Arp9

Jimbo1878
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Has anyone had any issues with the g&g arp9 high caps feeding? I've just got the gun and only tested it in the garden but I keep getting missfeeds. Will be playing with it tomorrow so can give it a propper test but just wondered if anyone else has had issues.

Funny you ask this as I was watching a vid on it today...you have to use a little force when putting in the magazine or you will get feeding issues....it feels like it's in, but it's not.

Watch this.....

The hicaps have a rep for being shite.

Mine is.

Best thing to do tomorrow if it stops working - take it out, watch all the BBS fall or of the magwell, stick it back in, wind and fire. Repeat. A lot.

Best thing to do long term...

A) drum mag. Because they're awesome

B) mid caps - 60 round mags

C) wait for the classic army nemesis midcaps, as they're 120 round

Or

D) all of the above. Cos life's too short to fuck about 😁

I have been yes, I run 60rnd mids.

So far I've noticed they would always struggle with the last few in the mag, but sometimes would just say no half-way through a mag. Similarly, I've noticed that the first few shots out of a full mag aren't full power..

I've read from various places that new mags need breaking in. Not sure how much truth there is to that, but may be the case as I remember having feeding issues with ASG Evo mags at first. In my opinion the springs do feel quite stiff for both the main spring to feed the BBs, and the spring for the stopper lever.

Only used for 2 skirmishes so far, so hard to say at the moment if time will resolve..

(I use G&G 0.28 BBs)

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Maniac said:

I have been yes, I run 60rnd mids.

So far I've noticed they would always struggle with the last few in the mag, but sometimes would just say no half-way through a mag. Similarly, I've noticed that the first few shots out of a full mag aren't full power..

I've read from various places that new mags need breaking in. Not sure how much truth there is to that, but may be the case as I remember having feeding issues with ASG Evo mags at first. In my opinion the springs do feel quite stiff for both the main spring to feed the BBs, and the spring for the stopper lever.

Only used for 2 skirmishes so far, so hard to say at the moment if time will resolve..

(I use G&G 0.28 BBs)

sounds like standard midcap behaviour, try a blast of silicon oil down them and don't load them all the way, i find my m4 likes a 140 round midcap down-loaded by about 20 rounds to feed perfectly first shot.

10 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

sounds like standard midcap behaviour, try a blast of silicon oil down them and don't load them all the way, i find my m4 likes a 140 round midcap down-loaded by about 20 rounds to feed perfectly first shot.

Why would you put silicone oil on your mag? Surely it would just coat the bb's and the inners of the gun with unwanted crap?

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Duff said:

Why would you put silicone oil on your mag? Surely it would just coat the bb's and the inners of the gun with unwanted crap?

because it fixes feeding issues, you don't do it every fill just when they get a bit sticky, works a charm and in my experience doesn't mess up the hop for more than a couple of shots immediately after you do it.

9 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

because it fixes feeding issues, you don't do it every fill just when they get a bit sticky, works a charm and in my experience doesn't mess up the hop for more than a couple of shots immediately after you do it.

I found best way to get mags feeding properly is to fill em to juat short of their capacity and then empty them with the release catch, couple cycles and they feed fine for me.

29 minutes ago, Duff said:

I found best way to get mags feeding properly is to fill em to juat short of their capacity and then empty them with the release catch, couple cycles and they feed fine for me.

This is what I did with mine, filled them 3 times and dumped them out. They all feed flawlessly 

• Supporters
50 minutes ago, Duff said:

I'll give that a go next time see if it works, but usually the silicon does the trick for me.

Just now, Adolf Hamster said:

I'll give that a go next time see if it works, but usually the silicon does the trick for me.

I am sure I read somewhere on here a while ago, that putting silicone oil or anything of the sort into your mags is a bad idea.

I regularly spray new mags black, often needing a decent cycle as no matter how careful I am, a little of the paint always gets in and stifles the mechanism at first.

I suppose I should really start blockiung up those holes?

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Duff said:

I am sure I read somewhere on here a while ago, that putting silicone oil or anything of the sort into your mags is a bad idea.

I regularly spray new mags black, often needing a decent cycle as no matter how careful I am, a little of the paint always gets in and stifles the mechanism at first.

I get the logic that you generally want to avoid getting too much oil on the hop, but remember it's rubber and its getting constantly worn down so it doesnt take much to get it back on form.

Of course its a different story if you're bathing the whole lot in oil constantly.

1 hour ago, Duff said:

Yea I remember reading the same thing, something about it picking up dirt etc? 

I also thought using silicone oil in mags a bad idea, however I'm not sure if that applies to the stopper lever.

I suppose avoiding dirt in the internals is always best regardless, so personally I'll probably leave even that idea and see if use over time is the fixer.

Archived