40 Mike Gas Shell - 150 BB's in 0.3sec

ibo7
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, KendoKhan said:

Banned at all three sites where I play. 

out of interest (rather than accusation) are these cqb oriented sites and if not did they actually see one in the flesh/let someone run one before banning them?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Adolf Hamster said:

out of interest (rather than accusation) are these cqb oriented sites and if not did they actually see one in the flesh/let someone run one before banning them?

All three are CQB :). 

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, KendoKhan said:

All three are CQB :). 

fair enough, it does make sense to ban the 40 mike for CQB, plus a standard shower shell is going to be more effective at room clearing anyway.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

a standard shower shell is going to be more effective at room clearing anyway

Aside, I've yet to see anyone running any sort of 40mm spurt-tubes at my local CQB site, so I have no idea how effective they are.  Given that it's a one shot wonder, I'd wonder how often users commit to a rapid ejaculation before being pummelled by hostile balls.

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Aside, I've yet to see anyone running any sort of 40mm spurt-tubes at my local CQB site, so I have no idea how effective they are.  Given that it's a one shot wonder, I'd wonder how often users commit to a rapid ejaculation before being pummelled by hostile balls.

i suspect often it's ditched in favour of a lighter frontend that's easily snap-aimed, but a full 40mm shell has a decent spread at room clearing distances certainly enough to consider as a weapon for use when you know there's a few folk in the room.

that said, an impact grenade does exactly the same thing at such short distances.

I have effectively used an under slung m203 with madbull shower shells at the mall but always with a good line of sight. Shower shells should be used like a support gun suppression and intimidation if you actually hit some one lucky bonus. Having seen what a 40 Mike does to balistic gel at foot range I can't see many sites or insurance companies allowing them. 

• Supporters

well some interesting things to note about this thing.

was getting used yesterday and overfilling it very much jams the mechanism, went to dissassemble today and trying to unscrew either end cap from the centre seems to be an actual feature to unload the last few bb's.

can confirm it does work on red gas, although it didn't fire on black gas (although i suspect that's more because it was jammed).

for outdoor use it's definately a viable alternative to standard shells, you get beyond about 20' and the spread is about 2' and i've yet to hear of any scraps breaking out from folk who've been displeased to be on the recieving end.

On 25/09/2018 at 23:54, Sacarathe said:

So sad. But it's an outdoor site, I'll probably still go along some more come winter. Will be interested in the med on this thing.

How is it sad. I think it's good. I would like to see these things used with an MED in play. It'd be fun. Yes up close it's not good, but at a MED it's safe and viable.

• Supporters
25 minutes ago, cropzy said:

How is it sad.

It rewards a company that chose to market it for the express purpose of causing excessive pain at close range.  Practical issues with the device aside, there's a moral hazard there.

25 minutes ago, cropzy said:

I would like to see these things used

By you, or against you?

It's been proven fine with a med. I am not endorsing it to be used to inflict pain and I would not like to use it or get hit by it at that close range. The MED should be like what snipers use. At that range I wouldn't care about being hit by it or using it. End of day you can achieve the same effect with a highly tunes AEG or hpa.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, cropzy said:

How is it sad. I think it's good. I would like to see these things used with an MED in play. It'd be fun. Yes up close it's not good, but at a MED it's safe and viable.

indeed, our local has had them running for a couple of weeks now and they've been used a fair bit (at least if the echoes of the quacking are anything to go by), this is with no enforced med by the way.

when used sensibly they really aren't remotely as bad as people think they are, forget the youtubers point blanking folk to the throat from what i've seen the reality is very much different, hell a mate of mine i lent one to took a bang kill rather than point blank the guy with a 40-mike (although he was somewhat annoyed afterwards)

tbh i reckon the marketing was a pretty good viral campaign really, with everyone so riled up about this thing it made me curious enough to buy a couple rather than simply turning up at the shop and being told "yeah there's a new grenade out, says it gives good range but it costs £70".

