Sign in to follow this  
lukepearn

Skirmish Wycombe Airsoft

Skirmish Wycombe is pleased to announce the launch of our new in-house Airsoft events, beginning with our very first walk-on event on Saturday July 7th. Walk-on events will run throughout the month, including a dedicated "young guns" day running on the second Saturday of each month, beginning with one on the 11th of August.

Skirmish will also be offering midweek and weekend private events, alongside midweek young gun walkons during school holidays, and evening games throughout the summer months.

To book on to any of our game dates, please call us on 01494 911411, or visit our website, www.skirmishwycombeairsoft.com to book online, or download our game dates.

You can also check us out on Facebook if you have any questions https://www.facebook.com/skirmishwycombeairsoft/

I visited the above site on Sunday with my brother. We’ve been on about trying airsoft for a while now and my brother found it via this forum somewhere. 

The day was brilliant and we are now both hooked. 

The site has really good facilities which I wasn’t expecting. Nice cafe serving everything you could want. The free lunch was nice, would of been nice to have a choice but can see why there isn’t.

On arrival was greeted by a very friendly guy, asking us if we’ve ever been, if we was interested in joining and getting the licence. Explaining everything to us in good detail.

Was very daunting seeing quite a few regulars with all their gear on and personal guns. Expecting to be treated as outcasts being newbs But on approaching them they all Made us feel very welcome and happily spoke to us about it all.

Safety briefing was good and to the point. Going over how to use the guns and how the games would run.

We played quite a few different game styles throughout the day on 4 different sites. All layed out well and not what I was expecting at all. Some bits do need doing up. Couple of buildings out of bounds due to falling apart. But found out this company have only just taken over this site and hoping to get it all up and running ASAP. Marshall’s seemed on top of everything and day the ran smoothly. 

We hired equipment for the day and was very impressed with the gun, didn’t have any issues or feel disadvantaged.

Was nice the marshals kept checking how our day was going and even the regulars asked and helped throughout the day making us feel very welcome. Didn’t think I would be up for attending airsoft alone but after this experience would happily go alone.

Overall very impressed with this site and looking to go back ASAP.

Glad you had fun, it's a great site with so much potential. Sunday was a good day, lower numbers but that makes for interesting games, especially with limited respawns. Numbers will get better over time, we plan on going back on the 30th of this month.

Hope to see you there again.

Not too far and easy to get too. Will have to take a trip up soon!!

1 minute ago, Albiscuit said:

Not too far and easy to get too. Will have to take a trip up soon!!

Definately worth a visit for the included lunch alone. ;) Shoot me a PM when you're planning on going, next one is 16th then 30th and every other after.

3 minutes ago, Duff said:

Definately worth a visit for the included lunch alone. ;) Shoot me a PM when you're planning on going, next one is 16th then 30th and every other after.

Veggy option?

Not likely this month as will probably head to Battle lakes or Dorking for my outdoor fix. But possibly October

Just now, Albiscuit said:

Veggy option?

Not likely this month as will probably head to Battle lakes or Dorking for my outdoor fix. But possibly October

Yes as long as you advise when you arrive. They have a proper kitchen with a proper coffee machine and fat syrup coke to boot. Also a decent priced amount of pyro is available. I really can't sing the praises of this sites potential enough. Once repairs get underway on the vandalised buildings (there are only really a few and the old cqb area which is closed) so it won't be long. They're also looking to start doing Saturdays as well as Sundays starting in 2019.

Brill, need to start heading in another direction to games and this fits the bill perfectly!

1 minute ago, Albiscuit said:

Brill, need to start heading in another direction to games and this fits the bill perfectly!

Great to hear sir, I am sure you won't be disappointed. The Vietcong village where we play Plant the Bomb has a ridge and it's a bloody fucker to assault and great fun to defend. We're at Gunman Eversley on the 16th but I will be there on the 30th with @E21A and a few more no doubt. We usually do the middle of the month weekend too so I think that falls on around the 14th Oct.

Hope to see you there.

21 hours ago, VspookV said:

I visited the above site on Sunday with my brother. We’ve been on about trying airsoft for a while now and my brother found it via this forum somewhere. 

The day was brilliant and we are now both hooked. 

The site has really good facilities which I wasn’t expecting. Nice cafe serving everything you could want. The free lunch was nice, would of been nice to have a choice but can see why there isn’t.

On arrival was greeted by a very friendly guy, asking us if we’ve ever been, if we was interested in joining and getting the licence. Explaining everything to us in good detail.

Was very daunting seeing quite a few regulars with all their gear on and personal guns. Expecting to be treated as outcasts being newbs But on approaching them they all Made us feel very welcome and happily spoke to us about it all.

Safety briefing was good and to the point. Going over how to use the guns and how the games would run.

We played quite a few different game styles throughout the day on 4 different sites. All layed out well and not what I was expecting at all. Some bits do need doing up. Couple of buildings out of bounds due to falling apart. But found out this company have only just taken over this site and hoping to get it all up and running ASAP. Marshall’s seemed on top of everything and day the ran smoothly. 

We hired equipment for the day and was very impressed with the gun, didn’t have any issues or feel disadvantaged.

Was nice the marshals kept checking how our day was going and even the regulars asked and helped throughout the day making us feel very welcome. Didn’t think I would be up for attending airsoft alone but after this experience would happily go alone.

Overall very impressed with this site and looking to go back ASAP.

Was there too with Duff, and a few others from the forum.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Cheers

G