JG080 DMR - Semi / Auto Locking Switch

Duff
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

080(04).JPG

So preparing myself for things and information I will need when I make a purchase end of this week.

I will at some point want to lock the JG080 to semi as I intend to use it as a DMR. Most sites require 350fps on .2's to qualify as a DMR so ideally I'd like some form of base plate switch that can be removed ewasily if need be. Literally a switch blocker to stop it being pushed to FA. I don't want to touch the internals to lock out FA just yet as I may not keep it as a DMR.

As an aside, I understand it the JG080 is about 360fps out of the box, what can I do to lose the 10fps?

Many thanks in advance chums!

There is a similar thread, with different recommendations.  Would probabably go with the washer idea as it is reversible and you can fine tune it depending on the thickness of the washer.

Though as the FPS question for DMRs has been addressed, so you may not need to touch it, if you put the DMR lock on initially.

Cheers

G

I think you can also get a free downgrade from some suppliers, might also be worth looking into.  I've not bought a new gun, but once you open it up would imagine could be warranty issues if it developed a problem down the line.

Cheers

G

7 minutes ago, MisterG said:

I think you can also get a free downgrade from some suppliers, might also be worth looking into.  I've not bought a new gun, but once you open it up would imagine could be warranty issues if it developed a problem down the line.

Cheers

G

Why do I get the feeling TaiwanGun wouldn't offer this? :D

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/free-downgrade.html

I was sure I had seen it there too

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Duff said:

I will at some point want to lock the JG080 to semi as I intend to use it as a DMR. Most sites require 350fps on .2's to qualify as a DMR so ideally I'd like some form of base plate switch that can be removed ewasily if need be. Literally a switch blocker to stop it being pushed to FA. I don't want to touch the internals to lock out FA just yet as I may not keep it as a DMR.

to lock it to semi, my DMR had a piece of plastic stuck on the inside so the switch wouldn't go past to FA, recently this fell off though, but a small groove has been machined in and another stop stuck in place which is a lot better and stronger

the not so nice idea is to use a screw, but you'll see it and it could look 'not nice'

but you need something the site is happy with so it cant be taken off easily and used on FA!. Honestly wont work....i tried that the day it happened and i know the guys really well:lol:

• Supporters

I'd ask your site before doing anything.  However, my choice (and I am DMR curious if my local site re-opens) would be an external screw in case it locks up and needs a quick auto burst to clear it.  I don't want to be disassembling the gun in the field to do that.

If I had to do a more permanent fix, I reckon I'd go with modifying the selector plate as described here:

But then I'd also want to cut a little hole or slot in the receiver so that I could get a small screwdriver or similar in and manually move the lever to allow an auto burst if necessary.

6 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I'd ask your site before doing anything.  However, my choice (and I am DMR curious if my local site re-opens) would be an external screw in case it locks up and needs a quick auto burst to clear it.  I don't want to be disassembling the gun in the field to do that.

I like the idea of a screw that can be removed and reinstalled without any hassle. I'll have to wait and see if the design will allow it. If so then I may go this route.

That said I may just have it neutered to 340 fps so I can use it at the Mall occasionally. Not sure yet.

• Moderators

i had some kinda mosfet fitted, apparently all i need to do is remove it and plug battery in directly and it should clear.......hopefully.......so far ive not needed to :)

really should have remembered what they told me now! haha

Well it's over AEG fps levels for Absolute by 10fps. So either I get it lowered and use as is or lock it to semi. Then I have a DMR with only 360fps lol and if I want to use it at the Mall ever it has to be 340 flat. 

But I guess fps doesn't matter if the range is there?

All good stuff here.  I'm thinking of making a DMR down the line.

Would be interested in how various sites police it being locked.

Cheers

G

1 minute ago, Duff said:

Well it's over AEG fps levels for Absolute by 10fps. So either I get it lowered and use as is or lock it to semi. Then I have a DMR with only 360fps lol and if I want to use it at the Mall ever it has to be 340 flat. 

But I guess fps doesn't matter if the range is there?

V3 gearbox, so hopefully easy to change the spring.

5 minutes ago, MisterG said:

All good stuff here.  I'm thinking of making a DMR down the line.

Would be interested in how various sites police it being locked.

Cheers

G

You just have to demonstrate that it physically cannot be switched at chrono. I stood behind a dude at chrono last time we were there.

• Moderators

indeed, i did the same at my last game which is where i found out the stop had come loose.......395 on FA!!

was in the Techs hand before you could say 'thats over the limit'

Archived