Genuine Gas Masks for Airsoft Face Protection

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

@L3wisD I have a loadout. Not that it gets used much nowadays. 

551926551_2018-03-11_15_41_571.thumb.jpg.ccb3f54dd5cd709a36defd31d8ce3f4e.jpg

2 hours ago, Tiercel said:

Theres a reason most real squaddies hate CBRNE drills. 

100%

Any kind of PT in the old res was pure torture. I'd rather rub my nuts with low grade sandpaper and take a vinegar bath.

And you always knew your exercise was gonna be shit when ya saw 'NBC kit' on the packing orders.

Best part was taking your cannister off after a shot in the chamber and blowing through it on to your mates pillow... That was always amusing!

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Seven said:

100%

Any kind of PT in the old res was pure torture. I'd rather rub my nuts with low grade sandpaper and take a vinegar bath.

And you always knew your exercise was gonna be shit when ya saw 'NBC kit' on the packing orders.

Best part was taking your cannister off after a shot in the chamber and blowing through it on to your mates pillow... That was always amusing!

Totally agree ,  I did a wk long exercise in NBC so I know from bitter experience you will not function in an airsoft game in a real resi , it ain’t going to happen !

Now see i always preferred in the chamber when the gas was flowing and it was time to remove and change canisters , stand next to some mong you didn’t like and NOT pass on your canister and watch them do the funky chicken ! 

16 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Totally agree ,  I did a wk long exercise in NBC so I know from bitter experience you will not function in an airsoft game in a real resi , it ain’t going to happen !

Now see i always preferred in the chamber when the gas was flowing and it was time to remove and change canisters , stand next to some mong you didn’t like and NOT pass on your canister and watch them do the funky chicken ! 

Ah, we didn't pass cannisters we had to pass it hand to hand round our backs twice and then screw it back on.

There was always at least one that couldn't get the cannister on to the attach point and ended up a spluttering mess.

Or those that forgot to blow hard when they put their mask back on after a decontamination drill and ended up sucking a mask full of CS.

Had a couple that were immune to CS too... Hated those guys so much...

@Druid799 what reg/corps were you?

3 hours ago, British_Squaddie said:

What about the MK6 Riot Visor instead of lower mesh mask?

They were used in N.I.

Nope. Massive gaps where bbs can get in and blind you. What's wrong with mesh

7 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

Hahahah, running round in an S10! I’d rather boil my own balls. 

Hahaha, couple of us have expressed the same sentiment.

He seems obsessed with being as 'authentic' as possible so he'll learn the hard way.

Lungs on fire, sweating like an illegal crossing the US border, wishing death would come quicker, wondering how quick you can get to a JPA terminal to sign off... Doesnt get much more authentic than that.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Seven said:

Ah, we didn't pass cannisters we had to pass it hand to hand round our backs twice and then screw it back on.

There was always at least one that couldn't get the cannister on to the attach point and ended up a spluttering mess.

Or those that forgot to blow hard when they put their mask back on after a decontamination drill and ended up sucking a mask full of CS.

Had a couple that were immune to CS too... Hated those guys so much...

@Druid799 what reg/corps were you?

I’m an old bastard 👴! I started out with the S6 , turtle helmet and a sterling (but I did grab an SLR at every opportunity I could!😉) ! Oh yea I just loved the guys who’d be sucking it up and just standing there basically say “fuck you pongo give us some more then !” to the DS staff ! 😫

i was a scab lifter 😁

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but if you don’t have the proper rated, tested and certified eye protection, you may not be covered under the sites insurance if something goes wrong.

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

I’m an old bastard 👴! I started out with the S6 , turtle helmet and a sterling (but I did grab an SLR at every opportunity I could!😉) ! Oh yea I just loved the guys who’d be sucking it up and just standing there basically say “fuck you pongo give us some more then !” to the DS staff ! 😫

i was a scab lifter 😁

Jesus, SLR? 80's?

I got to play with an SLR during my trade training, that's as close to that era  as I got... you were patching people up when momma was still wiping my ass, lmao. I was an Armourer, REME, 2005-2010.

