40 Mike Gas Shell - 150 BB's in 0.3sec

ibo7
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looks like he was attacked by killer bees.  This isn't fun, I would walk away from a site if they allowed this.

Cheers

G

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters
2 hours ago, Wo1f said:

All the sites I play at people hate speedsofters for that very reason. 

it is overkill, although sadly i think it's a reaction to needing to use that kind of thing, a one-shot policy is great if you can rely on the person calling their hit, which sadly is not always an option.

of course i exclusively play outdoors, so i tend to have a different take on what's acceptable, and in an outdoor environment i can certainly see the application of this over current grenades when used properly at long range where the cloud will disperse a bit and the bb's will have lost a lot of velocity.

certainly i'm not surprised if indoor sites are banning the hell out of it.

That’s the issue for me.. virtually zero spread. I’ll happily get tagged with a dozen bb’s from a 150rd moscart style grenade. FPS is low and it’s spread. At most, a couple will hit your eye pro at sub 150fps. 

Like I said before. It’s not the pain, it’s the potential to damage I’m concerned about. 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Wo1f said:

That’s the issue for me.. virtually zero spread. I’ll happily get tagged with a dozen bb’s from a 150rd moscart style grenade. FPS is low and it’s spread. At most, a couple will hit your eye pro at sub 150fps. 

Like I said before. It’s not the pain, it’s the potential to damage I’m concerned about. 

i guess it's a case of perspective, i'm thinking more using it at 40-50ft with an arcing trajectory as opposed to all these videos nailing someone at point blank.

unless i'm grenading wrong?

7 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i guess it's a case of perspective, i'm thinking more using it at 40-50ft with an arcing trajectory as opposed to all these videos nailing someone at point blank.

unless i'm grenading wrong?

I guess thats the intended use for it, but like with anything. disregard how a product is meant to be used and think about how it WILL be used. Id love to see this in an airsoft game much like the TAG INNOVATION ammo lots of places banned them too because while it is a fantastic item in its own right when used properly you can count on one person being a dick and using it in a way it isnt meant to be used and causing serious injury. 

The argument that "HPA put out the same ROF" is valid but it gets treated differntly because they are already widesread. some events I know ban them unless they are competition locked but new things like this its easier to just ban it outright with out the hastle of people buying a load already and sites just caving to pressure of demand.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Da_sheriff said:

I guess thats the intended use for it, but like with anything. disregard how a product is meant to be used and think about how it WILL be used. Id love to see this in an airsoft game much like the TAG INNOVATION ammo lots of places banned them too because while it is a fantastic item in its own right when used properly you can count on one person being a dick and using it in a way it isnt meant to be used and causing serious injury. 

The argument that "HPA put out the same ROF" is valid but it gets treated differntly because they are already widesread. some events I know ban them unless they are competition locked but new things like this its easier to just ban it outright with out the hastle of people buying a load already and sites just caving to pressure of demand.

very true, i mean these tests are proof that people are expecting it to be used in a CQB environment.

there will always be idiots, guess this is why we can't have nice things.....

• Supporters
On 6/23/2018 at 1:53 PM, Wo1f said:

Read the comment from the company

Ooh, they mad.

Why would I care if a company that's made and marketed a device for hurting people goes out of business?  The sooner the better.

uvG2UBJ.png

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Why would I care if a company that's made and marketed a device for hurting people goes out of business?

*puts on devils advocate hat again* doesn't that describe every airsoft company? i mean all airsoft guns will hurt if you shoot someone point blank in the neck  *removes devils advocate hat and don's flame-suit*

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Generally, guns are made and marketed to hit.  This is made, or at least marketed, to hurt.

true, but if we take these videos of people getting blasted point blank and replace it with a 600fps sniper, or a speedsofters 500000 rps HPA rig, or hell even most stock airsoft guns in full auto  and you'd get a similar result.

But that’s player choice. If you’re an overkilling, Lycra wearing, hpa using speedsofter, that’s your choice to act like a complete Tw@t. If you want to shoot someone from 10m away with a 600 FPS sniper, you’re choosing to be a dick. 

That thing you only have the choice of how far away you’ll be from the person that caves your skull in. Soon as you pull the trigger, all 150 BB’s have left and that’s the end of it. You can’t have a 4 shot burst from it, it’s 150 shots all landing in more or less the same place. 

Its simple. Would any of you let me empty a mid cap into you for each kill? No, exactly..

Personally, I think do not like them. I simply thing they are out to overkill kill people and inflicted pain. 

I've walked off the field before due to people with stupidly fast triggers overkilling me. Yes they may be using single shot. But when they can still pump out more rounds per second than an average AEG on full auto, and continue to do so after they have landed a hit on someone it's wrong. 

There is no need for it. It takes one, maybe two hits to knock someone, who is playing the game right, out. Not 6, or 50 or 150. 

This grenade is even worse than that because it is uncontrollable. You cannot stop it once you pull the trigger. 

