GHK M4 Maximum Recoil

APOModern
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm trying to get the kick on my GHK M4 MOD 2 to be as "hard" as possible.  My setup is stock save for a samoon heavy buffer kit and I still feel as though it is a bit lacking in stiffness and return.  What setup would you recommend?  

Note: Efficiency is not my goal, but is a nice bonus if it is still quite usable in-game. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/06/2018 at 11:09, APOModern said:

I'm trying to get the kick on my GHK M4 MOD 2 to be as "hard" as possible.  My setup is stock save for a samoon heavy buffer kit and I still feel as though it is a bit lacking in stiffness and return.  What setup would you recommend?  

Note: Efficiency is not my goal, but is a nice bonus if it is still quite usable in-game. 

Maybe try a new spring? I'm not great with GBBR's.... Mostly AEG's but maybe you go to a local store and ask about?

Heavier bolt carrier?

Absolute max you could get would be a combination of a heavy buffer weight, stiffer spring and steel BCG (aren’t they steel anyway?) and to run it off CO2. 

It would run like shit though. 

On 07/07/2018 at 12:47, AlecBeach said:

Maybe try a new spring? I'm not great with GBBR's.... Mostly AEG's but maybe you go to a local store and ask about?

I was thinking Viper Tech spring (if I could find one) and Samoon heavy buffer.  Running CO2 isn't an option for me

I went down this road.

I used the Angry Gun heavy recoil buffer with a stiffer spring. If you are trying to stick with green gas, Guarder Black Power Up will increase recoil. Keep in mind that it is winter gas though, so you will get very high FPS in warm weather. IIRC the RATech steel bolt was slightly heavier than stock, but I don't think it is compatible with V2. Didn't change recoil much anyway.

Performance definitely suffers with heavier recoil, but it is still usable.

On 13/07/2018 at 22:12, BigBlackGlock said:

I went down this road.

I used the Angry Gun heavy recoil buffer with a stiffer spring. If you are trying to stick with green gas, Guarder Black Power Up will increase recoil. Keep in mind that it is winter gas though, so you will get very high FPS in warm weather. IIRC the RATech steel bolt was slightly heavier than stock, but I don't think it is compatible with V2. Didn't change recoil much anyway.

Performance definitely suffers with heavier recoil, but it is still usable.

What spring did you use?  

On 11/07/2018 at 13:29, APOModern said:

I know you have to change the spring, and maybe the buffer too

Most likely. Try to go to a local store and ask them about it.

On 15/07/2018 at 14:08, APOModern said:

Not really near any places to check, hence my post

Where do you live if you don't mind me asking? I can find a place for you!

1 hour ago, APOModern said:

I'm currently in California, but transitioning to Berlin haha

A great international seller is ModernAirsoft and they might be able to help with Tech work to if you email them. 

https://modernairsoft.com/products/blowback-nozzle-bolt-for-ghk-g5-series-airsoft-gbb-gas-blowback-standard

This might help! Or maybe something else... I'm bad with GBB

Archived