A cautionary tale......

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

48 minutes ago, Duff said:

Ahahahaha.... ahhh, good girl. I would've been happy to be teamkilled like that.

They all took it well to be fair. We were having a laugh before about the stuck pin, so it was no real surprise to anyone I'm sure 😆

I tried using .209's but the adaptor for my bfg is not quite right, so around 70% of tries the ping doesn't strike the blank strong enough for it to go off. 

The 9mm adapter works all the time. 

3 minutes ago, Arwen said:

They all took it well to be fair. We were having a laugh before about the stuck pin, so it was no real surprise to anyone I'm sure 😆

I tried using .209's but the adaptor for my bfg is not quite right, so around 70% of tries the ping doesn't strike the blank strong enough for it to go off. 

The 9mm adapter works all the time. 

Pretty sure theres an OOPS moment like this every week at the Mall.. Standard practise for someone to log a nade (solid or paper) and it hit a door frame or bounce back in etc.

I once lobbed a smoke which bounced off a tree and landed behind me!!

2 hours ago, Tackle said:

Nah that's the redoubt, used that a lot myself back when I was "in", but enjoyed it more when I got the chance to airsoft there 'bout 8yrs ago.

serial 20 is the walled village in the middle of Hythe ranges, bout 20 small houses etc there can be used, there a much bigger walled village on lydd ranges, serial 40, plus rype village in lydd camp, superb to play there.

Ahh yes I am familiar with that too. 

We only use that for MTA and Active Shooter stuff though.

The house and fort we uae a fair bit for building searches.

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Pretty sure theres an OOPS moment like this every week at the Mall.. Standard practise for someone to log a nade (solid or paper) and it hit a door frame or bounce back in etc.

I once lobbed a smoke which bounced off a tree and landed behind me!!

@Markuz held one of the 'tame' ones at Urban Assault (not allowed to use anything louder than a gnats fart there due to residents close by)....hadnt realised it had been struck, went off in his hand :lol:

• Supporters

Treated my self to one of the Dye i4’s (well it was half price so rude not too ?) used it for the first time on Sunday but I had to bin it after first game and go back to my Wiley X and mesh mask as I was sweating like a pig in a synagogue with it on , my head felt like it was cooking ! . But positive from a negative even with the sweat literally running down my face lense didn’t fog at all , so that’s a big plus for it .👍

I think I'll put the fans on mine for this weekend, been meaning to do it for a couple months now.

Hopefully will provide some relief.

Anyone got ideas on the best place for a I4? 

Didnt realise they were soo dear... 

• Supporters
41 minutes ago, Sacarathe said:

9mm blanks are nasty, .209's are acceptable to me. My TRMR takes both but I never used 9mm in it.

Tbh when I got my dynatec, bout 15yrs ago, only remember 9 & 12 being the options available to me, dont remember .209 being an available option ???

Back then I was doing minimum of 2 games a month with my team, sometimes weekly in summer, but last few years have been way quieter for me & then its usually woodland sites, so not seen much grenade use, most peeps are loathe to chuck £60+ grenades around the woods, so I'm prob out of touch with whos using what these days.

Do like the look of the tmr's though, piss easy to load etc, just had a shit diagnosis & I'm questioning whether continuing to play is feasible, next few games will be the test, all being well i'll be shopping for new kit, pyro is high on my list.

(me & a mate used to buy 100 mk5's at a time from spectrum, happy days 💥)

5 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Tbh when I got my dynatec, bout 15yrs ago, only remember 9 & 12 being the options available to me, dont remember .209 being an available option ???

Back then I was doing minimum of 2 games a month with my team, sometimes weekly in summer, but last few years have been way quieter for me & then its usually woodland sites, so not seen much grenade use, most peeps are loathe to chuck £60+ grenades around the woods, so I'm prob out of touch with whos using what these days.

Do like the look of the tmr's though, piss easy to load etc, just had a shit diagnosis & I'm questioning whether continuing to play is feasible, next few games will be the test, all being well i'll be shopping for new kit, pyro is high on my list.

(me & a mate used to buy 100 mk5's at a time from spectrum, happy days 💥)

If I had not been in student halls I would have bulk bought pyro too.

50 minutes ago, djben9 said:

@Markuz held one of the 'tame' ones at Urban Assault (not allowed to use anything louder than a gnats fart there due to residents close by)....hadnt realised it had been struck, went off in his hand :lol:

I should be sponsored by mechanix gloves. They did a great job burnt the fabric between fingers but not a scratch on my skin. Got mother in law to sow some old sock fabric in between to fix them. Lol

• Supporters
31 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Anyone got ideas on the best place for a I4? 

Didnt realise they were soo dear... 

https://www.bzpaintball.co.uk/paintball-goggles?cat=58

• Supporters

AND yet another happy customer from BZsplurgeball 👍

• Moderators

Had a look at them but wear locusts fan goggles and half mesh mask but wouldn’t say no at some point 

can you wear them well with fast helmets, boonie hats etc

any particular one to look at or avoid?

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, djben9 said:

can you wear them well with fast helmets, boonie hats etc

Haven’t tried mine with a boonie , but I did manage to mount it on my fast helmet .

Couple of pieces of adhesive Velcro inside the helmet , removed the headband from the mask , cut 4 of the ventilation fins at the front then threaded three pieces of Velcro through vent at the front and two slots on either side , then attached it to the strips inside and it holds nice and firm ! Job done . 👍

Archived