Good day, but totally crap as well..... I need a new gun, or two.

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I couldn’t say one way or another.

You could nick the bucking putting it on the barrel, it’s so easy to do.

The bucking nick shouldn’t really effect FPS, unless it’s torn, but it would effect the range and accuracy.

Change 1 thing at a time, and test. See if you can find exactly where the cause is. 

Took the MWS to bits again yesterday. 
Fitted the new modify tan bucking and stuck it all back together.
It's now firing at 1.31J / 266fps on 0.4s (375/.2) . Haven't been able to test for range or accuracy yet, but I remain hopeful!

Took the sniper to bits as well - cut a bit off the tab on the hop rubber so it fit better in the chamber, then put it all back together and redid the ptfe tape.
That's now firing at 1.96J / 325fps on .4s (457/.2).
I'm quite hopeful for this too! Fingers are very crossed.
I'm heading for the Proving Grounds for a couple of hours on Sunday, so I'll get to see about range and accuracy then.

I think I'm just going to have to give up with the sniper.
It's frustrating the hell out of me.
After taking it to bits and sorting it all out, it's still got crap range

Took it to the Proving Grounds today and it was easily outranged by AEGs. Fuck that for a game of soldiers.
So I moved on to the MWS.
Nope - too frigging hot! 1.79J and 310fps - needed to be 269fps or under 😞

Haven't fitted the NPAS yet, so back into the case it went.
Next up was the vector with a solid 330fps, with only a 3fps deviation - not bad!
The only issue with that as a primary was only having 90 rounds in the one mag I have...
It was great fun to use! For some reason the two round burst is a three round burst and using full auto result in no ammo (but kills!) very quickly. Took some getting used to, but I actually like it a lot.
I would like to upgrade it, so I could get more range out of it.
But I won't.
Cos I'd just fuck it up and then it'd live in the box like the others do 😞 
I'm quite looking forward to trying it in CQB.
3 mags are on their way, so I'm hoping that they'll be here before I go out to play next time..
(And possibly a drum mag from somewhere?) 😄 

4 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

And possibly a drum mag from somewhere?) 😄

😎😎😎

I don’t want to ever attend the sites you play at with their weird joule crap. 

But weird joule crap is actually a better indication of 'hot' guns than FPS due to joule creep.  All sites should use joules but they don't I guess cos the majority of airsofters don't understand it and they probably don't get it themselves.

That limits almost all sites to low B.B. weight then. For cqb if you must then fine, but I don’t want to be using lousy .25’s on a large outdoor field. I have a 20m minimum engagement distance firing at 390 FPS. I guarantee you that me shooting you once with mine at 20m will hurt less than you spamming me at a few feet 

4 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

That limits almost all sites to low B.B. weight then. For cqb if you must then fine, but I don’t want to be using lousy .25’s on a large outdoor field. I have a 20m minimum engagement distance firing at 390 FPS. I guarantee you that me shooting you once with mine at 20m will hurt less than you spamming me at a few feet 

What are you talking about? Why you want to hurt people.

http://www.airsoftmaster.com/fps-chart-for-airsoft-guns/

8 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Sorry dude you got me really confused with what you are trying to say here.  The point of using Joules is that if you have say a 1J limit (for arguments sake) then it doesnt matter what BBs weight you use as long as you comply with the limit all BBs will hit with the same force making things safer.  As opposed to currently where I could fire a .2 at 400FPS with a GBBR and get say 1.5j and fire a .25 out of the same gun and get say 1.75 - joule creep.

Yeah, I know that. At all of the sites I play at they chrono on a .20. 350 FPS, 400 for a DMR and 500 for a sniper. Both of which with a 20m med

now my gun fires 390 on a .20 which makes it perfectly legal to play. If I went off joules .2 at 400 is about 1.5 joules? Then the second I put a heavier BB in it then becomes over and unusable, which is a stupid rule considering anyone running a DMR will be using heavy BB’s. You’d have to be running 350 on a .2 like everyone else and just run heavier ammo to hit the 1.5J.

its easy to swap a bb mid game, where as if everyone chrono’s on a .2 at the very beginning, that’s the end of it. 

The joule creep thing is cool with me for indoor play but ridiculous for outdoor play.

For the record @sonofsammo unless your opponents have put hours in or had decent tech work done then at 1J / 328 FPS most guns range like;

AEG 35-40M

GBB/R 40-55M

Thing is it's actually really hard to stay alive and make hits, that's why professionals train at it 24/7 in "real life".

Likewise making the most of your RIF or situation makes a huge difference.

Youve got some good kit there, I'm forever blaming my gun but its normally skills that are at fault or just impossible odds!

I find in most instances that i get taken out are from lack of fire power to suppress or blast through fauna, i.e. Opponents that hose statistically have more chance of landing a hit.

But I think that gameplay is crap, I much prefer an honest aimed shot etc!

1 minute ago, Davegolf said:

For the record @sonofsammo unless your opponents have put hours in or had decent tech work done then at 1J / 328 FPS most guns range like;

AEG 35-40M

GBB/R 40-55M

Well, I can't comment on how much they spent on their guns, but they could shoot me before I could shoot them with my sniper.

I didn't have that problem with the vector or ARP... (Or mk23 forvthat matter!)...

10 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Yeah, I know that. At all of the sites I play at they chrono on a .20. 350 FPS, 400 for a DMR and 500 for a sniper. Both of which with a 20m med

now my gun fires 390 on a .20 which makes it perfectly legal to play. If I went off joules .2 at 400 is about 1.5 joules? Then the second I put a heavier BB in it then becomes over and unusable, which is a stupid rule considering anyone running a DMR will be using heavy BB’s. You’d have to be running 350 on a .2 like everyone else and just run heavier ammo to hit the 1.5J.

its easy to swap a bb mid game, where as if everyone chrono’s on a .2 at the very beginning, that’s the end of it. 

ahh got you.  Well, in that case you change the joule limit for those weapons.

Archived