Realistic/Suitable loadout in your opinion?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Sup' guys.

I've been playing airsoft for about 4 months now and I love MilSim and CQB but I was wondering if my loadout was reasonable/realistic enough to be considered "passable" as realistic.

My loadout is loosely based off of a British Special Air Serviceman with a light improvised loadout.

Summer Loadout:

• British Army Issue Multicam UBAC (Under Body Armour Combat)
  • Armoured Tactical gloves
  • Viper V-Cam (multicam) "Elite" trousers with knee pads
  • Nuprol Green Mesh Goggles
  • OneTigris Multicam Mesh Half-Face facemask
  • Brown British Army issue boots
  • Multicam Jungle Boonie, Tan Baseball Cap (or if it's really hot nothing)
  • British Army DPM Chest Rig

Winter Loadout:

EXACTLY THE SAME EXCEPT:

• Choice of light hats are most likely swapped with my MK6 British Army issue helmet with Multicam Cover
  • T-Shirt/Thermal combo is swapped out for Multicam British Army smock jacket
  • Probably swap out the V-CAM trousers with a more matching MTP varient of trousers too.

Replica Weapon Loadout:

• M4 Carbine 
  • M56B (more for indoor CQB, I like to sling this so it's on my back and easy to reach.)

Currently, I don't have a sidearm, as I don't see a point in removing more of my move ability.

If you want to see my summer loadout, just look at my profile pic.

Realistic or no?

• Supporters

Unless it's a milsim where they're pretty anal about matching uniforms just use what you like that's comfortable. In a live fire environment a "realistic" loadout consists of a rifle and body armour. Anything else is dependent on job role and user preference. Don't overthink it. After all it's airsoft not Iraq. Common sense still applies. ;)

I wouldn't have guessed you're going for an SAS inspired loadout from your pic. Looks like you're average skirmish gear. 

• Mostly Retired Moderators
1 hour ago, British_Squaddie said:

DUE TO MY AGE AND UK FIREARMS LAWS I MUST HAVE UN-ALTERED TWO TONE BLUE OR ORANGE WEAPONS

....why?

5 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

....why?

Probably got previous for robbing the tuck shop with a Nerf gun!?

just looks like a generic, vaguely military inspired, louadout. Like most airsofters.  The long black thermal arms ruin it. Dont be a wuss, BBs dont hurt that much :P ditch the thermal layer. If youre that worried get a long sleeve MTP shirt. 

14 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

....why?

In the UK you must be 18 years old to apply for a "UKARA" which allows a retailer to sell fully black firearms to licence holders.

I'm not 18 yet and cannot apply for one, this means that any RIA rifles must be either Blue, Orange or Red. If I alter the colour I am breaking the law.

There are holes in the legislation but I ain't willing to mess about with them.

11 minutes ago, Tiercel said:

just looks like a generic, vaguely military inspired, louadout. Like most airsofters.  The long black thermal arms ruin it. Dont be a wuss, BBs dont hurt that much :P ditch the thermal layer. If youre that worried get a long sleeve MTP shirt. 

Yeah I wore the thermal to CQB as a one off.

Most of the time now I wear a British Army issue "UBAC" which looks like this: 

MTP-UBACS-1-900x900.jpg

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, British_Squaddie said:

"UKARA" licence 

• Head Moderator
1 minute ago, British_Squaddie said:

In the UK you must be 18 years old to apply for a "UKARA" licence which allows a retailer to sell fully black firearms to licence holders.

I'm not 18 yet and cannot apply for one, this means that any RIA rifles must be either Blue, Orange or Red. If I alter the colour I am breaking the law.

There are holes in the legislation but I ain't willing to mess about with them.

Oh no, he said "licence" 🙄  UKARA is a defence, and you must be 18+ and be eligible to be added to the database.  

Key points - It is illegal for under 18 year olds to buy or be sold any airsoft gun.  Anyone 18+ can buy an Imitation Forearm (IF) which is two tone without a defence.  However, to buy a Realistic Imitation Firearm (RIF) you must be 18+ and have a valid defence. 

You can temporary cover your two-tone gun for the skirmish / milsim event, removing it afterwards.   An Adult, i.e. a parent, can gift you a RIF (if they have defence to buy one).

1 minute ago, Jedi_Master said:

You can temporary cover your two-tone gun for the skirmish / milsim event, removing it afterwards.   An Adult, i.e. a parent, can gift you a RIF (if they have defence to buy one).

Yeah. 

All a bit of hassle really, I just wish it was like in the United States where only the tip of the muzzle needs to be somewhat covered. 

• Mostly Retired Moderators
5 minutes ago, British_Squaddie said:

In the UK you must be 18 years old to apply for a "UKARA" licence which allows a retailer to sell fully black firearms to licence holders.

auS4vKs.gif

(I'm just busting your balls :) )

Guest pierce09
10 minutes ago, British_Squaddie said:

All a bit of hassle really, I just wish it was like in the United States where only the tip of the muzzle needs to be somewhat covered. 

