Offset iron sights help

CON10R
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

where’s the rest of it? You seem to be missing half a sight package...

Just now, Georgeturner2001 said:

Can I ask what the point of these is? 

Just for looks? Or functionalality?

Well I like the look off them but I have a 3x maginfier so I have them for a reason but this one won't fold and click away properly due to the winditch knob I was hooping to swap it to the other side but can't seem to get it off so I guess I'll have to think of another plan 

It's more of I went over kill with some stuff on my gun but it's how I've always wanted it to look I'll probably never use iron sight ever but it was cool having them on the side 

• Supporters

You've got a FTS Magnifier and an Eotech. If you had a scope that couldn't magnify to x1 I could kind of see the point but not in the way that you've configured them. Isn't your magnifier mounted pretty high or is it the angle btw? Looks like 1/3 of it is sticking above the sight! :D

2 minutes ago, Gepard said:

You've got a FTS Magnifier and an Eotech. If you had a scope that couldn't magnify to x1 I could kind of see the point but not in the way that you've configured them. Isn't your magnifier mounted pretty high or is it the angle btw?

The angle and I haven't adjusted it yet for elavation 

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

I’d say just ditch them, no use due to that hop up! Close range do you even need sights? 

But the argument for him keeping them for the ‘look’ is do we even need any sights at all ? The ranges we shoot at you don’t seriously need them (snipers yes , everyone else ? Nope)  , me and a mate did a test where we ran half the day with sights and half without (one had one didn’t first half of the day then we swapped after lunch) and there was absolutely no diffrence in the amount of kills we both got . This logic can then be applied to everything to do with Airsoft , we don’t ‘need’ anything bar PPE , do we need RIFs ? No we don’t , do we ‘need’ plate carriers and all the crap that goes with them ? No we don’t . We could just run around with something that just spits bbs out that bares no resemblance to real firearms (like splurgeguns) but we don’t , we choose to encumber our selves with all this frippery because it all adds to our fantasy for the day . SO long and the short of it , you keep em bud and figure out a way for it to work ! 😁

7 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

But the argument for him keeping them for the ‘look’ is do we even need any sights at all ? The ranges we shoot at you don’t seriously need them (snipers yes , everyone else ? Nope)  , me and a mate did a test where we ran half the day with sights and half without (one had one didn’t first half of the day then we swapped after lunch) and there was absolutely no diffrence in the amount of kills we both got . This logic can then be applied to everything to do with Airsoft , we don’t ‘need’ anything bar PPE , do we need RIFs ? No we don’t , do we ‘need’ plate carriers and all the crap that goes with them ? No we don’t . We could just run around with something that just spits bbs out that bares no resemblance to real firearms (like splurgeguns) but we don’t , we choose to encumber our selves with all this frippery because it all adds to our fantasy for the day . SO long and the short of it , you keep em bud and figure out a way for it to work ! 😁

But a red dot still has a use, plate carrier still has a use, 45 degree sights are useless😂😂

• Supporters
51 minutes ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

But a red dot still has a use, plate carrier still has a use, 45 degree sights are useless😂😂

Yup they do have a use BUT you don’t need them , in your profile pic the helmet your wearing has an NVG mount on it why ? Do you have a set of NVG ? Do you play at night where you’d need them ? That’s the point of him having them .😉

2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Yup they do have a use BUT you don’t need them , in your profile pic the helmet your wearing has an NVG mount on it why ? Do you have a set of NVG ? Do you play at night where you’d need them ? That’s the point of him having them .😉

Do I have a set of NVGs? Yes😂

6 hours ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

I put a 45 degree red dot sight on my M4 a while back. I whizzed the hop all the way on and curved the BBs round corners when people were hiding behind buildings.

They thought they were safe....

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Duff said:

At the end of the day if it makes a small gland in your body excrete some happy juice then that's all you need to worry about; whether you're happy. Fuck everyone else and their opinion.

This. All day long.

Archived