TM P226 E2 Magazine Problem

Billbo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys I am after a bit of advice please.

I have a TM P226 E2 with 3 magazines, brand new and stock.

Each magazine can hold 25 BBs but I can't seem to get enough gas in the magazines to to fire all the BBs (0.25s).

I am using Abbey Red Predator Gas.

I have looked into this a bit already and this is my routine:

1) I first vent the mags, clearing them out of any air pockets by firing gas through the mag with the valve release held down. Mag is held pointing perfectly downwards in line with the valve entry and the gas canister above it vertically (so gas discharges straight out the top of the mag which is pointing towards the floor).

2) I then fill the mags, again with the mag pointing perfectly downwards and the gas canister perfectly in line with the valve.

3) After a some seconds of filling the mag starts to spit gas at the gas entry valve, which I understand means it is full?

4) I fire the mags and get maybe 10 shots if I am lucky.

I have tried over filling the mags for a bit whilst wearing gloves so I can handle the freezing spit but I still get maybe 10 shots.

I have put gas loaded mags in a bowl of water and none of them are leaking.

I have read a bit about O rings being something I need to fit?

If anyone can give me some pointers because I am at my wits ends with these things!

New O rings with a tweny bit of lube on it should narrow it down to whether it is or not. In my experience, short may it be I had an old Co2 mag that would leak for a short time after inserting the bulb. A new O ring fixed it. It was the original mag that came with it and hadn't had much pressure on the valve so the O ring degraded. 

Hope this helps. As above, an actual expert is on his way....

On 24/06/2018 at 13:07, Duff said:

New O rings with a tweny bit of lube on it should narrow it down to whether it is or not. In my experience, short may it be I had an old Co2 mag that would leak for a short time after inserting the bulb. A new O ring fixed it. It was the original mag that came with it and hadn't had much pressure on the valve so the O ring degraded. 

Hope this helps. As above, an actual expert is on his way....

Thanks for the advice, any advice on the best O ring to get?

12 minutes ago, Billbo said:

Thanks for the advice, any advice on the best O ring to get?

Best thing to do is take out the old one and measure it. Hobbyking do a good selection.

Take note of the outer and inner diameter. Take a snap of the o ring next to the measure and if you can visit a shop personally.

Update: figured out what the problem was.

As I didn't have a garden to test fire my pistol in, I was test firing point blank into a pillow in the house.

I don't know why exactly, but doing this the gun only fired half a mag.

Firing normally at a distance target the pistol fires a full mag with plenty of gas left over.

Just glad it all works properly.  I might still get those O rings though, @Duff

Archived