Didn't spend much time with RAMC mob but the few encounters were good... And memorable. Almost as good for morale as a big bag of harribo and always fun watching them deny DS the opportunity to send crows through a river crossing in near freezing temps during an exercise we played enemy for.

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Seven said:

Jesus, SLR? 80's?

I got to play with an SLR during my trade training, that's as close to that era  as I got... you were patching people up when momma was still wiping my ass, lmao. I was an Armourer, REME, 2005-2010.

Didn't spend much time with RAMC mob but the few encounters were good... And memorable. Almost as good for morale as a big bag of harribo and always fun watching them deny DS the opportunity to send crows through a river crossing in near freezing temps during an exercise we played enemy for.

Yup ‘85 !

Our unit armorers saw a posting to us as a punishment , first off they were always  “way hay ! All those nurses 😍 ! But soon realised the reality of it , all the lumpy jumpers kept braking the guns !😱 

Funny you say about Haribo I always collected the Spangles from the ration packs , nothing picks a chinstrap’ed tom up of his arse like some fruity sweets ! 😂 

i was known for be’ing a hard nosed barstuard when it came to pulling guys from exercises/training , with me you basically had to have a letter from a pathologist to say your dead ! ☠️

BUT if I did call endex I stuck by it , once had a Maj from the Staffs threatening to shoot me if I pulled the exercise due to the shit weather , sorry but when I find sheep obviously frozen to death on Senni Ranges i worry ! 🤣🤣🤣

I had a S10 from my early days when I first started airsoft and wanted to try to copy a SAS loadout. Wore it indoors at home for ten mins then it never came out of the garage ever again. Straight away saw it impaired everything. Was uncomfortable, sweaty and thought fuck wearing that all day at a skirmish. Plus the lenses needed to be swapped out and ideally a fan kit put into where the respirator goes and I couldnt be arsed doing it!

Hi, 

As it has been said before the S10 is not practical for airsoft and in reality it wasn't practical for soldiers to use to carry out their day to day jobs without adding the extra complications of engaging and destroying the enemy. I had the unfortunate pleasure of building a bridge in full cbrn kit on exercise in Germany all because the bridge commander had never seen it done needless to say we got it done but never again. 

Also most infantry soldiers and engineers like myself never carried the S10 as part of their fighting order (battle belt) as the purpose of the fighting order was bombs and bullets with some minor admin kit water rations and that's about it as you want to be as light as possible when engaging the enemy. 

As an under 18 I strongly recommend that you read the comments posted on here and digest as we have a wealth of experience and knowledge both in the airsoft world and the military as I myself served 13 years 1999 - 2012 in the Royal Engineers and I don't profess to being the font of all knowledge but if I could avoid getting the S10 out I would. 

Hope this helps 

Mo

I thought of getting one, but was worried it wouldn't be safe enough for the eyes.  It's hot enough im a paintball mask, which is designed for this type of activity and has much more ventillation, so I'm glad I didn't go down that route.

Cheers

G

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, Seven said:

@Druid799

Just saw 'Fill your boots UK' post this today and I chuckled... Exactly what I said earlier in this thread, lmao.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=203062867015374&id=202623907059270

Pretty much says it all, lol

Hahaha ! yup spot on bud 👍

• Supporters
On 22/06/2018 at 18:00, British_Squaddie said:

I'm currently looking at S10 Respirators (ex-Army Gas Mask which has just been phased out of British Military service,) to be used as a realistic full face protection mask.

It's quite an iconic British Respirator, however is it safe?..

Some variants of the S10 come with Polymer Lenses however apparently most S10's, particularly early variants, come with glass lenses which most Airsoft sites will likely deem unsafe. Now - there are safety outsets on Ebay, designed specifically for the S10, but they are quite expensive for a couple of re-enforced outsets.

Would you guys consider the Respirator safe without the addition of the Outsets? Or no.

edit: a lot of people could argue that "they were designed for the military so they surely should be safe" but im not eager to have glass in my eyes.

The lenses are NOT safe for airsoft BUT they can be replaced with ones that are https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/183028175897?chn=ps&var=690328887975&adgroupid=54831769347&rlsatarget=pla-412711529491&abcId=1133916&adtype=pla&merchantid=115243038&googleloc=9045735&device=c&campaignid=1057744940&crdt=0

Archived