Eye protection for pea heads

Cleaners inc
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Probably been asked before but can’t find much in the search.

Since I’ve started Airsoft I’ve always been using mesh googles and a seperate mesh lower face mask. Had a few bbs shatter through my lower mask recently and got me thinking about how safe mesh eye pro is, and doesn’t appear to be all that good after a few google searches so I’m looking to change to something safer.

i purchased these:

http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/smith-optics-aegis-arc-urban-wolf---clear-lens-20958-p.asp

however last few games I’ve not worn them as I feel a B.B. could easily hit just under my eye or go under and into my eye. I think this is down to having a small head/pea head leaving a big gap on the underside 

so my question is...what are my options in regards to eye pro that’s going to protect my eyes but also fit my small pea head.

i know you can get enclosed lens googles but research brings up the never ended fogging issue. Large enclosed googles with fans ect will also look comical on my small head 😑

budget wise, don’t wanna spend mega bucks but I do value my eyes so good money can be spent 

I wear glasses like that with a half material/half mesh lower. The odds of a bb going under that are substantially low but they're your eyes. Personally I'm happy with the protection vs risk.

You could always go down the goggle route? Depends how sweaty you are?!

7 minutes ago, Duff said:

I wear glasses like that with a half material/half mesh lower. The odds of a bb going under that are substantially low but they're your eyes. Personally I'm happy with the protection vs risk.

You could always go down the goggle route? Depends how sweaty you are?!

I get pretty sweaty. 

The issue is that gap you mention is a lot bigger on me then most people due to my face/nose shape. Quite a small head with a biggish nose ☺️

• Supporters

I recently started using the Dye I4 masks, I would recommend them.

Previously I have used Revision Locusts, but you also have the wolf spiders, I have heard good things about the ESSv12s too.  

• Supporters

you could go for goggles, which will seal, but they will also fog.

it's a tradeoff between protection and comfort as always, and where you are prepared to draw the line is up to you.

41 minutes ago, Cleaners inc said:

Going to try some ess v12

Good choice. Make sure to remove all the foam from the vents and have the lenses in the out position when you play. Ive yet to fog mine up

to the point it hinders my vision 

23 minutes ago, E21A said:

Good choice. Make sure to remove all the foam from the vents and have the lenses in the out position when you play. Ive yet to fog mine up

to the point it hinders my vision 

Yeah done a fair bit of research on them and that’s recommended a lot 

in the out position do they create enough room for a B.B. to get inside?

• Supporters

Take the right steps and you can pretty much eliminate fog while having sealed eye pro, it's the only logical setup to my mind.  As above take out the foam, keep the lenses super clean, try out some different anti-fog wipes/sprays.  I'll deal with a little fog to minimise risking my eyes every single day of the week.  After a good few years I ended up going to the ESS Turbofans and if you can save up over time I think they're ultimate end game for eye pro having tried more options than i can remember at this point.

2 minutes ago, Cleaners inc said:

Yeah done a fair bit of research on them and that’s recommended a lot 

in the out position do they create enough room for a B.B. to get inside?

No, I’ve been hit directly in the lenses a few times, it just pops them shut usually 

Open vs closed 

61D6FBF2-40BB-4BE3-AA3B-BB154CD31FED.jpeg

5F6C0D9D-8574-43DE-A850-C0FE067D2DF1.jpeg

61448BCE-275B-4385-8E30-56280146488F.jpeg

1FF40BAC-A94A-41F4-A89E-8BD11B30D3D4.jpeg

One thing to be aware of when buying, check the pics closely to see if the bridge above the nose is broken. Mine weren’t when I bought them but I broke it changing the lenses and tried to glue it, it didn’t work. Doesn’t affect the protection of them, but something to be aware of when buying. If the bridge is broken you may be able to get them cheaper

8 minutes ago, E21A said:

No, I’ve been hit directly in the lenses a few times, it just pops them shut usually 

Open vs closed 

61D6FBF2-40BB-4BE3-AA3B-BB154CD31FED.jpeg

5F6C0D9D-8574-43DE-A850-C0FE067D2DF1.jpeg

61448BCE-275B-4385-8E30-56280146488F.jpeg

1FF40BAC-A94A-41F4-A89E-8BD11B30D3D4.jpeg

One thing to be aware of when buying, check the pics closely to see if the bridge above the nose is broken. Mine weren’t when I bought them but I broke it changing the lenses and tried to glue it, it didn’t work. Doesn’t affect the protection of them, but something to be aware of when buying. If the bridge is broken you may be able to get them cheaper

Thanks for the picture, I read somewhere someone claiming with them open a B.B. can get inside but pictures show otherwise so thanks for that

the pair I’ve purchased don’t seem to have the anti fog cloth, are you using anything extra to avoid fog other then the removal of foam and open vents 

I’ve been using the included wipe however I’ve purchased and tested (at home) some revision lenses wipes (cheap on eBay, paid £5 for 10) and they seem to be very good. 

I have these there very good as said take the foam out and get a good anti fog spray they do work 

I use these for eye pro https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pyramex-I-Force-Slim-Sporty-Goggle/dp/B00PWVBS8A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1529849455&sr=8-1&keywords=Pyramex+I-Force+Slim+Sporty+Dual+Pane+Anti+Fog+Lens+Goggle+(Grey) 

had no fogging issues so far and i run pretty hot (large dude) I reckon you should have no issues with yours if you just use some anti fog spray/wipes 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Osiris said:

had no fogging issues so far

I have.  They're pretty good, but even with anti-fog compound on them, I do get them misting up.

Fan goggles with DIY double glazing and the foam removed have finally, finally, done the trick.

Aside, we had a player today take one under his non sealed glasses and hurt (but fortunately not damage) his eye.  It can and does happen.

15 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Aside, we had a player today take one under his non sealed glasses and hurt (but fortunately not damage) his eye.  It can and does happen.

Exactly what I could see happening to me due to the large gap on the underside 

Just what is the circumference of your head mate? Myself I'm a solid 59 incher if melonheeded goodness. Or is it because your face is narrow?

1 hour ago, Duff said:

Just what is the circumference of your head mate? Myself I'm a solid 59 incher if melonheeded goodness. Or is it because your face is narrow?

Not a clue lol 

I think it’s more the fact the top of nose kind of pushes glasses away from my face that causes the issue more so then head being small 

936B8A29-B857-4CDC-A3F0-641F0F9559E2.jpeg

Photo doesn't help at all really mate. If the bridge of your nose pushes glasses away from your face then I fear most eyepro will, like goggles. Maybe go down the DYE route if you're that concerned. Me, I'll stick with glasses and the extremely low odds of a bb getting up past them at one very specific angle.

Just now, Duff said:

Photo doesn't help at all really mate. If the bridge of your nose pushes glasses away from your face then I fear most eyepro will, like goggles. Maybe go down the DYE route if you're that concerned. Me, I'll stick with glasses and the extremely low odds of a bb getting up past them at one very specific angle.

Yeah was just to show my head isn’t actually like a pea lol

Archived