New to the forum and Airsoft

Lokai
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Afternoon all.

Decided to join up to the forum today after spending the last few weeks reading up on all things Airsoft. Going to my first game tomorrow evening at the Leeds Killhouse which is nice and local for me, hopefully it can become a weekly occurrence  with some occasional day skirmishes, I like the look of the sandpit.

Despite all the warnings/suggestions I have already bought a two tone rifle and pistol amongst other things that I've been using in my back garden (suitably enclosed and safe, also spoke to the neighbors). I have a feeling Airsoft may take all my money !!

Looking forward to meeting the criteria to get my UKARA licence so I can go no two tone...... Got my eye on a scorpion Evo.....

(I kid, i kid, I know it's not a licence, but a defence to own a RIF).

Looking forward to my first game tomorrow and posting more.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

Yes it will.

Nothing wrong with two tone despite what everyone says, it still does the same thing. 

Kill house is one of the best up north so I've heard so I'm sure you will enjoy it

Cheers chaps. Due to the heat I'm planning on wearing a short sleeved t-shirt tomorrow, hope i don't come to regret that :D

Welcome, and have fun 😀 . I played today outdoors in a mix of woodland and farm land. Blistering in the sun, but played fully covered cos the horse flies were HUGE !! did get a bit hot but didn't get bitten . Took some good hits  and some of those were guys using 2 tone , makes no difference at the end of the day , a good shot is a good shot.

Welcome! 

For CBQ I'd always wear long sleeves. Even just a thin base layer shirt. Purely as it seems to stop bb's braking the skin quite so easily! 

Thanks 😀 I don't actually own (oddly) any long sleeve t-shirts, plenty of hoodies though, might be the more sensible option.

Hi

Welcome to the forum.

With a hoody you may fry, mean to be 30 degrees next weekend!

Cheers

G

21 minutes ago, Lokai said:

Thanks 😀 I don't actually own (oddly) any long sleeve t-shirts, plenty of hoodies though, might be the more sensible option.

Something like this would be more than adequate for the heat just now . Possibly even too warm! But the thinner layers tend to be expensive.  

Endurance Mens Long Sleeved Top

• Supporters
15 hours ago, Lokai said:

I'm planning on wearing a short sleeved t-shirt tomorrow, hope i don't come to regret that

It lets the hero juice flow better.

kXUbWJm.png

But really, that looks a lot worse than it feels. It only stings for a second and they heal up quickly enough.  I'd rather be bloody than sweaty; tears are optional either way.

😳

Still at least I won't have to worry about not feeling my shots !! 😁

1 minute ago, Lokai said:

😳

Everyone feels them, not everyone calls them mate. ;)

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, Lokai said:

😳

I present that as an example of the very worst that you're likely to get.  That was on bare skin from a ~350fps AEG at about 3' range in a CQB site.  Obviously he had to put three shots into me in case he missed... ;)

There's a momentary sting, but that's it. A few seconds of ouchie owchie and it's all forgotten.  It's just the very top layer of skin that's broken, there's no penetration.

You can get balls deep in your face though, so don't skimp on face protection.

I've been hit on the eyebrow which drew blood.

Stung at first but only realised how bad it was when someone looked at me and said "Wow, does that hurt?"

I'd thought the drip of blood was sweat so wiped it all over my face :D

Lol, can't wait for tonight 😂

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, EDcase said:

I've been hit on the eyebrow which drew blood.

Stung at first but only realised how bad it was when someone looked at me and said "Wow, does that hurt?"

I'd thought the drip of blood was sweat so wiped it all over my face :D

ive been hit between goggle and mask below left eye (work game so idiots shoot at head anyway) and between goggle and mask on top of nose....both times drew blood but nothing more than a normal hit pain wise, infact , i  think less

23 hours ago, Lokai said:

Cheers chaps. Due to the heat I'm planning on wearing a short sleeved t-shirt tomorrow, hope i don't come to regret that :D

Its what i wear at the moment along with jeans. Youll be fine but do expect to have some bruises haha!

Welcome to the forum fellow new guy. 

Wear a hat. Pingers to the forehead can be quite painful and make you look like John Merrick. 

And welcome. 

Cheers for the welcomes 😁

I was planning on the following face/eye pro -

IMG_20180625_172231.jpg

Might cook though with that snood 

9 minutes ago, Duff said:

You'll want that snood up over the mesh too. 😉

Lol to speed up the passing out process 😋

Just now, Lokai said:

Lol to speed up the passing out process 😋

Nah it looks more gangsta! 😎

27 minutes ago, Lokai said:

Cheers for the welcomes 😁

I was planning on the following face/eye pro -

IMG_20180625_172231.jpg

Might cook though with that snood 

Amazon £23. Very good quality and price. 

IMG_20180522_192117_419.jpg

Well that was all kinds of awesome !!! Harder than I thought and quite painful at times (but only for a few seconds)! Ended up borrowing a mesh full face fencing style thing.

When can I go again ??? 😋

Archived