The Rental Incident

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Me and this guy were holding off an opposing force from a building, the guy who I was with had purchased a rental pass which meant he was given a standard site rental M16. The weapon itself looked like, as you would expect, an M16. But the real discomforting thing about it was the massive gas tank which was connected to it at the bottom behind the pistol grip. (it looked a bit like those large gas bottles on the bottom of a paintball gun.)

This guy needed to do something, I forget what it was, but as he did it, he handed me his rifle.

I was laying down cover with this rental weapon, it was quite nice to begin with, until it ran out of gas.

When this particular rifle runs out of gas, it goes into an uncontrollable state of fire even if your finger is off the trigger. Long story short, I was suddenly operating the equivalent of a fully automatic light machine gun in a single shot only game mode.

After absolutely pelting about 5 people in the corridor I apologised, and with absolutely no idea about what just happened, because I'd never used this type of gas airsoft rifle before, I had no idea what to really do next other than just pick up my regular AEG and carry on playing. It was low-key kind of funny at the time.

I'll probably just be sticking to my AEG for now.

*I refer to the gas canisters as containing "gas", but as I was corrected, it was High Pressure Air. My Mistake.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I don't believe you're a new member at all.

That's Three posts with quite obvious troll baiting style posts in rapid succession.

I can imagine you sat there waiting with an excited look on your face for the "hurrr durrr, firstly its HPA, NOT GAS, and secondly HPA won't fire when it's run out of air lolol" reply 

5 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

That's Three posts with quite obvious troll baiting style posts in rapid succession.

I can imagine you sat there waiting with an excited look on your face for the "hurrr durrr, firstly its HPA, NOT GAS, and secondly HPA won't fire when it's run out of air lolol" reply 

Welp hey that's what I was told when it was handed back to one of the Marshals.

(Not that is had gas in, that it had run out of air.)

Otherwise 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Think you might be right.

I’m not even going to get involved in this. OP, contact the site for queries. 

#out

• Root Admin

Looks like a legit (or at least not a second) account to me so I'll bite.

Could have not been resetting the bolt if it was low on air, but that means a site is giving out Tippmann M4s as rentals (I can't see any site using HPA tapped GBBRs for this purpose). Which site was this? They must be making a pretty penny if they trust the average player with 350-400 quids worth of rental gun, tank and line.

Are you sure you didn't flick it to full auto by accident?

Also your profile makes me think you know the difference between an M4 and an M16 and Tippmanns are most certainly not long enough barreled to be referred to as an 'M16' by anyone. So final questions: Are you sure it was a rental gun? If so, are you sure this actually happened? :)

By the looks of it, this guy goes to Black Ops Cribbs Causeway - Who, after their Combat machines were stolen, seems to have replaced them with Tippmanns. I tried out a mate's rental one when we went there. I can't remember if they have stock tubes for the gas or it's in the mag. I'm tempted to say the latter, though.

• Supporters

I remember when i used to rent the site had an m4 that would fire on safe, and an ak that must have been hot because it shot so much better than its battered and wobbly condition should allow.

Did it not occurr to you when it malfunctioned and started blazing full auto to stop shooting at people and seek assistance from the marhsal? Because firing full auto in a semi auto only area is a guaranteed way to piss off the regulars.....

• Root Admin
1 hour ago, chaoticelements said:

By the looks of it, this guy goes to Black Ops Cribbs Causeway - Who, after their Combat machines were stolen, seems to have replaced them with Tippmanns. I tried out a mate's rental one when we went there. I can't remember if they have stock tubes for the gas or it's in the mag. I'm tempted to say the latter, though.

See now there is a reasonable explanation for it all.

10 hours ago, L3wisD said:

Paranoia bro.

• Supporters

Yup it’s Black ops Cribbs and Portishead he’s going too , they use tipmman M4’s for there rentals .

there both full time splurgeball sites so they’ve got the compressor’s all set up to hoses out side the safezone . 

17 hours ago, proffrink said:

Could have not been resetting the bolt if it was low on air, but that means a site is giving out Tippmann M4s as rentals (I can't see any site using HPA tapped GBBRs for this purpose). Which site was this? They must be making a pretty penny if they trust the average player with 350-400 quids worth of rental gun, tank and line.

My local site in Thanet uses HPA Tippmans for rental guns. There again one of the guys in charge there also repairs all their paintball kit as well. I might be wrong but I should imagine there would be quite a few simmalarities between the m4s and paintball guns....actually these are tippmans too.

• Root Admin

I suppose the air tanks aren't an issue if you use ones from paintballing. From a teching perspective the Tippmann M4 is very much the same as most GBBRs or fully pneumatic HPA though, so are relatively easy to work on.

19 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

guaranteed way to piss off the regulars.....

It did.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Nicky blue eyes said:

Don't tippman offer a teching service for sites that use there gear?

Pass but Dave the head marshal does all there kit servicing , and general builder of mad and wonderful things on site !

Archived