US Forwarder

bop
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am just curious to know if anyone has used one of those US forwarders - MyUS or stackry for example? 

Reading through the reviews would make me run a mile but there is usually always going to be more posted negative reviews than positive - then the issue of what's real and what's fake.

I am looking at an item in the US, usually I wouldn't have bother getting items from across the pond but I am having difficulty with this item. I have managed to find one retailer willing to ship direct to me but it's not definite as it depends on inventory availability and their shipping cost. All the other retailers I have tried will only send within the US but will send it to a forwarding companies address.

Last resort option is to use one of those forwarder type companies.

Will do rocketdogbert, the price of the item is at a price point were I don't mind taking a chance on trying out a forwarder if it comes to it.

It's a kit for storing items better within a safe M_P. Definitely not available on the Asian market and not sold outside of the US.

No E21a, the retailers will not send it outside of the US by direct shipping for whatever reason (Export paperwork/hassle?) and only a few will entertain sending it to a forwarders address.

• Supporters

You could always send it to someone in the US and have them forward it to you. (A person, not a service)

If I knew someone in the US I would have already went down that route but sadly I don't know anyone ☹.

Only know a few in Canada but that doesn't help. Import costs and controls into Canada make it a non starter and ridiculous cost to ship from Canada.

It’s not an ITAR item is it? Because if it is and you get caught, you’re fucked. Even stuff you wouldn’t think would be sometimes make the list

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Wo1f said:

It’s not an ITAR item is it? Because if it is and you get caught, you’re fucked. Even stuff you wouldn’t think would be sometimes make the list

We are not subject to ITAR restriction, if someone’s willing to export it that’s their lookout! 

29 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

We are not subject to ITAR restriction, if someone’s willing to export it that’s their lookout! 

Ahh, didn’t realise that was the case. Nice one. 

What was the deal with exemptions, I do vaguely remember you could purchase upto and including $100 dollars worth of item(s) excluding shipping that was ITAR export restricted.

Anything over technically needed special export permissions and whatever else. Brownells US were ones that used to do that whilst most retailers said no from the off.

I don't see this item being restricted, its not a US Defense related item. It's for safes and marketed as such I believe and its only $60 so should be under that limit not that it matters as the maker of is quite happy to send it to a forwarder so... Must not really be an issue, just some retailers being retailers and not wanting to deal with the hassle of international shipping 😁 

I shall see what one retailer who is prepared to send it directly via USPS or the like is due to get back to me later in the week with another retailer prepared to send to a forwarder so I have enough options open to me currently.

• Supporters

Well, you could also post around and see whos stateside. I am one of them.

15 hours ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

Well, you could also post around and see whos stateside. I am one of them.

You’re stateside?

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Wo1f said:

You’re stateside?

Yep. Think there's a few of us

17 minutes ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

Yep. Think there's a few of us

But your our fave ;)  

I used like mymallbox 3 times using promo codes and basically cost me next to nowt with referral and bonus shipping codes.

I had multiple items sent and they repackaged them for me cheaply.

If anyone wants a referral let me know and I'll send a link I think you get 5$ off shipping.

That site says weapons/weapon parts and tactical equipment they won’t ship. 

Archived