If someone lit me up full auto with a full mag then I'd be giving them a taste of their own medicine back, probably to the balls/boobs (delete as appropriate). 

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

But that’s player choice. If you’re an overkilling, Lycra wearing, hpa using speedsofter, that’s your choice to act like a complete Tw@t. If you want to shoot someone from 10m away with a 600 FPS sniper, you’re choosing to be a dick. 

That thing you only have the choice of how far away you’ll be from the person that caves your skull in. Soon as you pull the trigger, all 150 BB’s have left and that’s the end of it. You can’t have a 4 shot burst from it, it’s 150 shots all landing in more or less the same place. 

Its simple. Would any of you let me empty a mid cap into you for each kill? No, exactly..

as is the case with this thing, you choose to use it at point blank range, or at 50+ft, presumably you can also down-load it so again you can choose how much you want to unleash.

i dont think anyone would be complaining at a light hail of bb's at low velocity from long range.

your point is valid that it takes a person being a dick to use it improperly, but people can already be dicks with pretty much anything in the airsoft arsenal.

• Supporters
33 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

it takes a person being a dick to use it improperly

One handy use for it is that if someone turns up with one, it identifies that they're likely going to play like a dick.

37 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Yo @Duff. How much for the JG? ;)

Text you mate.

I'd be curious to see a video of this used at 75ft - 100ft but as everyone has stated this doesn't belong in CQC. I don't see what purpose this device is intended for, other than to deliberately inflict injuries and pain.

It isn't exactly going to be offering any real suppression at outdoor sights as it's a one pump chump which is out done by any rifle in sustained fire, let alone an actual LMG/GPMG.

I wonder what discussion in the board room led to the development and creation of this product...

1 hour ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

I wonder what discussion in the board room led to the development and creation of this product...

From the interview the CEO of Airsoft Innovations did, I'd say it's the end of a long line of them trying to get something like their cyclone grenade into the underbarrel launchers. He said they'd done prototypes with cyclone grenades that actually launched with timers, but they were too dangerous when considering direct hits. I guess this is as close as they could get without launching the actual grenade. 

Doesn't quite have the same effect in my opinion. Personally I'd have ditched the idea, not necessarily because of any danger issues, but simply because at medium to long ranges it doesn't seem to achieve any more than a long burst from an AEG would. 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

I'd be curious to see a video of this used at 75ft - 100ft but as everyone has stated this doesn't belong in CQC. I don't see what purpose this device is intended for, other than to deliberately inflict injuries and pain.

It isn't exactly going to be offering any real suppression at outdoor sights as it's a one pump chump which is out done by any rifle in sustained fire, let alone an actual LMG/GPMG.

i suspect it's usage would be similar to current shells only at longer ranges: lob shotting a cloud of bb's into an area of effect that would be a rough equivalent of the "blast zone" of of a shell that exploded.

in that regard it's not really any different than using a standard shell, albeit this will be more effective at longer ranges thanks to the higher average bb velocity and lower spread.

• Supporters
30 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

it's usage

Here's the way that Airsoft Innovations are choosing to market it: CQB. Close range.  Pain.  That's the usage that they have chosen to show and to promote.

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Here's the way that Airsoft Innovations are choosing to market it: CQB. Close range.  Pain.  That's the usage that they have chosen to show and to promote.

i'm not denying that's what they're portraying, just discussing how you would use it at longer ranges, which is the more appropriate use for something like this.

Agreed, the marketing was terrible. Although apparently the only reason they did the advert in a CQB site was because filming it outside didn't show the 'potential' of the grenade. I'm guessing it's hard to film BBs showering over long range and still make it look impressive. So I can kind of see their logic there. Sort of. Doesn't excuse the glorifying pain thing though, and I'd be surprised if the product bounced back from this. Although...any news on how the US market is receiving it?

When I used to play battlefield, 40mm at those ranges would either kill you or fail reach the range that the fuse activates. I don't see what real life weapon this is based on - from their advertising.

Shame they didn't market it for use at 20m+ - but also lucky since it gets banned before one goes off in a safe zone. Anyone notice in the some of the videos when people gassed them before loading?

• Supporters
53 minutes ago, Sacarathe said:

lucky since it gets banned before one goes off in a safe zone

I'm not giving him the traffic, but I'll note again that Novritsch decided to test one in a safe zone around folk not wearing eye-pro.  Now that I watch again (so that you don't have to), he closes the breech on the launcher while pointing it right at someone sitting about 2' away. 😮

Yes, the problem is with him, but I would be getting a bit think-of-the-children if someone was even gassing and loading one of those things in a safe zone, let alone putting it into a launcher.

I think they should be allowed but restricted to outdoors and have a 25 metre engagement rule. Also if people are using them maliciously you could have a rule that at the start of the day anyone using them has to be shot a close range with one before they can use it. A little forced empathy might change their minds?

They would be good at range for suppression like when a team is rushing at the start of the game to get to the flag you could use one to slow them down if you spread it.

Archived