Opinions on TM 416 Delta

Eenthuncob
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

Right I'm thinking of getting a TM 416 Delta to replace my Krytac SPR, I've seen and read reviews on how good the Delta is but has anyone on here got one?

If so what are they like as I've never handled one and don't live near a shop to have a fiddle with one either.

Thanks.

• Head Moderator

I have one, my first airsoft gun, and I rate them highly. Good to go straight out of the box, but would recommend getting it wired for Deans connection and using 7.4 LiPo battery.  I mainly stick to using 0.25g Blaster BBs for CQB and 0.28g outside.

There are several topics about it if you have a search.

I have one that’s getting toyed with. Standard, out of the box it’s a good, high quality replica with above average range and accuracy. Upgraded, it becomes a whole different beast. I can’t wait to get my All singing and dancing one back. 

I've only seen/held/had a shot of ones that have been fettled with.  They are pretty much faultless in my eyes. If money was no object I'd have one. 

Don’t buy one that’s been “upgraded” 95% of people have no idea what they’re doing. 

• Supporters

Yet again what wo1f said ! Me personally I wouldn’t go near an up-graded second hand one no matter who’s done it , as A the seller may be a God with AEGs but an utter mong with recoils and if it’s done by one of the ‘rated’ Techs sellers seem to think it’s given the gun some Godly powers and warrant a price to match ! You’ve spent £800 up-grading it with XYZ ? Congratulations to you but I’m NOT reimbursingyou for it !  

I’ve currently got 6 TM recoils nearly all are untouched bar deans on all , and one has a stronger spring that’s all and there ages all vary between 10yr old and less than a year and all work fine ! . 

• Supporters

I'll repeat what everyone else has said. Buy one, have some deans connectors put on it, and enjoy. Don't mess around with it unless something goes, but they're reliable so you shouldn't have any issues. I almost solely buy TM recoils these days when it comes to AEGs

Take note of what Wo1f said too, don't trust second hand upgraded ones, you could get something great, or you could get a nice paper weight.

OK well I have seen that upgraded TMs can be more trouble then they are worth so i'll stay away from secondhand upgraded ones.

I'll put my SPR up for sale and see how much i get for it then off to try and find a 416 in stock somewhere.

Thanks everyone.

Don’t let that put you off upgrading them yourself. Just don’t send it to a regular ‘tech’. I’d only send my guns to SixG, but if you don’t mind waiting half a year there’s also kingdom of airsoft. 

Upgraded ones are the absolute pinnacle of AEG performance in my eyes, but they have to be done properly. 

Second hand ones are fine as long as they haven’t been mauled with by an idiot. There’s so many places doing finance now, nearly anyone can buy one off they really wanted to

Great gun, love it.  Just posted about it in a reply to a similar thread.  Enjoy it when you get it. Impossible not to really. 

On 29/06/2018 at 10:41, Cleaners inc said:

What’s the best place price wise to purchase one from? Any decent deals going on anywhere atm?

Camoraid are usually pretty good stock wise, can't comment if they have the best price or not. I hear a few of the shipments get intercepted for "copyright infringement" so IMO best to get one whilst you can rather than wait for a slightly better price point. 

Hi,

The airsoft shop in Hull " Airsoft Direct " do some of the best deals around on TM guns. Drop them a line ;) As for the gun... Apart from changing to deans leave it as it is . ;)

Are these Tm recoils really that above other brands that are doing well at the moment? Krytac vector, asg scorpion ect are £100-200 cheaper and owning a one myself I believe are absolute brilliant products, does the Tm range really offer that much more? Is the 416 the best or are all Tm recoils basically the same with different externals?

• Supporters

Depends on what you mean as above really. They're high end AEGs and so the performance is similar to that of other upper end electric guns- though of course the FPS is generally around 290ish due to Japanese laws.

What you do get is the recoil and bolt lock that most other guns don't have. It's not that the others aren't necessarily as good per se, but you pay for the extra features and of course the r&d that went into them etc.

Yes they're all pretty close internally, just different gearbox shapes to fit different guns and stuff but they're all pretty much the same.

Personally I love them, I bought my first 6 years or so ago and recently picked up a 4th, other AEGs feel boring in comparison to me so I'd struggle to go back to something without the recoil these days. 

• Supporters

I have 6 (have had 11 in total) there all excellent out of the box , just some ‘feel’ better than others .

i love the 416D but my personal favorite is my Socom, I did have a Scar L but it just never really grabbed me , performance was great just the gun was a bit meh . Also got a G36 and a 74su , neither have the mag lock (though the new gen3 AK does) but there still both able to put one hell of a smile on my face !

big thing with ALL the TM recoils is the range due to the hop , you’ll hear loads banging on “oh there low FPS !” So ? FPS has F’all to do with range and accuracy , it’s all about the hop (and TM are thought by many to have the best) now I can only speak from personal experience , I’m sure there’s players who’d disagree with me but in 18yrs I’ve never come across an ‘out of the box’ stock gun high or low end gun that could out perform them . 👍

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Cleaners inc said:

Are these Tm recoils really that above other brands that are doing well at the moment? Krytac vector, asg scorpion ect are £100-200 cheaper and owning a one myself I believe are absolute brilliant products, does the Tm range really offer that much more? Is the 416 the best or are all Tm recoils basically the same with different externals?

Just a thought seeing as you're in the Portsmouth area if you get the chance try popping down to the combat south shop- they've normally got the full range in there so you could have a look and play

29 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

I have 6 (have had 11 in total) there all excellent out of the box , just some ‘feel’ better than others .

i love the 416D but my personal favorite is my Socom, I did have a Scar L but it just never really grabbed me , performance was great just the gun was a bit meh . Also got a G36 and a 74su , neither have the mag lock (though the new gen3 AK does) but there still both able to put one hell of a smile on my face !

big thing with ALL the TM recoils is the range due to the hop , you’ll hear loads banging on “oh there low FPS !” So ? FPS has F’all to do with range and accuracy , it’s all about the hop (and TM are thought by many to have the best) now I can only speak from personal experience , I’m sure there’s players who’d disagree with me but in 18yrs I’ve never come across an ‘out of the box’ stock gun high or low end gun that could out perform them . 👍

What kind of effective range do you get with one?

Cheers

G

• Supporters
1 hour ago, MisterG said:

What kind of effective range do you get with one?

Cheers

G

Can’t really give a definite set in stone effective range (to be honest I’ve never really checked it) but I’d think depending on conditions it’ll be any thing between 25-35mtrs that I can say yes I will hit who I’m firing at . I run .25’s in all my AEGs . 

I’m defo considering one instead of the BET evo or Kriss vector at the moment.

looking online there are a lot of variations of the Tm 416, what’s the main differences as prices are quite varied and do they all perform the same?

Archived