New kid on the block (intro with a couple of Q's)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all

Signed up to the forum after seeing how active and helpful people seem to be on here. 

I'm new(ish) to airsoft having played around a handful of games after a few years of friends asking me to play, I finally did and now I'm hooked. 

I currently own the G&G UMP(G); something I had my heart set on getting as my first weapon over the M4/AK47 as I play CQ at the moment. 

I also have the coyote tan Bulldog plate carrier (I had borrowed this brand from a friend of mine and found it to feel very comfortable). I also have the Kapmore goggles and half mesh face mask which was in a sale so got a great deal on that, along with a helmet. I wear a dark top and jeans along with my black converse at the moment as I'm buying gear every month so im not breaking the bank. 

Just a couple of questions I have though.

1. UMP mag pouches: has anyone had any experience with extended mag pouches, the elastic type over the velcro? I'm running the 45/50bb over the +300/400 high capacity. Which is why I would like pouches to add to my plate carrier.

2. Cleaning kits: My choice of weapon was second hand and I would really like to clean the internals. 

Thanks for taking time to read this long introduction and I hope to be come an established member along the lines where I can also pass on what I'll learn to others. 

Dave (Burnley)

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

Hi

Welcome to the forum. 

Can't advise on pouches, but for cleaning kits

I bought the Nuprol cleaning kit, but not used most of it. 

I would say you need at a minimum:

- cleaning rod

- microfibre cloths

- Silicone grease for plastic / rubber parts

- Gear grease (e.g Moly grease, abbey gun grease)

- What to use to clean the barrel generates a debate, so I'll let you read up on that 😉

- Strong magnet if you have a tricky anti-reversal (AR) latch

- de-greaser

I'm sure others will add to the list.

Cheers

G

16 minutes ago, MisterG said:

Hi

Welcome to the forum. 

Can't advise on pouches, but for cleaning kits

I bought the Nuprol cleaning kit, but not used most of it. 

I would say you need at a minimum:

- cleaning rod

- microfibre cloths

- Silicone grease for plastic / rubber parts

- Gear grease (e.g Moly grease, abbey gun grease)

- What to use to clean the barrel generates a debate, so I'll let you read up on that 😉

- Strong magnet if you have a tricky anti-reversal (AR) latch

- de-greaser

I'm sure others will add to the list.

Cheers

G

Thanks for taking time to reply mate. Any complete specific kits that come with everything I need? Or am I buying bits of kit from different brands? I think it's next on my list to buy (apart from mag pouches) which is why I'm asking. 

Again cheers G

Dave 

44 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

Welcome :).

😎

• Supporters

Personally I believe you only need a couple of items(depends if your teching or not)

Cleaning/unjamming rod

Kitchen roll/microfibre cloths

Rubbing alcohol

Thats the basics, if you get involved in teching, yeah you’ll need more. 

1 minute ago, Duff said:

I've looked at these but it's the noise of the velcro that's putting me off. I originally bought some viper ones off Amazon but sent them back after seeing a YouTube video on UMP pouches in extended mag pouches (the taco type; in image). I have emailed a couple of shops on ebay who say that they'll fit but I'm just double checking with someone on here before I commit to buying. 

Screenshot_20180622-124529_eBay.jpg

10 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Personally I believe you only need a couple of items(depends if your teching or not)

Cleaning/unjamming rod

Kitchen roll/microfibre cloths

Rubbing alcohol

Thats the basics, if you get involved in teching, yeah you’ll need more. 

Good point. Basics is what I should be looking at before I start looking at going deeper. As I don't have any experience or know what teching is 😐

Ah I gotchu.

https://www.skdtac.com/HSGI-Belt-Mounted-Extended-Pistol-TACO-Pouch-p/hsg.703.htm

HSG.703-2T.jpg

In stock but not cheap. Still looking to see if I can find you a double taco pouch, will post it if I do.

Here you go, best I can do. Sorry they're really expensive, feelsbadman.

https://www.skdtac.com/HSGI-Triple-Extended-Pistol-TACO-Pouch-p/hsg.753.htm

HSG.753-4T.jpg

12 minutes ago, Duff said:

Ah I gotchu.

https://www.skdtac.com/HSGI-Belt-Mounted-Extended-Pistol-TACO-Pouch-p/hsg.703.htm

HSG.703-2T.jpg

In stock but not cheap. Still looking to see if I can find you a double taco pouch, will post it if I do.

Here you go, best I can do. Sorry they're really expensive, feelsbadman.

https://www.skdtac.com/HSGI-Triple-Extended-Pistol-TACO-Pouch-p/hsg.753.htm

HSG.753-4T.jpg

Don't worry on price but that's confirmed it. 

The one I posted above was £7 per taco.  Without the plastic insert. You're first image has confirmed it now mate, thank you. Will get the ones i put as I do have a drop bag so I don't have to worry about putting them back in mid game. 

The 2 viper ones with velcro I sent back were the same as 4 taco ones. Plus I really think the taco look better (it is a fashion show after all haha) 

Nice one duff!

1 minute ago, Polluxtroy69 said:

Don't worry on price but that's confirmed it. 

The one I posted above was £7 per taco.  Without the plastic insert. You're first image has confirmed it now mate, thank you. Will get the ones i put as I do have a drop bag so I don't have to worry about putting them back in mid game. 

The 2 viper ones with velcro I sent back were the same as 4 taco ones. Plus I really think the taco look better (it is a fashion show after all haha) 

Nice one duff!

No worries mate glad I could help.

Archived