Updated for August! Unsure of what direction to take next...

Asomodai
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Update - coming into about 1200 cash in the next two months. The Tavor has arrived could do with a few more mags and I am going to be a trialist for a new bunch of feed lips for KWA mags that will eliminate the common feed issues. 

So apart from mags. What next? I am still shottyless. I have upgraded my one and only pistol and I am a bit dissapointed in the grouping of shots for it. The DMR is still pending me buying upgrade parts for the SL8. Still no sniper rifle. I am also still pining after a Real Sword Type 97...also thinking of real steel FAMAS scope rail. 

_--------------

Hello gents.

Quick background, I am a Bullpup/full auto whore, I have two TM FAMAS, TM Aug HC, Cyma F2000. I also have some normal styled rifles, namely a JG SL8, ICS Ape, SRC XM8 and an ICS CXP 15 M4. I have one side arm which is the TM Strike Warrior. 

My buddy and I are in the middle of a tour of the SE sites, this means quite a bit of long range and not much CQB. 

Everything apart from the JG SL8, Strike Warrior and Aug have been upgraded with decent barrels and internals. 

I just sold an S&T Tavor pro. This was because I was to purchase the not-quite-released Tavor GBBr. Unfortunately yesterday I found out that the mags only hold 40 whereas I was under the impression it was 60. To carry 600 rounds I would need to buy 15 mags at 55 a pop. As someone who trigger spams this is not exactly great news.

So I need to make a decision to either spend what money I have (about 450/550 and I can add another 200+ every month to that) on the Tavor money sink and grab mags as I can afford them. Or look for something else.

I have some glaring holes in the collection:

No DMR - I have a JG SL8 which would be perfect to convert to a DMR, it's a G36 base. I can upgrade it to top spec with the money. I would probably enjoy a DMR role with my battlebuddy. But I don't get the satisfaction of a shiny shiny new RIF.

No Shotty - I have occasionally pined over both the TM Spas with folding stock and TM KSG (Because why not!). Its something that has appealed to me, but there are not a lot of CQB sites in the south east.

Pistols - I could sink some money into the strike warrior, I already bought the larger gas capacity MEU mags that Tm have just released and I have a Laylax tightbore ready to go in. So I would just need the Maple leaf hop unit and It would probably shoot lasers. It would only cost me an additional 50 quid to do this. 

However I have been having alot more fun with pistols recently so maybe I should get another? 

Sniper - I have always been put off by getting a sniper rifle because I feel like I wouldn't have much fun, but as someone who has only been playing for a year its probably because of all the "don't play snipe of you're a newb" statements. 

I do love the look of the SRS silverback and I could probably stretch to it... I just don't think I could do it justice. 

High end bullpup AEG - All my bullpups are cheap or mid range which have been upgraded. Maybe I should just shoot for the best and get the Real Sword Type 97?

Face Pro and tactical gear - I have mostly been playing with cheap Nuprol mesh and Revision Ant goggles. Mesh being my preference despite the dangers. Maybe i should consider a pair of Herosharks? I did try out some cheap Bolle glasses recently and really enjoyed it. But then lost them. I run in a French FAMAS loadout which I am happy with. 

Either way I am very undecided of what to go for next. Upgrade the rest of my collection, buy something new, go Gas rifle, go long range, go shotty, maybe mix a couple of the cheaper options above... 

What do you guys think I should do? The mags of the Tavor have thrown a curveball and I am wavering from getting it. I just need some advice on the most prudent and fun course of action. 

Seems to me you already have enough guns so if I personally was in your position I’d either upgrade what I have or sell a few of the least used ones to gain the funds for something really special 

Personally I'd build a silent gun.

It's something you don't have, and takes a lot of tweaking to get right.

It's also something you can be proud to show off regardless of the branding on the body.

I've got a JG AUG setup this way and it's a really fun gun to use. It's still an AEG and you can use it as such, No DMR restrictions ect, but when the mood takes you you can break off and go sniping with it. The looks on peoples faces when you rattle them up and they have no idea where the shots came from is priceless.

The parts for a silent system are pretty cheap and it means you are going to spend a bit of time in a gearbox getting it right.

• Supporters

Firstly, seriously consider getting a DYE I4 face mask, used one for the first time last week and it’s exceptional, after seeing a few mesh masks get shot through I’m not going back to mesh.

Secondly, consider talking to Mr @rocketdogbert and getting some advice on making a remote mag for that GBB Tavor, that can solve your expensive mag problems and lack of ammo!

8 minutes ago, Cleaners inc said:

Seems to me you already have enough guns so if I personally was in your position I’d either upgrade what I have or sell a few of the least used ones to gain the funds for something really special 

I am right with you up to a point on that. I am selling the APE at the moment as the XM8 will be filling that role once it is back from the tech. 

I guess I should point out that I don't run any grenades (In fact never used any pyro whatsoever). Maybe I should look at a 40mm attachment or some such. I do prefer my loadout to be minimal. I like to stay cool and lightweight. No fuss no muss etc. 

