’s the hop that deals with that and again the TM is the best , all FPS is going to do is send it a bit quicker but the speeds the bbs are traveling at even a 350 one if you see it you’ll dodge it . Just leave it stock and enjoy ! 

10 hours ago, Markuz said:

I got the TM 416d recoil very similar. Love the recoil effect and the extra sound near my head when firing. 

Converted to dean's 

Fps mod to bring it up towards Urban assault limit. Upgraded gears to take extra power of the Fps mod. 

Was around 600 all in with four batteries  two sets dual wired plus charger. 

I didn't have the patience to try it before the mods but by all accounts it shoots great without them too.

That's a good price - mind sharing where you found that deal?!

1 hour ago, Jeepo said:

That's a good price - mind sharing where you found that deal?!

Hi don't quote me on price it's just approximate but got from fire support. They also did upgrades. Very helpful guys. Really good to ask advice from and they price fairly. After support has been great too. I had a little issue with a connector coming loose and they sorted it quickly. 

Really handy as well because they bring orders to site if you ask them. 

• Supporters

It's a heck of a lot to drop on a RIF after one game, is all I'd say.

I'd urge you to play out your UKARA purgatory with rentals, borrowed, or two-tone guns before committing.

25 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I'd urge you to play out your UKARA purgatory with rentals, borrowed, or two-tone guns before committing.

I have to agree with this you can get a very good sub £100.00 gun from gun fire or Taiwan gun and they will two tone. Once you got your three games flog it or keep as a spare.

Are these Tm recoils really that above other brands that are doing well at the moment? Krytac vector, asg scorpion ect are £100-200 cheaper and owning a one myself I believe are absolute brilliant products, does the Tm really offer that much more?

Archived