Updated for August! Unsure of what direction to take next...

Asomodai
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Need to work out what I am going to spend the rest of my money on now. With the Ape sale I have about 600 to play with. Still tempted by the gas Tavor... I can afford about 4 extra mags at 40 rounds capacity each... Hmm!

That gas tavor is kwa, right? Or the hyphestus one?

5 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

That gas tavor is kwa, right? Or the hyphestus one?

KWA is the OEM, Umarex is the reseller. 

I have a (justified) hatred for KWA’s hop up chamber. Fine for cqb, but I wouldn’t bother personally. Couldn’t lift a dick in a strip club, never mind a good, heavyweight BB..

30 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I have a (justified) hatred for KWA’s hop up chamber. Fine for cqb, but I wouldn’t bother personally. Couldn’t lift a dick in a strip club, never mind a good, heavyweight BB..

I think it depends what version of the hop unit they use. Not sure what that will be yet. 

Maybe I should just get a Real Sword Type 97 and be done with it. Heavy though! 

Put it this way, I’ve had a kwa usp tactical, 2 usp match’s, a vector and a pts mega arms 308. They all have that shit rotary hop up that does naff all. 

1 minute ago, Wo1f said:

Put it this way, I’ve had a kwa usp tactical, 2 usp match’s, a vector and a pts mega arms 308. They all have that shit rotary hop up that does naff all. 

Is it the one that needs the key tool to actually adjust?

4 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Is it the one that needs the key tool to actually adjust?

Yeah. Literally every gas  kwa since the dawn of time has had that horrendous hop. I can only assume the tavor will too

2 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Yeah. Literally every gas  kwa since the dawn of time has had that horrendous hop. I can only assume the tavor will too

Food for thought... Will have to see!

Just picked up a pair of Edge Tactical SBR160's glasses for dead cheap at Pro Airsoft. Along with some Bolles. Sorted for Eyepro now! 

EDIT: Just picked up the flashlight as recommended above. 

5 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Sorry to disappoint you... And on my head be it! 

It just came up for pre-order for the first time and I couldn't stop myself. I am so sorry :(

So I guess my future has been decided. No DMR for some time! 

Invoice.png

Get a review up and tell us what you think of it at some point. It may be great, I’ve just been put off by the brand. 

16 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Get a review up and tell us what you think of it at some point. It may be great, I’ve just been put off by the brand. 

I just got as giddy as a school girl when it came up...

Just now, Wo1f said:

Can’t even find it on that website 

Special order, ring Pro directly 🙂

• 2 months later...

Update - coming into about 1200 cash in the next two months. The Tavor has arrived could do with a few more mags and I am going to be a trialist for a new bunch of feed lips for KWA mags that will eliminate the common feed issues. 

So apart from mags. What next? I am still shottyless. I have upgraded my one and only pistol and I am a bit dissapointed in the grouping of shots for it. The DMR is still pending me buying upgrade parts for the SL8. Still no sniper rifle. I am also still pining after a Real Sword Type 97...also thinking of real steel FAMAS scope rail. 

_--------------

Hello gents.

Quick background, I am a Bullpup/full auto whore, I have two TM FAMAS, TM Aug HC, Cyma F2000. I also have some normal styled rifles, namely a JG SL8, ICS Ape, SRC XM8 and an ICS CXP 15 M4. I have one side arm which is the TM Strike Warrior. 

My buddy and I are in the middle of a tour of the SE sites, this means quite a bit of long range and not much CQB. 

Everything apart from the JG SL8, Strike Warrior and Aug have been upgraded with decent barrels and internals. 

I just sold an S&T Tavor pro. This was because I was to purchase the not-quite-released Tavor GBBr. Unfortunately yesterday I found out that the mags only hold 40 whereas I was under the impression it was 60. To carry 600 rounds I would need to buy 15 mags at 55 a pop. As someone who trigger spams this is not exactly great news.

So I need to make a decision to either spend what money I have (about 450/550 and I can add another 200+ every month to that) on the Tavor money sink and grab mags as I can afford them. Or look for something else.

I have some glaring holes in the collection:

No DMR - I have a JG SL8 which would be perfect to convert to a DMR, it's a G36 base. I can upgrade it to top spec with the money. I would probably enjoy a DMR role with my battlebuddy. But I don't get the satisfaction of a shiny shiny new RIF.

No Shotty - I have occasionally pined over both the TM Spas with folding stock and TM KSG (Because why not!). Its something that has appealed to me, but there are not a lot of CQB sites in the south east.

Pistols - I could sink some money into the strike warrior, I already bought the larger gas capacity MEU mags that Tm have just released and I have a Laylax tightbore ready to go in. So I would just need the Maple leaf hop unit and It would probably shoot lasers. It would only cost me an additional 50 quid to do this. 

