A salutary warning .

Druid799
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Picture posted on the OBA Facebook group ;

7E6B2F06-5B44-4E1A-8A71-98F12AD45982.jpeg

This boys and girls is why you don’t leave pressurised vessels in cars on hot sunny days .

this has been a public information presentation on behalf of

the Dept for What The F**k , you really are a twat ! 

15 minutes ago, Arwen said:

Ouch!! 

No expoloding cans at my game day today. Just way to much flesh on show for my liking.... 😕 

Something to aim for ;) 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Arwen said:

Ouch!! 

No expoloding cans at my game day today. Just way to much flesh on show for my liking.... 😕 

Too many players dressing for the weather and NOT there size ? 😖

• Supporters

Saw a post about a guy leaving some gas canisters in an ammo box the other week and they exploded in the heat. 

Blew up the ammo box like.. well.. a gas canister exploding inside it. :lol: Luckily it took all of the force and no harm done.

15 minutes ago, Gepard said:

Saw a post about a guy leaving some gas canisters in an ammo box the other week and they exploded in the heat. 

Blew up the ammo box like.. well.. a gas canister exploding inside it. :lol: Luckily it took all of the force and no harm done.

I saw that also. 

I always leave mine in my bag under the shade... It's gas Jesus Christ what do people expect? 

Rob

• Moderators

so far ive not had a hot day where ive left mine in the car, but usually i take them into the game any way in a rucksack and leave under tree / shaded area...

curious, where do people store them at home?

I just leave them in my airsoft rucksack in the spare room. It doesn't get direct sunlight so doubt it will get nearly so hot as to explode

I just keep mine in a spare room. I run propane though so the bottles are much thicker than green gas. 

• Moderators

i just put all my stuff in the loft, but ive only been using a pistol for 11months, and gas has been in a rucksack in loft since when stored....

might have to find somewhere away from children.....and wife so i dont get moaned at!  :lol::lol:

• Supporters
2 hours ago, djben9 said:

i just put all my stuff in the loft, but ive only been using a pistol for 11months, and gas has been in a rucksack in loft since when stored....

might have to find somewhere away from children.....and wife so i dont get moaned at!  :lol::lol:

You do need to be carful with pressurised vessels if you store them in the lost as it can get VERY hot up there , was getting my gear sorted on Sat for yesterday’s game , when I got some stuff from the attic it was ridiculous hot up there so I decided to check the temp , spare room was 23c , the attic was 35c ! 

Im the same as most though I keep mine in a kit bag in the ‘junk’ room as well .

• Moderators

dont worry i have since removed and placed under stairs!

18 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

You do need to be carful with pressurised vessels if you store them in the lost as it can get VERY hot up there , was getting my gear sorted on Sat for yesterday’s game , when I got some stuff from the attic it was ridiculous hot up there so I decided to check the temp , spare room was 23c , the attic was 35c ! 

Im the same as most though I keep mine in a kit bag in the ‘junk’ room as well .

just checked the temp, downstairs was '26', loft with same tool, hitting 30....although feels warmer up there!

• Moderators

final temp, after hour left in loft....it was at 37deg!!!

just realised though i still have camping gas up there since 2006 i forgot was there! :rolleyes:

• Moderators

small cans,, not the big ones!....been up there that long, they are fine :)

Archived