The orange tip is only for sales from a store or dealer. after that, there are no laws on requiring colour sections of an airsoft gun. they don't even call them 'firearms' as they are toys.

and as for your loadout, play in whatever works for you. Getting into impressions for a kit is expensive and time consuming when done correctly. The UK is actually one of the easiest places to get cheap multicam style kit in surplus MTP. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, British_Squaddie said:

Sup' guys.

I've been playing airsoft for about 4 months now and I love MilSim and CQB but I was wondering if my loadout was reasonable/realistic enough to be considered "passable" as realistic.

My loadout is loosely based off of a British Special Air Serviceman with a light improvised loadout.

Summer Loadout:

• Thermal Black Long sleeve (for extra protection against BB's on bare skin)
  • Military Green T-Shirt (over the black thermal obviously)
  • Armoured Tactical gloves
  • Viper V-Cam (multicam) "Elite" trousers with knee pads
  • Nuprol Green Mesh Goggles
  • OneTigris Multicam Mesh Half-Face facemask
  • Brown British Army issue boots
  • Multicam Jungle Boonie, Tan Baseball Cap (or if it's really hot nothing)
  • British Army DPM Chest Rig
  • Winter Loadout:

EXACTLY THE SAME EXCEPT:

• Choice of light hats are most likely swapped with my MK6 British Army issue helmet with Multicam Cover
  • T-Shirt/Thermal combo is swapped out for Multicam British Army smock jacket
  • Probably swap out the V-CAM trousers with a more matching MTP varient of trousers too.

Sorry bud but as Gepard said this just sounds (and looks) like a normal run of the mill Airsoft kit list , don’t strike me as even remotely SAS’ish , me personally I’d say drop the SAS bit when describing it and just call it what it is you’ll probably get a better response . On a different note , man up ya snowflake! ‘Thermal top to stop the hits hurting ! indeed ! 😂😂😂

joking aside as the good mr Tiercel said , it don’t hurt that much , and if it does well take it as an incentive to improve your field craft skills .😳

PS us grown ups that can have black guns don’t want ANY vomit colours on any part of guns thank you very much ! 😉

1 minute ago, Druid799 said:

Sorry bud but as Gepard said this just sounds (and looks) like a normal run of the mill Airsoft kit list , don’t strike me as even remotely SAS’ish , me personally I’d say drop the SAS bit when describing it and just call it what it is you’ll probably get a better response . On a different note , man up ya snowflake! ‘Thermal top to stop the hits hurting ! indeed ! 😂😂😂

joking aside as the good mr Tiercel said , it don’t hurt that much , and if it does well take it as an incentive to improve your field craft skills ! 😉

Guys one thing I neglected to mention was the fact that I don't necessarily have anything against BB's on skin, one thing which I keep getting bought to my attention.

As for the thermal, as I will refer to a reply above, it was a one off, and I'm now replacing it for this:

MTP-UBACS-1-900x900.jpg

• Supporters

Mate one thing your going to have to learn quick about Airsofters , if you say absolutely ANYTHING that can be turned in to a piss take it will be ! 🤣And the more you rail against it the more we’ll take the piss !🤦‍♂️ It’s happend to all of us at some time or another ! 😉

Just now, Druid799 said:

Mate one thing your going to have to learn quick about Airsofters , if you say absolutely ANYTHING that can be turned in to a piss take it will be ! 🤣And the more you rail against it the more we’ll take the piss !🤦‍♂️ It’s happend to all of us at some time or another ! 😉

Fair play. 😂

22 minutes ago, British_Squaddie said:

Fair play. 😂

Im also guessing you are a new recruit or coming straight from Harrogate... Or god forbid... TA... So you better grow that thick skin mighty quick! Haha 😉 No banter punches are pulled...

• Moderators

And don’t edit your posts after someone has quoted you..... the evidence is there still to see !!! :lol:

im sure it’s got worse since I joined in 2015 :lol: :lol:

but honestly don’t worry about your gear, wear what’s comfy and you like and can afford and fits the purpose and most importantly keep having fun!!

• Moderators

@L3wisD can you do an X5 version or a SWAT truck?’ , :lol:

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, djben9 said:

im sure it’s got worse since I joined in 2015 :lol: :lol:

Sometimes I've edited my comments as somebody is typing but as they haven't refreshed the page they don't see the changes. Usually just proof reading tho or clarifying something. :lol:

• Moderators

I’ve done the same.... many times  :lol:

Sorry, by worse I meant ‘us’ all reacting to certain posts and our ‘banter’ and off topic levels :) ;)

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, djben9 said:

@L3wisD can you do an X5 version or a SWAT truck?’ , :lol:

How about this , Airsoft armed response?

C38C4450-124A-4CF0-BAB8-306BDF01B7B1.jpeg

• Supporters

If you want to play milsim then look at the milsim facebook pages for inspiration. Lot better for that sort of thing than here.

As for CQB forget looks and go for practical. Minimal is best as speed is your best tool. Never carry anything you don't use and if anything effects your ability to feel hits remove it. CQB is often a lot harder to notice some hits as more noise and faster movement can cover things that woodland doesn't. 

CQB is all about the player and 90% of airsofters suck at it so concentrate your efforts on your play not your clothes and you will have a better time.

As for that bag on your other thread just no. I would ask any player to remove something that ridiculous.

Archived