Ares efcs mosfet v2 gearbox...compatability

Cleaners inc
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Friends being looking for ways to improve his G&P m4 wirecutter. One of the things he wants is a mosfet with the ability to have burst fire. 

he has come across the following:

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft/ares-amoeba-efcs-ecu-gearbox-complete-rear-wired.htm#.WykXqRbTXYU

I’ve found it for around £85 on eBay.

his question is will this work in his G&P as a straight swap? Both v2 gearboxs and both rear wired 

Benefits seem to be he gains a mosfet and quick change spring option which the g&p lacks. He also then always has the G&P gearbox at his disposal as a spare or to internally upgrade over time.

He isn’t tech inclined so a complete ready to go gearbox seems like a good idea for him...but will it work? Can’t seem to find much info on this online 

• Supporters

If it wasn't going into a G&P I'd say yes, but their receivers can be a bit picky. Why not go for a Gate Titan instead? That'll go in his existing gearbox.

14 minutes ago, Lozart said:

If it wasn't going into a G&P I'd say yes, but their receivers can be a bit picky. Why not go for a Gate Titan instead? That'll go in his existing gearbox.

Requires opening his current gearbox which I think he is looking to avoid after bad experiences attempting to work on one himself before 😂

from what ive read some where on the internet the ares gearbox will only fit there guns from what i can understand anyway 

10 hours ago, Fat-jd said:

from what ive read some where on the internet the ares gearbox will only fit there guns from what i can understand anyway 

Ah, any ideas where you read this? Many thanks 

Took one apart last night. The efcs only fits gearboxes designed for it. It requires a lot of material to be removed from the gearbox if you were going to make it fit.

1 hour ago, PopRocket123 said:

Took one apart last night. The efcs only fits gearboxes designed for it. It requires a lot of material to be removed from the gearbox if you were going to make it fit.

Its a complete pre built gearbox with the efcs

Archived