2 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

indeed, our local has had them running for a couple of weeks now and they've been used a fair bit (at least if the echoes of the quacking are anything to go by), this is with no enforced med by the way.

when used sensibly they really aren't remotely as bad as people think they are, forget the youtubers point blanking folk to the throat from what i've seen the reality is very much different, hell a mate of mine i lent one to took a bang kill rather than point blank the guy with a 40-mike (although he was somewhat annoyed afterwards)

tbh i reckon the marketing was a pretty good viral campaign really, with everyone so riled up about this thing it made me curious enough to buy a couple rather than simply turning up at the shop and being told "yeah there's a new grenade out, says it gives good range but it costs £70".

Exactly. That's what they aimed for. They knew what they were doing with the marketing. People just overreacted. It has captured my interest as well. I've never seen one used irl and I want to get one to see what they are actually like. I think in the future people will realize when controlled, they are fine.

How was it a good campaign? They marketed on causing pain they gave away badges with the thing that boasted about inflicted pain. If you want to inflict pain on people you shouldn't be on an airsoft site. This campaign has got them banned at a tonne of site which is really going to prohibit sales. Yes with MED and indirect fire this could be a really useful tool but I have seen what these things do to balstics gel at close range. some one pops their head up at the wrong time and there is going to be a mess. 

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, BigStew said:

How was it a good campaign? They marketed on causing pain they gave away badges with the thing that boasted about inflicted pain. If you want to inflict pain on people you shouldn't be on an airsoft site. This campaign has got them banned at a tonne of site which is really going to prohibit sales. Yes with MED and indirect fire this could be a really useful tool but I have seen what these things do to balstics gel at close range. some one pops their head up at the wrong time and there is going to be a mess. 

it was good in the objective sense that it really raised awareness of the product, got people talking about it and curious to see wether or not the hype is indeed true.

yes it's banned at a lot of sites, and for CQB sites i don't think anyone can argue against it, but then CQB only players aren't exactly the target market.

if they were really serious about making it inflict pain they could easily have tightened up the barrel and increased the fps up to 328, instead they deliberately chose an fps that's lower than even most of the more restrictive countries allow, the product itself is coated in warnings including an MED. anyone remember the video redwolf did of the minigun mashing a pumpkin?

you want something legitimately scary try the tag launcher, now that's something that folk should be scared of.

2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

it was good in the objective sense that it really raised awareness of the product, got people talking about it and curious to see wether or not the hype is indeed true.

yes it's banned at a lot of sites, and for CQB sites i don't think anyone can argue against it, but then CQB only players aren't exactly the target market.

if they were really serious about making it inflict pain they could easily have tightened up the barrel and increased the fps up to 328, instead they deliberately chose an fps that's lower than even most of the more restrictive countries allow, the product itself is coated in warnings including an MED. anyone remember the video redwolf did of the minigun mashing a pumpkin?

you want something legitimately scary try the tag launcher, now that's something that folk should be scared of.

Nail on the head. The made it so people would talk about it.

And yes tags are scary. They actually hurt.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, cropzy said:

Nail on the head. The made it so people would talk about it.

And yes tags are scary. They actually hurt.

the scary thing about a tag is not just that it hits you with a force and momentum not much else in the airsoft armoury can even come close to, but then to add injury to injury it also explodes, in your face, immediately.

don't get me wrong, it's really cool, and there's plenty of tactical use for it, but you don't wanna be the guy that peeks a window when the things in flight towards your face.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, BigStew said:

How was it a good campaign?

The existence of this thread shows that it was effective.  Bad press is better than no press, when you're trying to shift product.

It's ensured that Airsoft Innovations will never see a penny out of me, but then they probably wouldn't have anyway.

From what I have heard the Canadian company who makes them did the video in the winter, so was too cold to do outside hence done in cqb site. Also I think they recommended a 10' med anyway. But don't quote me on that. 

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, Keldon said:

From what I have heard the Canadian company who makes them did the video in the winter, so was too cold to do outside hence done in cqb site. Also I think they recommended a 10' med anyway. But don't quote me on that. 

30' according to the sticker on the side of it.

• Supporters
37 minutes ago, Sacarathe said:

That's not really airsoft though is it. 

i've seen folk fielding them, although fortunately i've only seen show off shots and not been on the recieving end of one, but the impact exploding shells do question the safety if some poor sod puts his head round the door at the wrong moment.

they're a cool idea, but i can't see how you could eliminate the potential safety issues, hell it's bad enough winging a burst xl or thunder b and hitting some poor bugger who peeked at the wrong time.

Archived