40 Mike Gas Shell - 150 BB's in 0.3sec

ibo7
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Has anyone come across this new Gas Shell by Airsoft Innovations?

FEATURES

100ft Range

Get a 10 feet spread at 100 feet! Unrivaled range! Experience how dominant you can be when you put ballistics first!

150 BBs

Hit 'em hard and hit em 150 times. The 40 Mike is easy to load and easy to fire, so you can put the maximum number of BBs downrange.

Most Joules per Trigger Pull

Fires 150 BBs in 1/3 of a second and hits with so much energy that we guarantee they'll call their hits!

Saw some videos of it on Instagram, one was Novritsch. The thing is crazy!

Who's getting one? £65 if you're interested

20180623_075230.jpg

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Already banned at numerous sites...

(Taken from Gunman Airsoft FB page)

The Grange
Bravo One
The Mall
Lincs Airsoft Club
Crafty’s
Raw War
MAW
The Gaol
Skirmish Combat Games
Airsoft Commando (Leeds)
Elsham, Messingham and the HQ
XSite
Mid Wales Airsoft
Airsoft Cardiff
Alpha 55
Nomad Woodland
Ambush Adventures
Section 8
Red Alert Berkshire
The Department & Project X
Swat Parkgate (Bomb Up)
Invasion Airsoft 
The Depot
Warminster 
Bristol Courthouse CQB
Stirling
The Base CQC
Op Tac - The Kingdom
Fireball Squadron
Frontier Airsoft

• Supporters

Yup, that can sod off, then keep sodding off, then sod off some more.  It looks like the equivalent of full-auto mag dumping a large midcap in an uncontrollable ejaculation that's bound to hit every exposed body part. That's uber-overkill and if you did it in any other way with any other weapon it would get you kicked off site.

The fact that they're explicitly marketing it as painful should tell you everything you need to know.

1 hour ago, ibo7 said:

one was Novritsch

I've just watched that.  The video opens with him shooting it in a safe zone where players aren't wearing eye protection.  A lifetime ban would be too short.

• Supporters

Probably a grey area even in legality for the UK, depending on the gas you might put in to it, whether it counts as automatic fire etc; but that's a minefield and I'm not a lawyer.

One of the worst airsoft products I've ever seen.  I mean at long ranges lobbing beebs in... maybe ok for use, like TAGs, but then it'd be totally ineffective anyway.  At closer distances and direct fire, what difference is there between this and a disgustingly long burst of full auto?  None.  It's not acceptable general game play to dump an entire midcap in to someone in a single trigger pull through a high RoF gun and that's all this is.  In fact the difference is with your gun you can let your finger off the trigger after firing a few shots, this abomination goes from zero to retard in the blink of an eye and there's no going back.

I'd never heard of it before, surely it's like dropping a nuke on the site!

In the wrong hands it could also give a very bad name to airsoft

IMHO the 40 mike is for sadists. The sort of people who will overkill, mag dump and head shot (when a body shot is possible). The sort of people who enjoy inflicting serious pain on others.
In short, it's for cunts, plain and simple.
Anyone using it can fuck off.......

Pretty much every video I've seen it in (especially the novritsch one), a single pistol shot would do the same job. So what's the justification for the other 129 BBs? It's not a spread weapon. To fire at long range and suppress an area, sure, great. But it's marketed as a CQB weapon, and that's how it's being used. At the range people are firing it at, one player is the target for all of those BBs. 

I get that they must be fun to shoot, but it does pose the question; there's a guy you want to shoot, do you want to hit him with 1 BB or 130 BBs? Personally I don't play to hurt people. If I wanted to hurt people on a Sunday afternoon I'd cheat the chrono and go out with a hot gun. I'd also be banned from most sites and might even be charged for common assault, so....

First I heard of it was my local site banning it! 😂

Ive had some seriously painful sniper hits and that’s just a single BB so can’t imagine the pain of this hitting bare skin.  

Even me, who’s constantly telling people to stop being bitches and ‘no pain no gain’ thinks these are so unnecessary. 150 rounds at 250 FPS. That’s pretty much a pts midcap out of a TM recoil. 