I just have a big Tavor shaped hole in my heart at the moment. Hard to let go ;)

1 minute ago, Iceni said:

Personally I'd build a silent gun.

It's something you don't have, and takes a lot of tweaking to get right.

It's also something you can be proud to show off regardless of the branding on the body.

I've got a JG AUG setup this way and it's a really fun gun to use. It's still an AEG and you can use it as such, No DMR restrictions ect, but when the mood takes you you can break off and go sniping with it. The looks on peoples faces when you rattle them up and they have no idea where the shots came from is priceless.

The parts for a silent system are pretty cheap and it means you are going to spend a bit of time in a gearbox getting it right.

I have definitely been considering this with the JG SL8 DMR build direction. My favourite style of play apart from spray and pray is sneak up on the flanks and take out all comers by surprise. I do love those long AUG varients (A4 and 5). I am trying to just have one of each model though and I love the high cycle too much! 

The famas evo? MOSFET, nylon fibre body, bullpup.

im patiently waiting for a GBBR Famas SV.. I fear it will be a long wait 😭

1 minute ago, Prisce said:

Firstly, seriously consider getting a DYE I4 face mask, used one for the first time last week and it’s exceptional, after seeing a few mesh masks get shot through I’m not going back to mesh.

Secondly, consider talking to Mr @rocketdogbert and getting some advice on making a remote mag for that GBB Tavor, that can solve your expensive mag problems and lack of ammo!

I have always considered the dye I4. Though I do get worried about getting shot through the mouth vents. Do you still need to use anti fog on it? 

I just wish I didn't need to look like a mantis whilst wearing one...

I have been looking at some of the edge glasses/goggles as well. Some high quality eye pro might be the way to go. 

Is a remote mag setup much like HPA where not only the Gas is off gun but also the ammo?  Not sure how I feel about a HPA setup. Seems like a lot of fuss and extra stuff to carry. 

1 minute ago, Wo1f said:

The famas evo? MOSFET, nylon fibre body, bullpup.

im patiently waiting for a GBBR Famas SV.. I fear it will be a long wait 😭

I already have two TM Famas and they have been upgraded beyond belief.

GBBR Famas will never happen from a mass production POV and you know it :(

The Famas is my fave from a ergonomics point of view. I wont ever get rid of them. Maybe that's why I am drawn to the Type 97. 

• Supporters

I wiped my mask with an anti fog wipe, but I didn’t see a smidge of fogging. Got a proper ringer as well, felt almost concussive. Yeah the look is something you just have to put up with.

Yeah, exactly that, you take a standard mag, and modify it to allow a line to follow from a remote box mag up to the bottom of the gun, it’ll wind as long as there are BBs in the drum mug. You only need a small HPA bottle, it’ll fit easily in a dump pouch.

I would have thought that the KSG would be above such problems. If I were to get anything spring it would the Spas 12 with the foldable stock. Expensive especially when better springers are so cheap, but Airsoft is a fashion show after all! 

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 11:07, Prisce said:

I wiped my mask with an anti fog wipe, but I didn’t see a smidge of fogging. Got a proper ringer as well, felt almost concussive. Yeah the look is something you just have to put up with.

Yeah, exactly that, you take a standard mag, and modify it to allow a line to follow from a remote box mag up to the bottom of the gun, it’ll wind as long as there are BBs in the drum mug. You only need a small HPA bottle, it’ll fit easily in a dump pouch.

Sorry what is a ringer? 

I may need to consider this sort of setup I guess! Unless I can find cheaper mags that will work. Wouldn't work for Milsim though!

I already run with a mask. So no problem there. Isn't there a Dye model which is just the goggle part and not the lower face? I swear I remember seeing them at somepoint. 

My preference is yellow or clear lenses if it helps ;)

3 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

My favourite style of play apart from spray and pray is sneak up on the flanks and take out all comers by surprise. I do love those long AUG varients (A4 and 5). I am trying to just have one of each model though and I love the high cycle too much!  

A silent gun suits both styles, You can spray and pray at the moment of contact as you don't have the DMR restrictions. The difference is when you do this the only noise the target should hear is BB's rattling off every surface near them. If done right It's a style of gun that doesn't make a lot of friends at woodland games.

Aug of choice would be the A1 or A2. Keep the weight down, and keep the front profile small so they have less to pick up on visually. Back it up with good camo and you can pin down half a team sat in buildings.

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Sorry what is a ringer? 

My preference is yellow or clear lenses if it helps ;)

A shot that made my ears ring. 

You get interchangeable lenses, so that’s never an issue. 

• Supporters

I’ve got a KSG and I use it successfully in woodland , yes I totally accept it’s not got close to the range of an AEG out in the open BUT once you get under cover ? it’s a beast ! It cuts through undergrowth like it’s not there ! Performance wise I’ve got a satts CnC tank in mine and not a hint of a leak and not had any problem with feeding either , and if we ever meet up on a site some where , let me show you how poor it’s accuracy is ! 😂😂😂😂

• Supporters
On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 11:02, Asomodai said:

I have always considered the dye I4. Though I do get worried about getting shot through the mouth vents. Do you still need to use anti fog on it? 