However I have been having alot more fun with pistols recently so maybe I should get another? 

Sniper - I have always been put off by getting a sniper rifle because I feel like I wouldn't have much fun, but as someone who has only been playing for a year its probably because of all the "don't play snipe of you're a newb" statements. 

I do love the look of the SRS silverback and I could probably stretch to it... I just don't think I could do it justice. 

High end bullpup AEG - All my bullpups are cheap or mid range which have been upgraded. Maybe I should just shoot for the best and get the Real Sword Type 97?

Face Pro and tactical gear - I have mostly been playing with cheap Nuprol mesh and Revision Ant goggles. Mesh being my preference despite the dangers. Maybe i should consider a pair of Herosharks? I did try out some cheap Bolle glasses recently and really enjoyed it. But then lost them. I run in a French FAMAS loadout which I am happy with. 

Either way I am very undecided of what to go for next. Upgrade the rest of my collection, buy something new, go Gas rifle, go long range, go shotty, maybe mix a couple of the cheaper options above... 

What do you guys think I should do? The mags of the Tavor have thrown a curveball and I am wavering from getting it. I just need some advice on the most prudent and fun course of action. 

1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

I am also still pining after a Real Sword Type 97.

I would get a Real Sword type 97 one of the best bullpups out of the box in my opinion and its an AEG so you simply plug and play another pro is that it feeds from one of the most common types/styles of magazines so buying and sharing with teammates will not be a problem. Also, the prices will most likely go up on Real Sword products just look at what Airsoft World is asking for their  Real sword stock. P.S. You may also be lucky enough and get one that has the m4 style mag release button.   

Or you could by a Real Sword SVD you could even possibly buy the package that comes with the scope (if you can find one in stock) a simple amalgamation of wood and steel what not to love, and as I mentioned before the price, unfortunately, look like they will just keep going up.

1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

I would probably enjoy a DMR role with my battlebuddy. But I don't get the satisfaction of a shiny shiny new RIF.

Bar the issue with the TM full length 870 tanks where they expanded the TM range of gas shotties are incredible. as are the APS shell ejecting shotguns. Used both numerous times over the years and having owned maybe 5 or 6 of of the two brands mentioned you must have found someone with a "duff" gun.

On ‎29‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 07:16, clumpyedge said:

Bar the issue with the TM full length 870 tanks where they expanded the TM range of gas shotties are incredible. as are the APS shell ejecting shotguns. Used both numerous times over the years and having owned maybe 5 or 6 of of the two brands mentioned you must have found someone with a "duff" gun.

I hear that the KSG has a lack of range compared to the breacher. Is there any truth in this?

8 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

I hear that the KSG has a lack of range compared to the breacher. Is there any truth in this?

From seeing two different people using their KSG is would say no. I used .20 bbs in all my shotguns as I didnt feel it needed high weight, flew for pretty much the same range as the majority of pistols on the sites I was playing at the time. I've been hit by a team mates KSG from equal distance. Like anything there are upgrades if you want to boost the performance but personally thinking... shotguns are more CQB and if you cant hit someone with a 3/6 shot spread something is seriously wrong.

Only downside is it being a bullpup 🤣

11 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

From seeing two different people using their KSG is would say no. I used .20 bbs in all my shotguns as I didnt feel it needed high weight, flew for pretty much the same range as the majority of pistols on the sites I was playing at the time. I've been hit by a team mates KSG from equal distance. Like anything there are upgrades if you want to boost the performance but personally thinking... shotguns are more CQB and if you cant hit someone with a 3/6 shot spread something is seriously wrong.

Only downside is it being a bullpup 🤣

Would you say it has better range when using three shot only?

Still on the fence about the KSG. The only other shotty would be the SPAS 12 with folding stock. 

On 28/08/2018 at 14:03, Sniper780 said:

I would get a Real Sword type 97 one of the best bullpups out of the box in my opinion and its an AEG so you simply plug and play another pro is that it feeds from one of the most common types/styles of magazines so buying and sharing with teammates will not be a problem. Also, the prices will most likely go up on Real Sword products just look at what Airsoft World is asking for their  Real sword stock. P.S. You may also be lucky enough and get one that has the m4 style mag release button.   

Or you could by a Real Sword SVD you could even possibly buy the package that comes with the scope (if you can find one in stock) a simple amalgamation of wood and steel what not to love, and as I mentioned before the price, unfortunately, look like they will just keep going up.

I have never paid above 380 for a RIF. I find hard to part anything over that so I still struggle to find myself purchasing one. Though I know it makes sense..

Archived