3x scope help....

CON10R

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey so I bought a 3x Flip down magnifier scope they look so cool

But I need help!!!!!

As you can see in the picture off the birds eye view it's off to the left of the holographic sight and the other picture the red crosshair is top left but on the halo graphic sight it's in the middle ??

Anyone able to give a fellow airsoft noob a hand ??? 

15295705068273524141872739340890.jpg

15295705529283599376771948705610.jpg

Edited by CON10R

Magnifier OK. Mount not ok. That is problem. Need new mount.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

Magnifier OK. Mount not ok. That is problem. Need new mount.

You're right, but the cost of a decent mount is probably more than it's worth spending on that optic. However, I have this mount on my magnifier (which is also Vector Optics) and it returns pretty well https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Vector-Optics-30mm-Magnifier-Scope-90-Degree-Quick-Flip-to-Side-Mount-FTS-36mm/1434599697?iid=132573473674&chn=ps&adgroupid=52130512215&rlsatarget=pla-451946728260&abcId=1133906&adtype=pla&merchantid=7148814&poi=&googleloc=9045745&device=c&campaignid=1058844235&crdt=0

1 hour ago, Lozart said:

See now, what you need to do there is take the 3x magnifier off, put it in a draw, go play airsoft and sell the magnifier in 6 months. This will save you the hassle of lugging it around all day just to discover that it's 3 parts of fuck all use.

Alternatively, the should be elevation and windage adjusters on the magnifier or possibly on the mount base that will help you re-centre the reticule. Unfortunately, there is EVERY likelihood that when you first flip the magnifier to one side and back again it'll be off centre again because NONE of the cheap magnifiers are actually any good (please see my previous comment above).

Pretty much what I did, although is still in a drawer somewhere.....

Does the OP want a new one, I promise it might be adjustable and he may not have the issues with mine that he is having with his!! no refunds

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, CON10R said:

Also guys if I zero in my sight from a distance of say 20/25 meters do I zero in the 3x to a futur distance or same ?

You don't zero a magnifier. 

58 minutes ago, Lozart said:

You don't zero a magnifier. 

No I mean cause off wind and evaluation do I make my crosshair go in the middle off the magnifier or does it not matter if it's off little 

1 hour ago, CON10R said:

No I mean cause off wind and evaluation do I make my crosshair go in the middle off the magnifier or does it not matter if it's off little 

Your evaluating is unlikely to make super fast precision BB trajectory 

• Supporters

cheap fts magnifiers aren't worth it.

the offset is due to needing to "zero" the magnifier itself to your red dot (it's not proper zeroing, just moving the red dot image into the centre of the image), the actual zeroing is done by the red dot, and should be done to as far as you are planning to shoot at.

the main problem you'll find with the cheaper mounts is if you flip it over and back it'll not stay centered and there's no way around this than to put down the moolah for a decent mount.

personally i use a UTG mount which is nice and solid, but you'll need a magnifier with the ability to adjust internally (my nuprol one does)

I'm going to zero in my halo sight here soon just need a good place with 25m distance then once it's all fine I'll do the 3x and see how it goes 

Thanks everyone 

• 2 weeks later...

You would be better just buying a proper scope if magnification is what you are after. Cheap, low magnification scopes with parallax set to airgun ranges (30-35 yards) are widely available. And if you are using them at between x2 and x4, there will be no parallax error to talk of. 

If you need long eye relief for a scope mounted near the muzzle, get an air pistol one. Just make sure you get some picatinny scope rings for it - not the normal airgun 11mm ones. Sometimes they are included with the scope.

You won't get the red dot of course, but that is of limited value in airsoft. Provided there is a reticule or some other sort of mark visible in the centre of the scope you will know where to aim.

In fact for airsoft accuracy you don't even need a mark. Provided you have reasonable eye alignment, you shoot when the target is more or less in the middle of the sight picture. A red dot is probably just as effective with the dot turned off. It is just faster to access and use than iron sights. 

Why have two bulky items on your gun when one will do. They may look good but are just unnecessary weight IMHO.

• Supporters

I kind of disagree that theyre useless, as a basic red dot whilst not parallax free (not that as you say it matters much for airsoft) still has the advantage of no eye relief and therefore excellent field of view for the majority of shooting.

I dont think you even need any magnification to make hits, however what it can come in handy for is target identification and hit confirmation, the former you can do with the magnifier still flipped to the side then switch back to the red dot to do the actual firing.

The latter is a bit trickier, as obviously a dedicated scope will have much greater clarity, its still useful to be able to sanity check your own shooting especially if you're pretty confident your on the mark but want to be sure before calling someone out.

Thing is, with the fts setup you get both the flexibility of a no eye relief red dot for the majority of engagements, which is especially handy up close (ie almost all airsoft) with the ability to quickly identify targets or to sanity check against cheaters.

Admittedly i agree that if your doing a dmr/sniper role where it is appropriate for permanent optics then an air rifle scope is definately a good option, but for assault style setups that only occasionally get pushed to long range precision then the fts is a valid option.

Of course whatever you choose, with magnified optics theres no point doing it half way, do it properly with proper mounts and glass or dont bother.

• 3 years later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.