40 Mike Gas Shell - 150 BB's in 0.3sec

ibo7
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I've seen tag rounds used at a milsim-lite and wasn't that enamoured with them.  The energy is way, way higher than any BB and could easily knock off glasses, or give someone a tremendous banging if it goes off in their face.

The same argument applies as to the 40-Mike: fine if used properly.  In this case, the tag rounds were lobbed at a high angle and I believe most of them burst in the air, by the rocket's red glare.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters
57 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I've seen tag rounds used at a milsim-lite and wasn't that enamoured with them.  The energy is way, way higher than any BB and could easily knock off glasses, or give someone a tremendous banging if it goes off in their face.

The same argument applies as to the 40-Mike: fine if used properly.  In this case, the tag rounds were lobbed at a high angle and I believe most of their burst in the air.

Indeed, the smoke rounds for example seem pretty neat, and timed stuff as you say can be used relatively safely but screw the impact explosives

Archived