Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lukepearn

Skirmish Wycombe Airsoft

Recommended Posts

Skirmish Wycombe is pleased to announce the launch of our new in-house Airsoft events, beginning with our very first walk-on event on Saturday July 7th. Walk-on events will run throughout the month, including a dedicated "young guns" day running on the second Saturday of each month, beginning with one on the 11th of August.

Skirmish will also be offering midweek and weekend private events, alongside midweek young gun walkons during school holidays, and evening games throughout the summer months.

To book on to any of our game dates, please call us on 01494 911411, or visit our website, www.skirmishwycombeairsoft.com to book online, or download our game dates.

You can also check us out on Facebook if you have any questions https://www.facebook.com/skirmishwycombeairsoft/

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I visited the above site on Sunday with my brother. We’ve been on about trying airsoft for a while now and my brother found it via this forum somewhere. 

 

The day was brilliant and we are now both hooked. 

 

The site has really good facilities which I wasn’t expecting. Nice cafe serving everything you could want. The free lunch was nice, would of been nice to have a choice but can see why there isn’t.

 

On arrival was greeted by a very friendly guy, asking us if we’ve ever been, if we was interested in joining and getting the licence. Explaining everything to us in good detail.

 

Was very daunting seeing quite a few regulars with all their gear on and personal guns. Expecting to be treated as outcasts being newbs But on approaching them they all Made us feel very welcome and happily spoke to us about it all.

 

Safety briefing was good and to the point. Going over how to use the guns and how the games would run.

 

We played quite a few different game styles throughout the day on 4 different sites. All layed out well and not what I was expecting at all. Some bits do need doing up. Couple of buildings out of bounds due to falling apart. But found out this company have only just taken over this site and hoping to get it all up and running ASAP. Marshall’s seemed on top of everything and day the ran smoothly. 

 

We hired equipment for the day and was very impressed with the gun, didn’t have any issues or feel disadvantaged.

 

Was nice the marshals kept checking how our day was going and even the regulars asked and helped throughout the day making us feel very welcome. Didn’t think I would be up for attending airsoft alone but after this experience would happily go alone.

 

Overall very impressed with this site and looking to go back ASAP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not too far and easy to get too. Will have to take a trip up soon!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Albiscuit said:

Not too far and easy to get too. Will have to take a trip up soon!!

 

Definately worth a visit for the included lunch alone. ;) Shoot me a PM when you're planning on going, next one is 16th then 30th and every other after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Duff said:

 

Definately worth a visit for the included lunch alone. ;) Shoot me a PM when you're planning on going, next one is 16th then 30th and every other after.

 

Veggy option?

 

Not likely this month as will probably head to Battle lakes or Dorking for my outdoor fix. But possibly October

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Albiscuit said:

 

Veggy option?

 

Not likely this month as will probably head to Battle lakes or Dorking for my outdoor fix. But possibly October

 

Yes as long as you advise when you arrive. They have a proper kitchen with a proper coffee machine and fat syrup coke to boot. Also a decent priced amount of pyro is available. I really can't sing the praises of this sites potential enough. Once repairs get underway on the vandalised buildings (there are only really a few and the old cqb area which is closed) so it won't be long. They're also looking to start doing Saturdays as well as Sundays starting in 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brill, need to start heading in another direction to games and this fits the bill perfectly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, VspookV said:

I visited the above site on Sunday with my brother. We’ve been on about trying airsoft for a while now and my brother found it via this forum somewhere. 

 

The day was brilliant and we are now both hooked. 

 

The site has really good facilities which I wasn’t expecting. Nice cafe serving everything you could want. The free lunch was nice, would of been nice to have a choice but can see why there isn’t.

 

On arrival was greeted by a very friendly guy, asking us if we’ve ever been, if we was interested in joining and getting the licence. Explaining everything to us in good detail.

 

Was very daunting seeing quite a few regulars with all their gear on and personal guns. Expecting to be treated as outcasts being newbs But on approaching them they all Made us feel very welcome and happily spoke to us about it all.

 

Safety briefing was good and to the point. Going over how to use the guns and how the games would run.

 

We played quite a few different game styles throughout the day on 4 different sites. All layed out well and not what I was expecting at all. Some bits do need doing up. Couple of buildings out of bounds due to falling apart. But found out this company have only just taken over this site and hoping to get it all up and running ASAP. Marshall’s seemed on top of everything and day the ran smoothly. 

 

We hired equipment for the day and was very impressed with the gun, didn’t have any issues or feel disadvantaged.

 

Was nice the marshals kept checking how our day was going and even the regulars asked and helped throughout the day making us feel very welcome. Didn’t think I would be up for attending airsoft alone but after this experience would happily go alone.

 

Overall very impressed with this site and looking to go back ASAP.

Was there too with Duff, and a few others from the forum.

 

Glad you enjoyed it.

 

Cheers

 

G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all. I used to be an xsite regular for around 10 years or so.. I fell out of Airsoft for a while and came back a year ago. I went back to xsite and was keen to relive my early Airsoft memories but I was saddened to see that the site has really gone down hill and fallen into disrepair.  That was a little while ago and as I see they have now left the site for to be taken over by skirmish welcome at some point last year.   I don't really want to go back until there has been significant progress made with repairs to the buildings and it's less of a dump. The last time I was at xsite one of players fell through a tower.. scary!!

 

Anyways for those who have played here recently, can I ask what it is like now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is new management hence the name change,unfortunately as a long term player there I watched the decay and disrepair under the previous management,we also stopped playing there for a few months.

They are rebuilding as fast as they can and are concentrating on getting good varied fields up and running before they tackle more complex buildings..towers,etc.Give it a go again in the summer it should be much improved by then,they are open to suggestions and ideas for fields and also day to day game scenarios.

Numbers are slowly building mostly by word of mouth and a lot of old faces are reappearing,encouraging to also see new players everytime we go...see you there...

 

BTW..that tower on stilts has been removed.😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking to visit in the next couple of weeks, will be my third overall skirmish after visiting absolute Airsoft (reading) previously. Interesting to see how they compare as Wycombe is a lot closer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Luigi_s said:

Looking to visit in the next couple of weeks, will be my third overall skirmish after visiting absolute Airsoft (reading) previously. Interesting to see how they compare as Wycombe is a lot closer. 

I think you'll find Wycombe better than Absolute...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...