I dont mind high fps, like the TAG rounds, loud pyro, but what I cannot stand is overkill. You hit me with the first shot. A following 149 is going to earn you a black eye

Just now, Duff said:

Id like to see the welts on the guy from the video after that hit...

Same. The guy that takes the shots in the neck drops pretty quickly

• Supporters

I thought I'd do the sums on it.  Each BB is only doing 240fps (0.53J), but there are 150 of them.  That's 79.5J, or the same energy as 70 BBs shot at 350fps (1.13J).

Each impact is less, but if you've been hit by a tri-shot at close range, you'll know what 3 x 240fps can feel like if it gets you in a squishy or bony bit.  Imagine walking round a corner to find fifty tri-shot barrels pointed at you, all of which open up within 1/3rd of a second.

I don’t mind the pain, it’s the damage I’m more concerned about. 

They were normal ballistic lenses. Shot them out of the frame. 

• Supporters

Black ops have banned it from all there sites as well .

i did use to like Noverich but after seeing the way he misused it ? Not anymore that’s for certain !

and as Borg said when he fired it in the safe area ? Don’t even want to think what could have happened ! 

3 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I don’t mind the pain, it’s the damage I’m more concerned about. 

They were normal ballistic lenses. Shot them out of the frame. 

Exactly my point against it since day one , everyone who’s a fan of it keeps banging on about its only 200-240fps or a sniper does 500fps !” It’s the combined potential energy on impact of so many bbs on a small area that worries me .

As the good mr Borg has worked out for us !     

I asked my wife to test out my Springer shotgun on my back, I didn't breathe for a short time😮

It was in a small room and I had no t shirt, I will  not be asking anyone to shoot me close range again

41 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Each impact is less, but if you've been hit by a tri-shot at close range, you'll know what 3 x 240fps can feel like if it gets you in a squishy or bony bit.  Imagine walking round a corner to find fifty tri-shot barrels pointed at you, all of which open up within 1/3rd of a second.

I haven't been hit by a tri-shot yet, when you put it like that it's insane.

It's damn cool in concept but it's just overkill to the max, if I got hit point blank range with it I would absolutely lose my sh!t and launch an AK at them😡

link to the video. Read the comment from the company 😂

Was banned at Combat Action Games the minute AI showed their promo video. If someone unloaded that on me, they would need their rif surgically removed from the a$$

• Mostly Retired Moderators

It definitely deserves to be banned.

The guy getting shot in the throat is evidence enough of that.

Haven't seen the Novritsch video, he's always a melter anyway, but I doubt he's stupid enough to endorse it?

Imagine if you got caught from behind and it managed to get behind your glasses, or the arm at least, the force from 150 BBs is going to mean that you aren't wearing glasses anymore.

Also, as always, a relevant Super Mega Tactical meme:

Fae3RsR.jpg

• Supporters

i'm going to play devils advocate here but have you seen some of the stuff the speedsofters are doing with hpa's? this is no worse than that. hell last game i was at there was a polish chap spurting out bb's at that kind of rof for ages with a drum mag on his rig.

it's also no worse than stuffing a bean bag down the neck of a 203 and putting a standard empty shell behind it.

if it's used in cqb by sadistic twonks then yes, and i absolutely agree that sites that dont like it should be free to ban it.

however, if used properly in outdoor games then i dont think it's that bad. and like all 203's it's a tactical device for people who need more than 1 bb to persuade them their hit.....

3 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i'm going to play devils advocate here but have you seen some of the stuff the speedsofters are doing with hpa's? this is no worse than that. hell last game i was at there was a polish chap spurting out bb's at that kind of rof for ages with a drum mag on his rig. 

All the sites I play at people hate speedsofters for that very reason. 

I think the problem is that it opens a Pandoras box if sites started allowing it widespread. If they allow this why not allow something even more overkill? 

I don't know anyone who would like to be hit by the 40 mike. There is no need for this device. 

Archived