Motor upgrade straight swap upgrade or?

HKRiceBucket
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Basically I'm looking to get a specna arms as a base and replacing the spring, inner barrel and also install a flat hop/r hop (undecided yet on what type of hop) 

My question would be if I toy with the idea of changing stock motor would there be anything else I may need to do or would it be ok just to do a straight swap without any potential issues?

(I know that for a lot there is a phrase of "don't fix what's not broken", but I enjoy tinkering and generally like to learn more about what makes things "tick" 😝)

Thanks

• Supporters

Should be a straight swap but you may need to adjust the motor height (which is a piece of piss).

As far as the hop mods go, try a Maple Leaf rubber first. 90% of the performance of flat/r hop without all the tedious setting up.

• Supporters
Just now, HKRiceBucket said:

Cool thanks for the suggestion. Will try that out 👍

It's what I have in my specna along with a ZCI inner barrel. Works a treat but make sure you get the Maple Leaf Omega nub to go with it.

It's about to get a Maxx CNC hop up unit (with the built in tracer) so I'll let you know how that goes as they suggest using it with the Maple Leaf rubber!

Well I had my eyes on a prommy barrel as it seems a lot of people rate it. However would like to hear how you get on with your current build.👍

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, HKRiceBucket said:

Well I had my eyes on a prommy barrel as it seems a lot of people rate it. However would like to hear how you get on with your current build.👍

Prometheus barrels are great, but they are expensive.

Archived