BB Hop Setting

AshOnSnow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Quick question - if I set my hop for one set of BBs, if I then change to a different BB (but the same weight) will I need to readjust my hop?

I have white longbow .40s for my VSR, but I’m running low on them. I have a full bottle of blaster devil .40 blacks, but obviously can’t see where they’re going. If I dial the hop in on the longbows, will I be able to use that setting for the black blasters? Or will the different surface finish mean they need a different hop setting?

Is it a different surface finish though? Or is it just a colour change.
If it's the same weight then it's the same hop. 
However the best way to test this would be to just use them?

If you REALLY can't see where they are going when testing, then perhaps range a target up with the white bb's, then switch to black and see where your bb hits a paper target.

Short answer:   try it?

The longbows definitely seem to have much more of a matte finish, whereas the blasters are actually shiny and metallic - they tend to stick to anything slightly magnetic. The surface is definitely different. Unfortunately I don’t have any space suitable to test them.

Archived