Where do I start?

raiiin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello everyone,

I am 23 y/o guy living near Dartford (Kent) that would really like to get into airsoft but I have literally no clue where to start. I know I need to attend 3 events before I can purchase my own rifles but I can't really seem to understand where I sign up for them not even where to look for one. If anybody could recommend a  beginner friendly place (am okay driving 50-100 miles if the place is really good) or get me into one of your own groups would be really appreciated. Also would be really nice if anyone could explain what I should bring with me as a first timer.

For a first time if you're renting all you'll need is comfy clothes and some good boots/shoes depending on whether you play indoor or out. (Boots recommended for woodland or outdoors)

Other than that just there isn't anything you need. You could buy your own eye and face pro but it is provided when you rent.

If you're on PC check the link to the UK airsoft dirsctory in my signature it has a long list of sites. 

• Supporters

as duff said, good boots are absolutely essential, normal clothing is fine, hell yesterday there was a guy running around in a red morph suit...

a hat and gloves are a good idea- getting shot in the ear/finger hurts.

other than that just go, play, chat with the guys, most airsofters won't miss an opportunity to show off their toys.

once you've been enough to a site you like then they can register you on ukara and you can sign away all your disposable income.

Some good Boots, Eye Protection and a face mask would be a good start. Only say eye protection as you could get something that takes your fancy for fairly cheap and not where the horrendous paintball type masks some places give out as rentals.

There's a few places across the river in Essex that I go that would probably suit your location. Billericay Skirmish, Dragons Lair. Your side of the river the only one I know of is Battle Lakes? I think that's Kent..

Just hop on there websites, hook yourself up with a rental RIF and have a day blasting folk and see how you like it. Go another 2 times after that in over 2 months and boom, welcome to spending lots of money on toys.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bump this but I just noticed it. 

For you in Kent I'd recommend Doomsday Airsoft  it's a new site run by an ex Airsoft Billericay employee. Friendly, not too far (in Swanley) and has rental equipment available standard M4s I think. 

As long as you have good boots and eye protection your first few games should be great. 

On 18/06/2018 at 22:40, raiiin said:

Hello everyone,

I am 23 y/o guy living near Dartford (Kent) that would really like to get into airsoft but I have literally no clue where to start. I know I need to attend 3 events before I can purchase my own rifles but I can't really seem to understand where I sign up for them not even where to look for one. If anybody could recommend a  beginner friendly place (am okay driving 50-100 miles if the place is really good) or get me into one of your own groups would be really appreciated. Also would be really nice if anyone could explain what I should bring with me as a first timer.

There are quite a few decent sites in Kent.

The main three that I attend are Apocalypse Airsoft, Invicta Battlefield and Cool Under Fire.

You're more than welcome to join me and my friends when we go. I believe we are planning on going to Cool Under Fire on 29/07/18. This is where I first started out and it's mostly mid-range shooting with a bit of CQB thrown in. Everyone at the site is really friendly and beginners are always welcome.

I'd recommend getting yourself a pair of supportive, comfortable boots. Get yourself some decent eye and face protection as well and I'd recommend gloves too as getting shot in the fingers can sting quite a bit. Wear some comfortable clothes on the day as well (that you don't mind getting dirty).

Everything you need to play is provided in most rental packages!

Also BattleLakes in Kent which is the sister site to ZedAdventures The Mall is supposed to be very good fun. Been wanting to try it for a while myself. 

Hi

Wlecome to the forum.

I'd also add, in the current weather you might want a hydration bladder/backpack. 

You'll need to drink loads, and depending on the length of games at site you go to, might need a drink during rather that wating to go back to the safe zone.

You should not lift a full face mask to drink, and that's what you'll get with rental kit unless you bring your own separate googles and face pro.  I've seen people told to sit out a game for putting a hand under their mask, marshalls will view that as unsafe, lifting the mask to drink even more so.

Cheers

G

• 2 weeks later...

Archived