Best way to zero in a sight????

CON10R
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I have a holographic sight that needs zeroed in.

Also have a 3x Flip down magnifier coming soon too!

What is the best way everyone zeros in a new sight and what is the best distance to do it at?

Put a small ish target out at the furthest distance your garden permits. If you have a crazy sized one then put it out at 20 metres ish. It should be the size of a coke can and make sure the white bb's are easy to see against the background. Then aim the sight the at the target and observe where the bb goes. If it goes below then move the sight down if it it goes to the right move the sight to the right. Keep shooting to see where its firing and adjust each time afterwards. When the bb is hitting where the sight is aim at the target and shoot it multiple times from different positions left and right. If the bb hits where the sight indicates then done...

If you can shoot the heads off of dandelions or plants then its zeroed enough.

I got told 20/25 meters is good my garden is only like 15/18 So I need to find somewhere to do it next week I'm getting a tight bore and flat hop or r hop so I'll get it zeroed then with .25s 

Thankyou 

A quicker way is to get a large enough bit of cardboard/paper (anything that will be penetrated by the BB.

Set it at whatever range you wish to zero at and draw a nice red dot or other marking in the middle.

Aim the crosshair/dot at the marking you have made and fire off some controlled shots. 5-10 should be enough. 

Have a look at your target and take a rough average of where your BBs are going and mark that.

Go back and line up your sight with the original marking, then without moving your RIF adjust your sight until its over the new marking you made on the target. 

Then you can make test and make minor adjustments as necessary.

My way is to get a medium sized cardboard box, then draw a make shift target on some paper. Then stick it to the box and put a old t shirt lined in the back so it catches the bb's :)

Plonk it around 20m or so and Fire off a few rounds see were there heading, then just dial it in by half turns. And if its completely out, go a full turns. 

Done it this way now on 4 guns and it really takes me 5-10mins max to get it nearly absolutely perfect.

I know people usually rest the gun completely still but i found it difficult to always find something to balance it on! lol

• Moderators

I really should pay attention to this.... I just whack sights on gun and play.... just judge bb flight in game 

ttouble is I swap sights between guns so would have to do this every time?

may have to pop to parents as they have a longer garden so can easily go 20/30/40m 

10 minutes ago, djben9 said:

I really should pay attention to this.... I just whack sights on gun and play.... just judge bb flight in game 

ttouble is I swap sights between guns so would have to do this every time?

may have to pop to parents as they have a longer garden so can easily go 20/30/40m 

Always worth doing mate, pisses me off when i aim and it doesn't go were i want it lol

Yes mate you will always need to be redoing to some extent going onto new/different guns, because you might even need to adjust the hop up too :)

• Supporters

i tend to go to sites and set the hop/sight based on looking at the flight path of the bb. although when in-game sometimes you still need to employ a little kentucky windage.

13 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i tend to go to sites and set the hop/sight based on looking at the flight path of the bb. although when in-game sometimes you still need to employ a little kentucky windage.

I was chatting to a lad awaiting the attackers to get to second stage. He was complaining his new sniper scope wasn't hitting. I had a look and fired a round and it landed at 7 o clock. I then aimed towards 2 o clock to get the bb landing in the target, a slim birch tree.

So you need to acquire a target and keep shooting at it, using centre cross hair  and adjusting it until the bb lands where the scope suggests it should. 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Duff said:

I was chatting to a lad awaiting the attackers to get to second stage. He was complaining his new sniper scope wasn't hitting. I had a look and fired a round and it landed at 7 o clock. I then aimed towards 2 o clock to get the bb landing in the target, a slim birch tree.

So you need to acquire a target and keep shooting at it, using centre cross hair  and adjusting it until the bb lands where the scope suggests it should. 

yep, a well zeroed scope is always nice, but it's no substitute for always checking where you're hitting.

29 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

yep, a well zeroed scope is always nice, but it's no substitute for always checking where you're hitting.

It's got me thinking that I will most likely use the irons when I get the JG080.

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, Duff said:

It's got me thinking that I will most likely use the irons when I get the JG080.

the problem i have is if i'm using a gun with irons i never use the sights, just fire and adjust. 

On 19/06/2018 at 17:16, CON10R said:

I got told 20/25 meters is good my garden is only like 15/18 So I need to find somewhere to do it next week I'm getting a tight bore and flat hop or r hop so I'll get it zeroed then with .25s 

Thankyou 

I stand in my living room and shoot out through the door into the garden, this gives me the extra length and also stops my neighbours in the estate I live at knocking on my door with their real guns wanting to show off (its rough around my way lol)

So if your able to shoot out into the garden it will give you the extra distance you need.

failing that arrive at the next skirmish a little earlier than usual and use their site (I mostly do this to be honest)

Archived