Maybe that's why I am drawn to the Type 97. 

Bb won't go through the vents that is a wives tale.

No they don't fog unless faulty/misused.

Real sword type 97 is a lovely bit of kit. Basically faultless and build quality is best out there.

6 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Call bollox on that one Duffster my friend , I’ve got a KSG and I use it successfully in woodland , yes I totally accept it’s not got close to the range of an AEG out in the open BUT once you get under cover ? it’s a beast ! It cuts through undergrowth like it’s not there ! Performance wise I’ve got a satts CnC tank in mine and not a hint of a leak and not had any problem with feeding either , and if we ever meet up on a site some where , let me show you how poor it’s accuracy is ! 😂😂😂😂

Fight fight fight!

27 minutes ago, Iceni said:

A silent gun suits both styles, You can spray and pray at the moment of contact as you don't have the DMR restrictions. The difference is when you do this the only noise the target should hear is BB's rattling off every surface near them. If done right It's a style of gun that doesn't make a lot of friends at woodland games.

Aug of choice would be the A1 or A2. Keep the weight down, and keep the front profile small so they have less to pick up on visually. Back it up with good camo and you can pin down half a team sat in buildings.

Hmm. I dont have a spare rifle I would want to silence apart from the SL8. Maybe I should get an MK23 for the close range stuff. Though I had an idea of getting a full auto pistol for protection whilst playing DMR

Food for thought!

• Supporters

Don’t get me wrong there’s a load of shitty shoties out there , I can only speak from experience (plus a team mate has a KSG and loves his) never had a problem with mine but it is a TM ? a good friend is totally in love with the secutor gas shotguns with no complaints .

i run mine on propane/green gas and .28’s and am getting 30-35mtrs aimed shots and 40-45’ish hits on a player sized target with at least one of the bbs if it’s set to 3rd , if I bump it to 6rd then you can nock about 5trs of all the ranges due to the drop in FPS .👍

5 hours ago, Prisce said:

I considered getting one of these but went for the Bolle x1000 RS, and have regretted it every since. These goggles are designed for wearers of prescription glasses, but they don't work in my experience. 60 quid up the creek. The goggle may not fog, but the glasses inside them do, all the time.

I suspect that the DYE I4 would be the same though. Yes you can get glasses under them, but I'd bet they would still fog. Please correct me if you have had personal experience and think I am wrong. Even the masks and goggles with fans don't seem to be that effective.

The only thing that seems to work with prescription glasses is a mesh mask. And I hate mesh masks. They ruin visibility and usually make it difficult to get a cheek weld on the gun stock. Contact lenses seem to be the only real solution.

• Supporters
55 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

I considered getting one of these but went for the Bolle x1000 RS, and have regretted it every since. These goggles are designed for wearers of prescription glasses, but they don't work in my experience. 60 quid up the creek. The goggle may not fog, but the glasses inside them do, all the time.

I suspect that the DYE I4 would be the same though. Yes you can get glasses under them, but I'd bet they would still fog. Please correct me if you have had personal experience and think I am wrong. Even the masks and goggles with fans don't seem to be that effective.

The only thing that seems to work with prescription glasses is a mesh mask. And I hate mesh masks. They ruin visibility and usually make it difficult to get a cheek weld on the gun stock. Contact lenses seem to be the only real solution.

Honestly, I am a sweaty pig, and everything I have tried has fogged up eventually. 

However, the DYE I4 I used last weekend, didn’t fog up at all, and I was running about like a cheetah on speed, I would highly recommend getting one from BZ Paintball(£55 is all I paid) and give it a go, if it doesn’t suit or it doesn’t work for you, you can sell it on second hand for £50 on eBay.

(my predictive text decided I didn’t mean fogged and went forth and corrected me to dogged......F U Apple)

Thanks for the replies gents. I am out for the evening so I am not able to reply in detail. However....

UPDATE: Looks like the Ape will be sold on Tuesday to a forum member, which hopefully means an extra 170 ish towards the budget. 🙂

So the Ape has left the building. 

Due to circumstances I need to get a Flashlight so I can play at the mall. 

I would much prefer a PEQ box. Anyone comment on the Element one?

The element Dbal one? It’s okay, but the button on the rear is a little weak. Pressure pad works fine though

38 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Just by the DBAL pistol torch, it’s wickedly good85FAFD21-2E6D-47F1-81DA-B21D952787AB.thumb.jpeg.bd2453c515e3f0ceb2b5c60b9f3356ed.jpegD97AFEE3-0C47-463C-A98E-8BEE1B76437F.thumb.jpeg.d0095a892c2892af7fa7c3c407f60eab.jpeg 

Sticking to a limit of 50 quid

I am not a regular night player at all 🙂

21 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Sticking to a limit of 50 quid

I am not a regular night player at all 🙂

Try ppt-outdoor.com polymer bodied are about that I think

I do prefer the look of a PEQ, butttttt.. This will fit my pistol quite well too, already have a holster which will fit a light. I can get this and if I like torches enough I will get a PEQ for the rifle and keep this on the pistol. 

Archived