Socom Tactical

Duff
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Bought my outer barrel from them via their Amazon store and after trying to skirmish with the thing its gotton loose.

The bb's are flying wild too, could be internals but they are stock and not been touched by human hand since the lab monkeys put it together.

They blamed the delta ring without even inspecting it, the ring is fine and fitted properly. 

They offered to look at it, I'm not driving to bloody Fleet! Would they replace it? Maybe but the same barrel made by the same manufacturer is not going to be any different. Also, having had to make my own modifications to the barrel I doubt they'd accept it anyway.

It's been 12 hours since I last had any contact and I get the feeling they're hoping I'll give up and go away.

Colour me unimpressed.

Once you secure the outer barrel, you could try PFTE tape on the inner barrel if that is loose in the outer it will also cause BBs to veer left and right

30 minutes ago, MisterG said:

Once you secure the outer barrel, you could try PFTE tape on the inner barrel if that is loose in the outer it will also cause BBs to veer left and right

Yeah no. I shouldn'thave to bodge it with fucking tape. And believe me the amount of tape I'd have to put on it would classify as mummification which has been illegal on a Friday afternoon since the 15th century.

Also this is a feedback thread for Socom Tactical customer service not tech help for my M4.

• Supporters
inutes ago, Duff said:

Also this is a feedback thread for Socom Tactical customer service not tech help for my M4.

There's an existing thread for this:

• Supporters

Different brands have different tolerances, even different batches by the same brand vary, parts being a bit loose is just the nature of the game I'm afraid so it's not necessarily a fault with the part.

Stick a thread up in the tech section, maybe there's something you've missed or something that could be altered 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, MisterG said:

real pro's machine a groove in their barrels and use an o ring.

i'd do this first just to ensure there isn't some other issue causing the problem, then send it back.

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

real pro's machine a groove in their barrels and use an o ring.

i'd do this first just to ensure there isn't some other issue causing the problem, then send it back.

I already hand machined new lug holes for the forward A sight by hand 🤣 hence my not really wanting to send it back haha....

The barrel was only £24 so I shouldn't be surprised it turned out to be a piece if cheap shit, you get what you pay for.

Archived