Saying hi in Edinburgh

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, 

been lurking for a couple of weeks now

got my first game tomorrow at Edinburgh Skirmish walk on and looking forward to it

played paintball since I was 17 ( so that’s 28 years) but had a break for a good while

really excited as going along with an old friend who is well established in the hobby, and I know the inevitable will happen (this is going to cost me £thousands 🤫)

so , first post , be gentle with me , hi!! 👋

Gary

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

• Supporters

Ahoy and welcome.  I'll be a refugee from Nomad soon so if you happen to play at Section 8 or the Scottish Airsoft Centre, reviews would be appreciated.

8 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

this is going to cost me £thousands

Not necessarily.  I've only spent... [sound of calculator keys] ...

EWAleiY.jpg

OK, as you were.

Hi

Welcome to the forum.

There is a thread on what airsoft costs....

But yeah, loads 😅

Cheers

G

I've met a few ex paintballers who moved to airsoft.

Feels good being a real man doesn't it? 

🤑

Well , last week went well and was really enjoyable

been a while since I had a buzz like that

done a bit of digging about in line and sourced a used, but not abused Krytac Trident MkII

Im very happy and looking forward to my next day out 👍

A happy evening getting the Irons Zero’d in 👍

On 23/06/2018 at 08:58, Rogerborg said:

Ahoy and welcome.  I'll be a refugee from Nomad soon so if you happen to play at Section 8 or the Scottish Airsoft Centre, reviews would be appreciated.

I'm off to S8 on Sunday @Rogerborg, I'll get a review up on the Recommended sites in Scotland thread early next week.

@Enid_Puceflange Welcome to the forums and Airsoft! Great choice on the Krytac, it should serve you well.

• Supporters
49 minutes ago, apexpredator said:

I'm off to S8 on Sunday @Rogerborg, I'll get a review up on the Recommended sites in Scotland thread early next week.

Neat, thanks.  I'm particularly interested in how the games are run and how much time is spent slogging across the site as opposed to pewing.

Welcome! Glad you enjoyed it! 

I'd like some reviews of Section 8 too, so far the ones I've heard have been rather mixed. 

Why is it, as soon as you have a new toy you start to look for another

Looking for a suitable sidearm now...…………..

Browser history cleared daily to stop Mrs P figuring out what I am up to 🤐

G

Plenty of low price sidearms in the classifieds mate.

• Supporters
36 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Looking for a suitable sidearm now

Corner shop toy one, for all that you'll ever actually use it. ;)

• Supporters

I can see why speedsofters use pistols for point blank pewing, but even in an indoors CQB site I rarely switch to mine.  It is a laugh though, and a good way to end a long day to just ditch everything and throw some mags in your pocket.

On 03/07/2018 at 11:22, Arwen said:

I'd like some reviews of Section 8 too, so far the ones I've heard have been rather mixed

The negative Google ones point out that it's a big site with not a lot of structures, which I'm not keen on, but then there's one complaining that they got ejected for not calling a hit from a test shot, and for cheat calling.  It's actually rather heartening to hear that's being enforced in practice, I'd count that as a positive.

1 hour ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Have been thinking that already 👍

For what it's worth, I find myself using my pistols a lot more when I take my longer aeg out. I tend to "abandon" the aeg when I'm going into tight places (narrow corridors, stair well etc. ) Pistols are just so much easier to manage in confined spaces. 

However if I'm using the wasp, it's tiny anyways so no real advantage to swapping. 

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Sounds like I just need a decent GBB / £80-£100 😉

Look at some of WEs offerings, their Sigs and Glocks are quite nice. No need to go overboard because as mentioned you tend to only use a sidearm if you set out to try and use it if that makes sense.

That said you may use it, love it and end up just using that haha

• 3 weeks later...

Got out last weekend to visit the site at Airsoft Edinburgh , which it think is effectively Land Warriors site

Nice site , they had the APC out and running which was a hoot too 😁

7AF190BA-E181-49C5-B928-BBEEB508D6E1.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived